[1.12.x] Recolour Collection

OaX0ngZ.png

A collection of Textures Unlimited Recolors for several mods, in the same vein as Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot

Recolours:

Extra Docking Ports Recolour

Spoiler

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f

Needs: Extra Docking Ports

Missing History Recolour

Spoiler

Needs: Missing History

Near Future Aeronautics Recolour

Spoiler

Needs: Near Future Aeronautics

Near Future Propulsion Recolour

Spoiler

CHk7LXK.png

Needs: Near Future Propulsion

Near Future Spacecraft Recolour

Spoiler

Needs: Near Future Spacecraft

Dependencies:

- Textures Unlimited

- Module Manager

(both also available on CKAN)

- Whatever mod is being recoloured (links to those are in the recolors section but you can also get them on CKAN)

Recommended mods:

- Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot  -  More recolours  (if you get this you have to specifically install the version of textures unlimited that it comes with)

- The Felota Project - More recolours

- Lazy painter  -  Makes recoloring way easier

Installation:

A: get the recolours on CKAN.

or B:

- Download and unzip whichever recolour you want to install.

- The downloaded folder will be called "TU_something-main" or "TU_something-x.y", you don't want to put this folder in game data, you want to go into that folder and find the one called "TU_something", it should be alongside the files "License.txt" and "README.md", you want to put the folder called "TU_something" directly into your GameData folder, for example:

PlGHNok.png

- When you launch the game, make sure Reflection Refresh Mode (one of the graphics settings) is not off.

Licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode.txt

List of every mod that has a recolour + where to get them (that i know of):

Spoiler

AeroRadial - The Felota Project OP

Airplane plus - TURD OP

AOA technologies - The Felota Project OP

Aviator arsenal - Post by PyjackMeat

BD armory - TURD OP

Bon voyage - The Felota Project OP

Breaking ground - TURD OP

B9 procedural wings - TURD OP

Coriolis space systems - The Felota Project OP

EVA Handrails continued - The Felota Project OP

Inline ballutes - Post by jthero7

Joolian discovery - The Felota Project OP

Kerbal engineer redux - The Felota Project OP

Kerbonov kn-2 - Post by PyjackMeat

Making history - TURD OP

MK2 expansion - TURD OP

MK3 expansion - TURD OP

MKIV spaceplane systems - TURD OP

Open cockpits - Post by PyjackMeat

OPT spaceplane - TURD OP

Procedural dynamics procedural wings - TURD OP

Real chutes - TURD OP

Sea dragon - The Felota Project OP

Stock - TURD OP

Structural tubing - Post by xDNSx

TAC life support - TURD OP

TAC Radial science container - The Felota Project OP

Wrapper drop-tanks - The Felota Project OP

Edited by ZZetho
added better example image

Posted (edited)

Fixed

Ok so it looks like github adds the branch name onto the end of folders you download?

This breaks the file paths so until i figure out how to fix this you have to remove the -main bit from the end of the TU_modname folders to get them to work.

Edited by ZZetho
fixed

Thanks for compiling this! I've added them one by one from the main thread but am glad this now exists for those of us following your development.

Speaking of, what other mods are you wanting to create profiles for? Will you complete the NF suite?

2 minutes ago, RileyHef said:

Speaking of, what other mods are you wanting to create profiles for? Will you complete the NF suite?

I am working on NF propulsion right now and will probably do NF launch vehicles next, i'm not sure about the other NF mods as a lot of them are mostly bare-metal and i dont feel as though painting is as necessary there.

I'd really like to to tantares as it is easily my most used parts mod but it also has a LOT of parts so that might take some time.

2 hours ago, ZZetho said:

I am working on NF propulsion right now and will probably do NF launch vehicles next

Yes to launch vehicles, please! Recoloured NF cargo bay parts are exactly what I am hoping to have someday, so I'll definitely look forward to it.

You are the reason I finally got TURD after some 400+ hours of my modded career saves, so thank you for your hard work. 

10 hours ago, ZZetho said:

Ok so it looks like github adds the branch name onto the end of folders you download?

