Unnamed (Mostly BDB right now) career save

Right now this one has "acceptable" performance and no game-breaking incompatibilities, so this will probably be the only one I play for the foreseeable future. Timeline so far

<placeholder for earlier launches I didn't document>

some basic world info:
Dates are marked dd Month YYYY or dd-mm-yy and times are hh:mm:ss, basic stuff. 'formal' dates use the After Kod calendar with 6 months of 61 days (except the second month Kraken with only 60 days). Quick calendar for 1971 (aka Year 1 on the ingame calendar, i picked it bc computer tech on starting KSP does seem to be a bit more advanced than 1950s Earth)

1yiBtt5.png

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Evyad, 29 Erbol 1971, all times UTC

attempted launch of Space Geographer 1 (CAI name: SPY GLASS Mark 1 Flight Alpha, just a straight-up irl KH-1 Corona because I lack imagination). Launch "scrubbed due to loss of pressure in combustion chamber resulting in flameout", according to the Central Agency for Intelligence.  Rolled back to VAB, investigation pending.

09:56 -  SPY GLASS 1 rolled out to pad. Resuming countdown.

11:27:35 - RL79 ignition
11:27:44 - Contained failure of turbopump, small explosion on flameout. Rolling back for replacement and inspection of engine section.

7upazoS.png

Publicly released imagery of the vehicle on the pad, from a WDR some days ago

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
added an image, edited in post because i couldn't be bothered to spend a lot of time tweaking TUFX for this one shot

Posted (edited)

Munyad, 32 Erbol 1971 - Completed full duration static fire of Belle-A to confirm readiness for future missions. Estimated reliability now 84%.

uQEODfu.png

Minmyad, 33 Erbol 1971 - Approved driving trip for Astronaut Group 1 graduates, also vibration testing some space equipment at the same time (Jeb Kerman is a god-awful driver). Felix the cat allowed onboard for his first time outdoors in weeks since he went to near-space. Came out surprisingly calm.
CHd3L0z.png
(non-diegetic image)

Edited by OrdinaryKerman