triangle orbit editing

Overheal

Alright I've still gotten no response about this, could someone help me, I don't care if it's manual JSON editing or a mod etc. but how do I get to editing/fixing my triangle orbits, because either through reloading bugs or floating point error and bad precision with the KSP2 maneuvers system, my triangle orbits dont stay in place/triangle. I just need help knowing what to edit what values to put etc. so I can just go and manually correct these orbits in my save file to be at the same altitude, circular, and 120 degrees apart from one another thanks in advance. 

Orbits are still buggy and will shift over time - Any fix applied will be temporary until the devs fix all the causes. Every time they strike down one variant of orbital decay, another two seem to pop up. If its important that these stay in those exact positions forever, then your gonna be having a bad time.

Thank you

I used the Cheat menu and before I could even figure out if the Longitude of Ascending Node fix would work I noticed the teleport doesn't even really uhm, work great. 

eg. if I teleport to 700km/700km, apoapsis/periapsis, I instead get teleported to something like 700,001/699,995. 

What in the world? 

On 4/21/2024 at 8:51 PM, Overheal said:

Thank you

I used the Cheat menu and before I could even figure out if the Longitude of Ascending Node fix would work I noticed the teleport doesn't even really uhm, work great. 

eg. if I teleport to 700km/700km, apoapsis/periapsis, I instead get teleported to something like 700,001/699,995. 

What in the world? 

That might just be a workaround to ensure that apoapsis/periapsis locations are always determinate

On 4/20/2024 at 12:20 AM, Overheal said:

Alright I've still gotten no response about this, could someone help me, I don't care if it's manual JSON editing or a mod etc. but how do I get to editing/fixing my triangle orbits, because either through reloading bugs or floating point error and bad precision with the KSP2 maneuvers system, my triangle orbits dont stay in place/triangle. I just need help knowing what to edit what values to put etc. so I can just go and manually correct these orbits in my save file to be at the same altitude, circular, and 120 degrees apart from one another thanks in advance. 

Hi! The triangle orbits can be tricky to maintain due to floating point errors and maneuver node precision. Unfortunately, editing save files directly is not recommended as it can lead to game instability. Instead, I'd suggest using a mod like Precise Node or Precise Maneuver to get more precise control over your orbit adjustments. Alternatively, you could try performing small correction burns regularly to keep the orbits aligned. It's tedious, but sometimes the only way to maintain those perfect triangle orbits.

On 4/29/2024 at 2:21 AM, leos101 said:

Hi! The triangle orbits can be tricky to maintain due to floating point errors and maneuver node precision. Unfortunately, editing save files directly is not recommended as it can lead to game instability. Instead, I'd suggest using a mod like Precise Node or Precise Maneuver to get more precise control over your orbit adjustments. Alternatively, you could try performing small correction burns regularly to keep the orbits aligned. It's tedious, but sometimes the only way to maintain those perfect triangle orbits.

Well, not just tedious but relatively infeasible for a commnet system, dozens and dozens (hundred+?) of relays around the system, and when you launch and play a single mission anywhere significant like Jool etc. you could be timewarping for years, decades... it would take a month or two to play the mission out if you had to pause every step of the way to correct commnet orbits. There needs to be a better way for commnet reasons to lightweight these many orbits to be perfectly stable/circular/triangularly synced (probably also a strain on system/CPU/RAM resources, handling those orbits every tick, I notice game performance degrades the more satellites I have in the whole kerbol system) thanks for the replies though. 

Edited by Overheal