Mission complete alert shows in sandbox save after having exploration save open

hatterson

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Win 11 | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS | GPU: RTX 3070 Laptop version | RAM16GB

Severity: Low - purely a UI popup, no impact on gameplay. Also a full reboot of the game resolves it.

Frequency: Uhh, high I guess since it's 100% reproducible and happens 100% of the time in the given situations, but in terms of actual gameplay it would be low since you rarely run into it

Description: If you load an exploration save, exit to main menu (not exiting the full game), then load a sandbox save, and launch a vessel to 10k meters you'll receive the popup informing you to check in with mission control

Reproduction Steps:

1. Start or load any exploration save.
  2. Exit to main menu. Do not fully exit game, only go to main menu.
  3. Create or load any sandbox save.
  4. Launch vessel to 10km altitude or simply load one that already fulfills 10Km above Kerbin.
  5. Receive "Science Reward Available" popup informing you to return to Mission Control to submit mission brief.

Expected Behavior: I shouldn't get a popup about mission control in a game mode where it doesn't exist :)

Extra Notes: It appears that this happens each time you load a sandbox save when a vessel meeting the initial exploration mode contact criteria once you've had an exploration save open including quick saves and quick loads (e.g. if I load a save of a vessel in LKO and receive the popup, then f5 + f9 will pop it up again).

Additionally, you can already have completed the initial mission on the science save and it still seems to trigger it over on the sandbox side. I loaded my exploration save where I'm well into tier 3 and it still causes it to happen next time I'm in sandbox LKO or launching.

Included Attachments:

Edited by Spicat

• 3 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X | GPU: Radeon 6700XT | RAM32GB 3600MHz

Title says it all, the text that appears when a mission is completed will still appear in sandbox games, where there are no missions. From my testing, this only happens with the first mission, as you can't access mission control to activate any other missions. This bug isn't anything more than a minor annoyance but it's presumably an equally minor fix.

Included Attachments:

image_2024-01-16_181956484.png.13f8a527c0ad17bbcc140beae70166d9.png

Edited by DibzNr