KSP2 is NOT bad, and it should not be canceled.

4 hours ago, herbal space program said:

and there's also the peril that colonies/interstellar will fall flat because it will turn off a lot of the fanbase by abandoning the core hook of KSP (building and flying spacecraft) in favor of a more Factorio-like model of resource extraction and automation.

But also potentially enable them to expand to a much wider market due to the growing popularity of this genre. I see this aspect as one of the ways they were aiming to enable KSP2 to branch out to a wider consumer base to profit off the IP. There is potentially an overlap in the types of players who would play these two genres, although it isn't clear to me how many of the existing market is already accounted for in the KSP community in this regard.

4 hours ago, herbal space program said:

there's also the peril that colonies/interstellar will fall flat because it will turn off a lot of the fanbase by abandoning the core hook of KSP (building and flying spacecraft) in favor of a more Factorio-like model of resource extraction and automation.

Perhaps, but KSP2 as it stands is not as good as KSP1 or Juno.  Colonies gives it something new and different, a unique appeal that would de-emphasize its limitations as a rocket sim.

41 minutes ago, steveman0 said:

But also potentially enable them to expand to a much wider market due to the growing popularity of this genre. I see this aspect as one of the ways they were aiming to enable KSP2 to branch out to a wider consumer base to profit off the IP. There is potentially an overlap in the types of players who would play these two genres, although it isn't clear to me how many of the existing market is already accounted for in the KSP community in this regard.

25 minutes ago, Skorj said:

Perhaps, but KSP2 as it stands is not as good as KSP1 or Juno.  Colonies gives it something new and different, a unique appeal that would de-emphasize its limitations as a rocket sim.

A totally fair point in both instances, and indeed perhaps just what the KSP franchise might need to give it new life. I'm actually having a ball playing Factorio right now, so I don't object to introducing such elements in principle. Still I think if poorly implemented it could alienate the player base even more.

All this discussion about a dead game. Just move on. Forget it ever existed. Taco Bell got your order wrong, but you are already home. Just eat the garbage food you were given and deal with it. Go to bed. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, calabus2 said:

All this discussion about a dead game.

Yep. Just ignore everything that happend. If IG launches their next EA game just throw money at them. Because "Taco Bell got your order wrong". Who cares. Just give them the money!

Edited by never_do

This boils down to, like TLTay said, they can make more sales in the future to justify a 70 ppl team, and the reality is that the game is in the #900+ place of most played games on steam just below other classics such as football manager 2017.... it´s a disaster train wreck tornado godzilla

the saving grace would be colonies? well you need a non buggy, high performance game (increased parts) to do colonies, and you do not have that today.... and if you couldn´t make a stable game with 70 ppl you willl certainly have trouble doing it with 3-4 ppl as i fear they´ll keep from june forward.....  just to push minor patches and do maintenance

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, never_do said:

Yep. Just ignore everything that happend. If IG launches their next EA game just throw money at them. Because "Taco Bell got your order wrong". Who cares. Just give them the money!

Maybe you missed the memo, but IG doesn't exist anymore. Take2 saw the sales numbers, the millions they dumped into a studio that produced garbage at  launch and said "nah....we're out".  Is Take2 willing to try again with a dev team up to the task? Who knows. Just like everything with Take2 and IG the communication has been complete $hit. If they had solid plans in place to make that happen it would have been announced already. 

This is why you don't buy into EA titles with as many red flags we saw prior to launch. 

Edited by calabus2