This breaks the file paths so until i figure out how to fix this you have to remove the -main bit from the end of the TU_modname folders to get them to work.

This should be fixed now.

On 7/20/2024 at 2:19 AM, ZZetho said:

I am working on NF propulsion right now and will probably do NF launch vehicles next, i'm not sure about the other NF mods as a lot of them are mostly bare-metal and i dont feel as though painting is as necessary there.

I'd really like to to tantares as it is easily my most used parts mod but it also has a LOT of parts so that might take some time.

There is a recolour mod for Tantares although not a TU-based one so I can see why you'd want to do this one. NF Launch vehicles is definitely the one I'm waiting for the most. And if you don't do the NF Electrical and other NF things I think a simple metallic shader as an option would be plenty enough, which even I can write and share... Which brings me to the other thing. I would love to do some recolors for TU as well and I'm no stranger to MM but I'm absolutely lost on what to do with the textures. Would you be so kind as to explain very summarily what I need to do to get from a texture to the mask/specular combo that TU needs and what software do you use for that?

Posted (edited)

Textures Unlimited Recolouring Tutorial pt1 (minimum viable product).

I threw this together in like an hour so there's definitely stuff i forgot about, please tell me if you have problems.

More info can be found on the Textures Unlimited Wiki.

I use paint.net and notepad++ but any text editor and image editor should work fine.

You need to have both Module Manager and Textures Unlimited installed to do this.

You also should install the mod Part info in PAW to get part names more easily

This wont work for parts that have texture variants (though it can be done), if variants don't change the texture it should be fine.

First of all go into GameData/000_TexturesUnlimited/GeneralConfiguration and set exportUVs to true, once you have launched the game at least once this will create a folder "expotedUVMaps" in your ksp install folder (one level up from gamedata) which contains the info for every texture that every part uses as well as any other properties that the part has (eg: shininess).

Next create a folder in gamedata, this will be where all of the recolour stuff will go, inside your recolour folder make three .cfg files (make a .txt file then rename it to .cfg) one is for texture sets one is for the default (un-recoloured) textures of parts and one is for recolouring the parts so name them accordingly.

Also create some folders in here, these will hold the recolour textures and default textures for if parts don't have them. Just copy the folder named "Default" from any of my recolours to get the default textures.

File tree should look something like this:

os0sM55.png

Copy the following into the texture sets file:

Spoiler

// texture sets that are copied to create the default and recolour texture sets //

KSP_TEXTURE_SET:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited&NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
    name = NFLV_Default
    title = Squad
    recolorable = false

MATERIAL
    {
        mode = create

shader = KSP/Emissive/Bumped Specular
    }
}

// create red green and blue if they dont exist already //

KSP_COLOR_PRESET:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited]
{
    name = absolute_red
    title = Absolute Red
    color = 255,0,0
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}
{
    name = absolute_green
    title = Absolute Green
    color = 0,255,0
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}
{
    name = absolute_blue
    title = Absolute Blue
    color = 0,0,255
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}

{
    name = NFLV_Paint
    title = Bob Ross Paints
    recolorable = true

MATERIAL
    {
        mode = create

shader = TU/Metallic

keyword = TU_RECOLOR
    }
    COLORS
    {
        mainColor = absolute_red
        secondColor = absolute_green
        detailColor = absolute_blue
    }
}

Change "NearFutureLaunchVehicles " to the name of whatever mod you are recolouring (the name of its folder inside gamedata).

For each of the texture sets change name to something unique.

xcmHBrf.png

Copy the following into your default file:

Spoiler

// default texture template //
@PART[partName]:FOR[000_TU_NFLV_000]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited&NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = KSPTextureSwitch
        sectionName = Appearance
        currentTextureSet = NFLV_Default
        textureSet = NFLV_Default
    }
}
+KSP_TEXTURE_SET[NFLV_Default]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited&NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
    @name = NFLV_Default
    @MATERIAL
    {        
        texture = _MainTex,
        texture = _BumpMap,
        texture = _Emissive,

PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Shininess
            float = 0.4
        }
    }
}

