SciFi Shipyards Redux 0.5 Alpha (W.I.P.)

I recently said I was going to update/remake

because I have already some of the parts updated for my personal use. I have obtained permission from TheShadow1138  to use his code from 

So thought I'd drop an update and some pictures.

Gallery here .

I have a fully functional USS Stargazer, USS Voyager, Borg Cube, Doomsday Machine, TARDIS, and Flying Saucer that all use impulse engines and warp drives from TrekDrive. There are still bugs and tweaks to be made before I can publicly release the Beta and it may take me some time because I am limited on time to test and fix. Just wanted to let you all know it's a WIP. If anyone wants to help PM me.

Posted (edited)

Small update I am restructuring all ships in this mod to be 100% modular using Module Manager. This will allow a high degree of customization and ease of update/expansion.

Example - The Voyager hull cfg

//Orginal Author was Starvision this is a update and remake. Engines and fx by TheShadow1138
PART
{
name = voy_saucer
module = Part
author = Shammyofwar

// --- asset parameters ---

MODEL
{
    model = ScifiShipyardsRedux/Parts/USS Voyager/voy_saucer/model
    texture = Dish , ScifiShipyardsRedux/Parts/USS Voyager/voy_saucer/Dish
    texture = emmisive , ScifiShipyardsRedux/Parts/USS Voyager/voy_saucer/emmisive
    texture = Everything , ScifiShipyardsRedux/Parts/USS Voyager/voy_saucer/Everything
    texture = shuttlebay , ScifiShipyardsRedux/Parts/USS Voyager/voy_saucer/shuttlebay
    scale = 36, 36, 36
}
MODEL
{
    model = ScifiShipyardsRedux/Parts/USS Voyager/voy_saucer/AlternateThrust
    scale = 36, 36, 36
}

scale=36
rescaleFactor=1

// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0, -2.33518, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 30
node_stack_top01 = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 30
node_stack_top02 = 0.0, -3.08451, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 6

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = experimentalScience
entryCost = 25000
cost = 100000
category = Pods
subcategory = 0
title = Voyager Hull
manufacturer =  Kerbal expeditionary group
description = The main section of Voyager. Creates plasma for the warp drive and also includes thrusters for VTOL activities. 

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 215
dragModelType = Default
maximum_drag = 0.001
minimum_drag = 0.0001
angularDrag = 0.0001
crashTolerance = 1200
breakingForce = 10000
breakingTorque = 10000
fuelCrossFeed = True
rigidAttachment = true    
maxTemp = 4000

// --- internal setup ---
CrewCapacity = 7
vesselType = Ship
INTERNAL
{
  name = Voyager
}

}

You'll notice there are no resources, engines, science etc. It's all Modular and being added by MM

Example - control

@PART[voy_saucer]

{
       MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 1         
    }
        MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSAS
        SASServiceLevel = 3
    }
       MODULE
       {
    name = ModuleReactionWheel
    PitchTorque = 500
    YawTorque = 500
    RollTorque = 500
    RESOURCE
     {
        name = ElectricCharge
        rate = 20
     }
        }

}

Opinions/feedback?

Edited by Shammyofwar
noticed error in posted cfg - shouldve posted cfg from GameData

The initial beta will have  13  ships in total

Original mod:

1. Voyager 
  2. Borg Cube
  3. Tardis
  4. Stargazer
  5. Doomsday Machine
  6. Flying Saucer

Ships imported from SkunkworksCommand 

1. Republic Attack Ship
  2. Excelsior
  3. KTagga Class Cruiser
  4. Klingon D32a Bird Of Prey
  5. Romulan Bird Of Prey
  6. ????  Suggestions Please 
  7. ????  Suggestions Please

Scifi Shipyards Redux Roadmap

Alpha 0.5 – This is where I am right now 6 ships from original mod

1. Voyager

2. Borg Cube

3. Tardis

4. Stargazer

5. Doomsday Machine

6. Sci Fi Saucer

All load correctly, are modular, have functional impulse, and warp engines from TrekDrive but not all fly well. I need to fine-tune performance and fix a few ongoing bugs then I will release 0.6 Beta.

Beta 0.6 – 6 original ships are functioning and flying properly with no known bugs. I will not be updating Enterprise or the Shuttle because you can get well-made versions of them in TrekDrive.

Beta 0.7 – Adding 7 ships from outdated Skunkworkscommand mods. This will be released when all 7 additional ships are functioning and flying properly with no known bugs

1. Republic Attack Ship

2. Excelsior

3. KTagga Class Cruiser

4. Klingon D32a Bird Of Prey

5. Romulan Bird Of Prey

6. ???? Suggestions Please

7. ???? Suggestions Please

Beta 0.8 - Integrate BD armory modules (BD armory will optional but necessary for them to function) such as Integrated radars, AI autopilot, and weapons control. I would also like to see a multiplayer server hosted for this mod at this release , but i have niether the funds nor the bandwidth to host it myself. I Will be looking for a volunteer for this at that time. I think it would be a ton of fun!

