Extreme lag when flying specific ship, not-as-bad lag when flying other ships in the save

I'm currently trying to get a base to the surface of Vall in a science save, along with a rover sent separately at the same window, but every time I load up the base the game's FPS drops massively, down to slideshow levels. I tried loading the rover, and it's a bit better (mostly smooth but with frequent frame drops). Everything else seems to be working fine. Both craft in question have under 100 parts as they are now, and I launched a 250+ part SSTO earlier on a different save and it was nowhere near as laggy.

Is this a known issue? My friend said it might be a memory leak or something, or it could just be the fact that I'm on an older computer and it's acting up, but I don't know if that would affect one specific ship only.

EDIT: Tried messing around with patched conic limit and setting it to 2 fixed it for some reason? My guess is that it was trying to calculate a bunch of future orbits at once, but was stuttering because I had that flickering orbit line bug

Edited by Lyra
status update: fixed, maybe?