First of all change "NearFutureLaunchVehicles" to the name of the mod you are recolouring. Change 000_TU_NFLV_000 to 000_TU_somethingThatIdentifiesWhatModIsBeingRecooloured_000. Change currentTextureSet, textureSet and @name from NFLV_Defalt to something else. Change the NFLV_Default in +KSP_TEXTURE_SET[NFLV_Default] to whatever you called the first texture set in the texture sets file (NFLV_Default in the previous pic). Change the partName in @PART[partName] to the internal name of whatever part you are recolouring, assuming you have Part info in PAW you can click on "Copy Part Name" in the right click window of a part.

To fill in the rest of the missing bits you'll need to open that exportedUVMaps folder from earlier and navigate to whatever part you want to recolour and open its ModelData.txt file. In here you will find the mesh(s) that the part is made of and the path to the textures they use, copy these texture paths into the default texture sets file, each part needs a _MainTex and a _BumpMap, _Emissive is optional, remove it if the part doesnt have one. If the part has no bump map use the one found in that Default folder you copied earlier.

ModelData also shows what properties are applied to meshes, if there are any, copy the properties name and value into the property node. if there are multiple properties copy the node (from PROPERTY { to } ) and put them one after another (though i've never encountered part with anything other than shininess).

rBCK2da.png

Some parts have multiple meshes, this is fine unless they use different textures, if they do come back later for when i make a part two of this tutorial or try a different part. you can ignore any meshes called flagTransform though.

Once you've done this once for a part from a mod you can copy it and only change the parts that are different between parts, the partName, the currentTextureSet textureSet and @name should be unique per part and the textures will of course be different.

If multiple parts use the same textures you can do multiple parts at the same time, put their internal names one after another in the partName box with commas separating them.

Great job! if you did everything right when you launch the game the part should look absolutely indistinguishable from what it did previously (it should also have a selection box with no other options than "Appearance" in its right click menu). If it didn't work check the common issues section at the bottom of this post.

Now we need to recolour it.

Copy the following into your recolour file:

Spoiler

// recolour template //
@PART[partName]:FOR[999_TU_NFLV_Recolour_000]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited&NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
    @MODULE[KSPTextureSwitch],0
    {
        textureSet = NFLV_Paint
    }
    %MODULE[SSTURecolorGUI]
    {
        %name = SSTURecolorGUI
    }
}
+KSP_TEXTURE_SET[NFLV_Paint]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited&NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
    @name = NFLV_Paint
    @MATERIAL
    {
        vector = _DiffuseNorm,0.75,0.75,0.75
        vector = _MetalNorm,0.55,0.55,0.55
        vector = _SmoothnessNorm,0.55,0.55,0.55

texture = _MainTex,
        texture = _BumpMap,
        texture = _Emissive,
        texture = _MetallicGlossMap,
        texture = _MaskTex,
    }
}

Change partName, the NFLV bit of 999_TU_NFLV_Recolour_000, NearFutureLaunchVehicles (name of the mod being recoloured) and the textures _MainTex, _BumpMap and _Emissive to the same as whatever they were in the previous default file. Change textureSet and @name in the same way as last time but use a different unique name. Change NFLV_Paint to whatever you called the paint texture set in your texture sets file. Some parts use the transparency of _MainTex as a gloss map, if the main texture is partially transparent this is likely the case and it can be used as _MetallicGlossMap, if it isn't then you will have to make your own.

RIyqNcU.png

Now is the point where we actually get to do some recolouring. I will be using paint.net for this part.

Open the original texture and recolour it, it should be split into four areas, a purely red, purely green, and purely blue section that do not overlap, anti aliasing should be off so there are no semi-red semi-green ect pixels. Any part of the image that isn't being recoloured should be pitch black, these parts will retain their original textures on the final part.

If you need to make a _MetallicGlossMap it doesn't matter what colours you use, the glossiness is based on how transparent the texture is (more transparent = less glossy).

!! important!!  save the recolour as a .png, when you do this is needs to be flipped vertically compared to the original texture.

