Is there a mod that is more like... the opposite of Kerbal Construction Time?

I like the idea of not being able to just continuously fire rockets into space, but I also prefer being able to freewheel and experiment with the rockets. So  Kerbal Cosntruction Time, which forces long lead times before you can actually launch a specific rocket and encourages a lot of pre-launch simulation, doesn't really add to my fun. I am also not aware of any other mods that play around with rocket launch cadence.

Is there something similar to KCT, but rather than queuing up a specific ship, is more like... available parts? Ie, every day you get say 3 more parts added to your buffer, up to some cap. More with upgraded VAB. Then when you want to launch a rocket, it won't let you do it unless you have enough parts that go into the rocket in your buffer. If you do, it subtracts the number of parts in your buffer and lets you launch.

So you still have to wait between launches, but what you actually launch is flexible, and allows for just reverting back to the VAB to tweak and try again.

Even if not, is there something a like a flat "you have to wait a day/week/whatever" between launches, but after that window you can launch whatever?

KCT has different 'profiles' that you can select.

One that I submitted/ designed was for your build time was only based on the number of parts on your craft.  Faster build times with upgraded VAB

• 1 month later...

Hmm, would that make it so if you had a rocket with 20 parts, tried to launch it, didn't like it and reverted to the assembly building, you could swap parts in and out and would be able to launch again immediately if it was still 20 parts?

2 hours ago, Legendary Teeth said:

Hmm, would that make it so if you had a rocket with 20 parts, tried to launch it, didn't like it and reverted to the assembly building, you could swap parts in and out and would be able to launch again immediately if it was still 20 parts?

Kind of.

I think the profile is called AC something. 

You build a rocket with say 20 parts, build it, launch with KCT, then either revert back to launch, or land the whole rocket, recover to VAB, the use KCT to edit the rocket and you can swap parts out.  Save edits and you don't have another wait.