Half Size RSS in 2024?

I wanted to try RSS at half scale as base RSS, even with mods like SMURFF, but it was just too much for me. I was barely able to limp to orbit in the early game, and after that, I found myself hamstrung by a lack of funds and science. I still want a challenge, with the need for larger rockets, more fuel, and longer distances, but for it to be less grindy than the base-scale.

I know that Half Size RSS exists, but I was unable to get it to work on an up-to-date current version of KSP. I just wonder if there are up-to-date versions somewhere or if there is any other way to get the same result in a preferred stable state.

i was thinking that Sigma Dimensions might be a good alternative, but not sure how stable it is in long playthroughs.

Edit: I tried Sigma Dimensions, but it didn't work that well. I had problems with atmospheric cloud textures loading while still in orbit, and the scatterer atmospheres were too high. and lots of little issues on top of those.

Edited by dOnut14