Once these textures are done save them somewhere in your recolour folder and set _MaskTex to the path to the recolour texture from GameData. eg: "texture = _MaskTex,TU_NearFutureSpacecraft/Textures/EnginePods/engine-pod-01_paintTU_NearFutureSpacecraft/Textures/EnginePods/engine-pod-01_paint" don't include the file extension (.dds). If you copy the path from the top bar of file explorer you'll have to change the \'s to /'s.

Back in the recolour file we now change the vectors, these are essentially the average value of a property in the red green and blue areas of the recolour texture. the only one to worry about for now is the _DIffuseNorm vector, this is the average brightness of each of the areas.

u0fipv7.png

0.75 is a pretty good value for stock white areas but you'll want to change it if the red, green or blue areas are particularly dark or bright. The exact value doesn't really matter, it its really far off the recoloured areas will appear to dark or bright compared to other parts.

There is a proper way to calculate these that can be found on the Textures Unlimited Wiki if you want.

Assuming you did everything right (and i wrote this tutorial correctly) when you launch the game the parts you want recoloured should now have that option.

Common issues (that i had):

- Parts appear solid grey / Recolours are solid red / Parts have weird shadows.

This is because the _MainTex / _MaskTex / _BumpMap did not work, check the file path specified in the default / recolour file is correct, that the textures are being applied to the correct part.

- Parts are mirror-shiny.

_MetallicGlossMap is completely opaque, check it is the right format (BC3 sRGB DX 10+) / file path is correct (same as above).

- Some bits of parts have the wrong texture applied to them.

This is either because that part is made of multiple meshes with different textures, i will explain how to solve this sometime in the future  or because the recolour texture has not been flipped.

Edited by ZZetho
png

14 hours ago, lBoBl said:

There is a recolour mod for Tantares although not a TU-based one so I can see why you'd want to do this one. NF Launch vehicles is definitely the one I'm waiting for the most. And if you don't do the NF Electrical and other NF things I think a simple metallic shader as an option would be plenty enough, which even I can write and share... Which brings me to the other thing. I would love to do some recolors for TU as well and I'm no stranger to MM but I'm absolutely lost on what to do with the textures. Would you be so kind as to explain very summarily what I need to do to get from a texture to the mask/specular combo that TU needs and what software do you use for that?

OOO Tantares would be awesome as well. 

11 hours ago, ZZetho said:

I threw this together in like an hour so there's definitely stuff i forgot about, please tell me if you have problems.

I use paint.net and notepad++, any text editor should work fine but the only image editors i know of that support .dds files are paint.net, Gimp and photoshop.

You need to have both Module Manager and Textures Unlimited installed to do this.

This wont work for parts that have texture variants (though it can be done), if variants don't change the texture it should be fine.

First of all go into GameData/000_TexturesUnlimited/GeneralConfiguration and set exportUVs to true, once you have launched the game at least once this will create a folder "expotedUVMaps" in your ksp install folder (one level up from gamedata) which contains the info for every texture that every part uses as well as any other properties that the part has (eg: shininess).

Next create a folder in gamedata, this will be where all of the recolour stuff will go, inside your recolour folder make three .cfg files (make a .txt file then rename it to .cfg) one is for texture sets one is for the default (un-recoloured) textures of parts and one is for recolouring the parts so name them accordingly.

Also create some folders in here, these will hold the recolour textures and default textures for if parts don't have them. Just copy the folder named "Default" from any of my recolours to get the default textures.

os0sM55.png

Reveal hidden contents

// texture sets that are copied to create the default and recolour texture sets //

{
    name = NFLV_Default
    title = Squad
    recolorable = false

MATERIAL
    {
        mode = create

}
}

{
    name = absolute_red
    title = Absolute Red
    color = 255,0,0
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}
{
    name = absolute_green
    title = Absolute Green
    color = 0,255,0
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}
{
    name = absolute_blue
    title = Absolute Blue
    color = 0,0,255
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}

{
    name = NFLV_Paint
    title = Bob Ross Paints
    recolorable = true

MATERIAL
    {
        mode = create

shader = TU/Metallic

keyword = TU_RECOLOR
    }
    COLORS
    {
        mainColor = absolute_red
    }
}