Beta 0.95– (may not happen) If I can get a coder and a modeler who wants to contribute I want to add a few of new interiors and make all ships FreeIVA compatible with ASET functionality. - I can not code or model anymore.

Release 1.0 All release all files will be localized, any known bugs corrected and i will write an in-depth on how to customize all ships via the modular system and post on GitHub a  library of modular plug-ins plug-in files to make customization super easy.

I am not going to assign any milestones to this mod as I did on Galactic Trading as this is something i am developing for me and am sharing it with the world. If you would like to contribute to the development of this mod please reach out to me. I hope you all enjoy it – I know I will!

Posted (edited)

Update - All 6 ships for 0.6 release look and fly well with Warp drives and Impulse drives.May still need future warp speed and or resource adjustments. Only have 1 known bug with warp stars effect that I am working to resolve then I'll release 0.6 Beta. 

More pictures

Edited by Shammyofwar

19 hours ago, Shammyofwar said:

Update - All 6 ships for 0.6 release look and fly well with Warp drives and Impulse drives.May still need future warp speed and or resource adjustments. Only have 1 known bug with warp stars effect that I am working to resolve then I'll release 0.6 Beta. 

More pictures

I am still trying to get this resolved but HUGE shout out and thank you to  TheShadow1138 who is also investigating this.

Posted (edited)

DEV Update on Modular ship system. Still writing the tutorial but I now have all the modules that will be available in 0.6 beta release and their explanations.

Every ship in Scifi Shipyards Redux is built with modules using Module Manager. This system allows you to modify your ships without ever touching a line of code simply by replacing a file in the ships module folder with a pre-written file. If you can move a picture from your desktop to your My Pictures folder you can create the starship of your dreams!

Spoiler

Explanation of available modules:
⦁    Electric charge modules simply change the electric charge (EC)  stored in the craft.
1.    10kw: provides 10,000 EC storage to your craft
2.    50kw: provides 50,000 EC storage to your craft
3.    100kw: provides 100,000 EC storage to your craft
⦁    Active radiator modules :
1.    10kw: provides 10,000 cooling to craft and consumes 20 EC per sec
2.     15kw: provides 15,000 cooling to craft and consumes 50  EC per sec  
⦁    Direct transmission antenna modules
1.    5mm: provides a range of 5 million meters at a cost of 5 EC per packet. 
2.    50mm: provides a range of 50 million meters at a cost of 50 EC per packet.
3.    2gm: provides a range of 2 gigameters at a cost of 100 EC per packet.
4.    20gm: provides a range of 20 gigameters at a cost of 500 EC per packet.
⦁    Relay antenna modules have your  ship act as a relay satellite in orbit while you land with one of TrekDrive's awsome shuttles:
1.    50mm: provides a range of 50 million meters at a cost of 50 EC per packet.
2.    2gm: provides a range of 2 gigameters at a cost of 100 EC per packet.
3.    20gm: provides a range of 20 gigameters at a cost of 300 EC per packet.

⦁    Crew capacity modules change your ship crew capacity- please note that none of these are installed on preconfigured ships because the interior IVA will NOT match the capacity if changed and not all kerbals will be visible unless you right-click "transfer crew
1.    20: overrides default and changes crew capacity of ship to 20 kerbals
2.    50:overides default and changes crew capacity of ship to 50 kerbals
3.    100:overides default and changes crew capacity of ship to 100 kerbals

Fuel cell module gives you an auxiliary power source:
1.    1kw: Provides 1000 EC  per second -uses Liquid Deuterium as fuel.
2.    10kw: Provides 10,000 EC  per second -uses Liquid Deuterium as fuel and is less efficient than the 1kw variant
3.    20kw: Provides 20,000 EC  per second -uses Liquid Deuterium as fuel and is less efficient than the 10kw variant

Testing Module: When installed you will see Kerbal Expeditionary Group contracts asking you to test ships in career Mode.   

Control Module: These provide SAS, reaction wheels, and command functions do NOT change or remove them if you do your ships won't be controllable.

Probe Core Module: Adds a probe core to your ship.

Science testing modules: Adds science testing and science data container to ship

1.    Basic: Adds Captain's log (crew report) , KerbNet Access, and a science data container
2.    All: As in the name adds all science tests except resource scanning and mag boom plus a science data container.

⦁    Light switch moduleDo not remove this or you will not be able to turn on and off the lights.

⦁    Spotlight module: Adds a spotlight to your craft.

⦁    Impulse engine module: 

1.    3-1.5 : The Slowest but most fuel-efficient and controllable engine typically used on a shuttle with 45 degrees of thrust vectoring.
2.    6-3:The standard star ship engine is less fuel efficient than the 3-1.5 with 15 degrees of thrust vectoring
3.    10-3:Insane speed but the least fuel-efficient engine with 10 degrees of thrust vectoring

⦁    Warp Coil Module: in conjunction with the warp core it determines your max warp speed
1.    2: the most efficient warp coil that can go up to warp 2.
2.    5:Less fuel efficient than 2 but allows you to go up to warp 5. 
3.    8.5:the least fuel efficient but allows you to travel up to warp 8.5

Edited by Shammyofwar
corrected spelling error