Change "NearFutureLaunchVehicles " to the name of whatever mod you are recolouring (the name of its folder inside gamedata).

xcmHBrf.png

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[partName]:FOR[000_TU_NFLV_000]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited&NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = KSPTextureSwitch
        sectionName = Appearance
    }
}
+KSP_TEXTURE_SET[NFLV_Default]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited&NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
    @name = NFLV_Default
    @MATERIAL
    {        
        texture = _MainTex,
        texture = _BumpMap,
        texture = _Emissive,

PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Shininess
            float = 0.4
        }
    }
}

First of all change "NearFutureLaunchVehicles" to the name of the mod you are recolouring. Change 000_TU_NFLV_000 to 000_TU_somethingThatIdentifiesWhatModIsBeingRecooloured_000. Change currentTextureSet, textureSet and @name from NFLV_Defalt to something else. Change the NFLV_Default in +KSP_TEXTURE_SET[NFLV_Default] to whatever you called the first texture set in the texture sets file (NFLV_Default in the previous pic). Change the partName in @PART[partName] to the internal name of whatever part you are recolouring, assuming you have Part info in PAW you can click on "Copy Part Name" in the right click window of a part.

To fill in the rest of the missing bits you'll need to open that exportedUVMaps folder from earlier and navigate to whatever part you want to recolour and open its ModelData.txt file. In here you will find the mesh(s) that the part is made of and the path to the textures they use, copy these texture paths into the default texture sets file, each part needs a _MainTex and a _BumpMap, _Emissive is optional, remove it if the part doesnt have one. If the part has no bump map use the one found in that Default folder you copied earlier.

ModelData also shows what properties are applied to meshes, if there are any, copy the properties name and value into the property node. if there are multiple properties copy the node (from PROPERTY { to } ) and put them one after another (though i've never encountered part with anything other than shininess).

rBCK2da.png

Some parts have multiple meshes, this is fine unless they use different textures, if they do come back later for when i make a part two of this tutorial or try a different part. you can ignore any meshes called flagTransform though.

Once you've done this once for a part from a mod you can copy it and only change the parts that are different between parts, the partName, the currentTextureSet textureSet and @name should be unique per part and the textures will of course be different.

If multiple parts use the same textures you can do multiple parts at the same time, put their internal names one after another in the partName box with commas separating them.

Great job! if you did everything right when you launch the game the part should look absolutely indistinguishable from what it did previously (it should also have a selection box with no other options than "Appearance" in its right click menu). If it didn't work check the common issues section at the bottom of this post.

Reveal hidden contents

// recolour template //
@PART[partName]:FOR[999_TU_NFLV_Recolour_000]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited&NearFutureLaunchVehicles]
{
    {
        textureSet = NFLV_Paint
    }
    %MODULE[SSTURecolorGUI]
    {
        %name = SSTURecolorGUI
    }
}
{
    @name = NFLV_Paint
    @MATERIAL
    {

texture = _MainTex,
        texture = _BumpMap,
        texture = _Emissive,
        texture = _MaskTex,
    }
}

Change partName, the NFLV bit of 999_TU_NFLV_Recolour_000, NearFutureLaunchVehicles (name of the mod being recoloured) and the textures _MainTex, _BumpMap and _Emissive to the same as whatever they were in the previous default file. Change textureSet and @name in the same way as last time but use a different unique name. Change NFLV_Paint to whatever you called the paint texture set in your texture sets file. Some parts use the transparency of _MainTex as a gloss map, if the main texture is partially transparent this is likely the case and it can be used as _MetallicGlossMap, if it isn't then you will have to make your own.

RIyqNcU.png

Now is the point where we actually get to do some recolouring. I will be using paint.net for this part.

Open the original texture and recolour it, it should be split into four areas, a purely red, purely green, and purely blue section that do not overlap, anti aliasing should be off so there are no semi-red semi-green ect pixels. Any part of the image that isn't being recoloured should be pitch black, these parts will retain their original textures on the final part.

If you need to make a _MetallicGlossMap it doesn't matter what colours you use, the glossiness is based on how transparent the texture is (more transparent = less glossy).

!! Critical !!  When you save the image (as a .dds) you need to select the format as being "BC3 (sRGB, DX 10+)" or "BC7 (Linear, DX 11+)" otherwise it will not work. There are almost certainly other formats that also work (i haven't and am not going to try them all because these two are enough). BC3 does not work with blender if you want to open parts to check your recolours before launching the game, BC7 does work in blender but does not support transparency (so no gloss maps).

Once these textures are done save them somewhere in your recolour folder and set _MaskTex to the path to the recolour texture from GameData. eg: "texture = _MaskTex,TU_NearFutureSpacecraft/Textures/EnginePods/engine-pod-01_paintTU_NearFutureSpacecraft/Textures/EnginePods/engine-pod-01_paint" don't include the file extension (.dds). If you copy the path from the top bar of file explorer you'll have to change the \'s to /'s.

Back in the recolour file we now change the vectors, these are essentially the average value of a property in the red green and blue areas of the recolour texture. the only one to worry about for now is the _DIffuseNorm vector, this is the average brightness of each of the areas.

u0fipv7.png

0.75 is a pretty good value for stock white areas but you'll want to change it if the red, green or blue areas are particularly dark or bright. The exact value doesn't really matter, it its really far off the recoloured areas will appear to dark or bright compared to other parts.

There is a proper way to calculate these that can be found on the Textures Unlimited Wiki if you want.

Assuming you did everything right (and i wrote this tutorial correctly) when you launch the game the parts you want recoloured should now have that option.

This is because the _MainTex / _MaskTex / _BumpMap did not work, check the file path specified in the default / recolour file is correct, that the textures are being applied to the correct part and the textures are saved in the right format.

_MetallicGlossMap is completely opaque, check it is the right format (BC3 sRGB DX 10+) / file path is correct (same as above).

This is because that part is made of multiple meshes with different textures, i will explain how to solve this sometime in the future .

Just a thought but are you using visual script to search across multiple even hundreds of config and text files at once to bulk change and skip the receptive task? You could also use a Regex code line to have your bulk code added in the same spot across all the configs at once.

9 hours ago, SheepDog2142 said:

Just a thought but are you using visual script to search across multiple even hundreds of config and text files at once to bulk change and skip the receptive task? You could also use a Regex code line to have your bulk code added in the same spot across all the configs at once.

No but i would like to make something to do this

1 hour ago, ZZetho said:

No but i would like to make something to do this

PM me and we can work on getting a regex script together for you. Maybe take some of the manual labor off your plate and automate it a bit.

On 7/25/2024 at 11:36 PM, ZZetho said:

I use paint.net and notepad++, any text editor should work fine but the only image editors i know of that support .dds files are paint.net, Gimp and photoshop.

os0sM55.png

Reveal hidden contents

{
    name = NFLV_Default
    title = Squad
    recolorable = false

MATERIAL
    {
        mode = create

}
}

{
    name = absolute_red
    title = Absolute Red
    color = 255,0,0
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}
{
    name = absolute_green
    title = Absolute Green
    color = 0,255,0
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}
{
    name = absolute_blue
    title = Absolute Blue
    color = 0,0,255
    specular = 0
    metallic = 0
}

{
    name = NFLV_Paint
    title = Bob Ross Paints
    recolorable = true

MATERIAL
    {
        mode = create

shader = TU/Metallic

keyword = TU_RECOLOR
    }
    COLORS
    {
        mainColor = absolute_red
    }
}

xcmHBrf.png

Reveal hidden contents

{
    MODULE
    {
        name = KSPTextureSwitch
        sectionName = Appearance
    }
}
{
    @name = NFLV_Default
    @MATERIAL
    {        
        texture = _MainTex,
        texture = _BumpMap,
        texture = _Emissive,

PROPERTY
        {
            name = _Shininess
            float = 0.4
        }
    }
}

rBCK2da.png

Reveal hidden contents

// recolour template //
{
    {
        textureSet = NFLV_Paint
    }
    %MODULE[SSTURecolorGUI]
    {
        %name = SSTURecolorGUI
    }
}
{
    @name = NFLV_Paint
    @MATERIAL
    {

texture = _MainTex,
        texture = _BumpMap,
        texture = _Emissive,
        texture = _MaskTex,
    }
}

RIyqNcU.png

!! Critical !!  When you save the image (as a .dds) you need to select the format as being "BC3 (sRGB, DX 10+)" or "BC7 (Linear, DX 11+)" otherwise it will not work. There are almost certainly other formats that also work (i haven't and am not going to try them all because these two are enough). BC3 does not work with blender if you want to open parts to check your recolours before launching the game, BC7 does work in blender but does not support transparency (so no gloss maps).

u0fipv7.png

This is because the _MainTex / _MaskTex / _BumpMap did not work, check the file path specified in the default / recolour file is correct, that the textures are being applied to the correct part and the textures are saved in the right format.

This is because that part is made of multiple meshes with different textures, i will explain how to solve this sometime in the future .

I'd love to see an example of how to get this to work for parts with texture variants if you are not already planning to do so! This tutorial mixed with the TU documentation is so helpful, thanks so much for making it

On 7/27/2024 at 3:32 PM, MehNamesKing said:

I'd love to see an example of how to get this to work for parts with texture variants if you are not already planning to do so! This tutorial mixed with the TU documentation is so helpful, thanks so much for making it

To me the easiest way to figure it out was to look at existing configs and see how it's done. It's not that hard to understand especially if you're familiar with patches and how MM works.
Also quick question, where does the SSTURecolourGUI come from, is it included with TU or do you need something like TURD or SSTU?

Edited by lBoBl

6 hours ago, lBoBl said:

To me the easiest way to figure it out was to look at existing configs and see how it's done. It's not that hard to understand especially if you're familiar with patches and how MM works.
Also quick question, where does the SSTURecolourGUI come from, is it included with TU or do you need something like TURD or SSTU?

You know.. Looking at other configs probably should have been the first thing to check tbh. Thanks for the idea!

Not sure if the SSTURecolourGUI question is aimed at me, but I figured I'd throw my two cents in. Considering that TURD (to my limited knowledge anyway) doesn't add much beyond recolor masks, texture sets, and preset colors, I'd assume it's a built in feature of TU. I've never really seen any other mod make use of the gui though or even TU making use of the gui now that I think of it..

Hey @ZZetho I have this weird issue that makes the materials on the 2.5m sized aerospace tank not work for some reason it's all red and shinier than usual i reinstalled it a second time to see if I modified something but I had the same issue and only this specific tank and other sizes have the issue.

RQ2UA4A.jpg

1 hour ago, ZZetho said:

@TheThunder what other mods do you have installed?

It's gonna be a long list T-T:

Spoiler

Astrogator (Astrogator v1.0.2)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.7.1)
BetterKerbol (BetterKerbol v1.1.0)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.13)
BonVoyage (BonVoyage 1:1.4.1)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:2.1.10.21)
CommNet Antennas Extension (CommNetAntennasExtension 2.1.7)
CommNet Relays (ContractConfigurator-CommNetRelays v2.1.0)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v112.0.1)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator v2.10.0.0)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.3.3)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Exploration Plus (ContractConfigurator-ExplorationPlus 2.0.1)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.2)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.10)
Contract Pack: Research Advancement Division (ResearchAdvancementDivision 1.2.1)
Contract Pack: Tourism Expanded (TourismExpanded 1.0.2)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Cryo & Future ReQuoted (CryoFutureReQuoted v0.21)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.6.5)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.6.5)
CryoEngines Extensions (CryoEnginesExtensions 1.0.3)
Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 1:2.0.6)
Cryogenic Engines - Near Future Aeronautics (CryoEngines-NFAero 2.0.6)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.22.0)
Custom Pre Launch Checks (CustomPreLaunchChecks 1.8.1.1)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.3.1)
Distant Object Enhancement /L (DistantObject v2.1.1.16)
Distant Object Enhancement /L default config (DistantObject-default v2.1.1.16)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.3)
Extra Docking Ports (ExtraDockingPorts v1.3.1)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 6.99.3.0)
Far Future Technologies (FarFutureTechnologies 1.2.0)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.9)
Free Launch Clamps (AlmostFreeLaunchClamps 0.3.1)
FreeIva (FreeIva 0.2.18.4)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.2.1.0)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.6.1)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.3.2)
HUD Replacer (HUDReplacer 1.2.12-beta)
Kerbal Actuators (KerbalActuators v1.9.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.3.3)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.12)
Kerbal Foundries2 (KerbalFoundriesContinued 2.4.8.18)
Kerbal GPS (KerbalGPSRevived 1.2.1.4)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.29)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.7.5.0)
Kerbal Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs v1.8.7.0)
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.16)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.9.3)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-208)
Kronometer (Kronometer v1.12.0.2)
KSC Floodlights Mk2  (KSCFloodlightsMk2 1.0)
KSP Community Fixes (KSPCommunityFixes 1.35.2)
KSP Rescue Pod Fix (KSPRescuePodFix 1.6.4.14)
KSP Resonant Orbit Calculator (ResonantOrbitCalculator 0.0.7)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.14.3.0)
Mini Airbrakes (MiniAirbrakes 1.1)
Mini Sample Return Capsule (MSRC) by : CobaltWolf and AlbertKermin (MiniSampleReturnCapsule 1:1.4.3.0-release)
Mk2 Stockalike Expansion (Mk2Expansion 2:1.9.1.4)
Mk3 Stockalike Expansion (Mk3Expansion 1.6.1.4)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.3)
Near Future Aeronautics (NearFutureAeronautics 2.1.1)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.3.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical - Decaying RTGs (NearFutureElectrical-DecayingRTGs 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.1.2)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.7.1)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.2.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.3.5)
Near Future Propulsion - Xenon Hall Effect Thrusters (NearFuturePropulsion-XenonHETs 1.3.5)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.3.2)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.3.2)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.3)
Near Future Spacecraft - LFO Engines (NearFutureSpacecraft-OrbitalLFOEngines 1.4.3)
Parallax (Parallax 2.0.8)
Parallax - Stock Planet Textures (Parallax-StockTextures 2.0.8)
Parallax - Stock Scatter Textures (Parallax-StockScatterTextures 2.0.8)
Parking Brake (ParkingBrake 0.4.4)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.6)
PersistentRotation Upgraded (PersistentRotationUpgraded 1.9.1.10)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.6)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.6)
RemoteTech Redev Antennas (RemoteTechRedevAntennas 0.1.1)
ReStock (ReStock 1.4.5)
Restock Waterfall Expansion (RestockWaterfallExpansion 3.1.0)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.4.5)
Rocket Sound Enhancement (RocketSoundEnhancement 0.9.11)
Rocket Sound Enhancement - Default (RocketSoundEnhancement-Config-Default 1.3.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.4)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0878)
Self Destruct (SelfDestruct 1.2)
Shabby (Shabby 0.3.0.0)
Shaddy (Shaddy v2.5)
Space Dust (SpaceDust 0.4.4)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.6)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 2.0.10)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux - Internal Spaces (StationPartsExpansionRedux-IVAs 2.0.10)
System Heat (SystemHeat 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Engine Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionEngines 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Reactor Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionReactors 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Converter Configuration (SystemHeat-Converters 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Harvester Configuration (SystemHeat-Harvesters 0.6.0)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.5.3)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.6.0.26)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.1.1)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.11)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.5.3)
TUFX (TUFX 1.1.0)
TweakScale Rescaled (TweakScaleRescaled 3.2.3)
TweakScale Rescaled Redistributable (TweakScaleRescaled-Redist 3.2.3)
TweakScale Rescaled SafetyNet (TweakScaleRescaled-SafetyNet 3.2.3)
Universal Storage II Finalized (UniversalStorage2 4.0.1.2)
Waterfall - Restock (WaterfallRestock 0.2.3)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.9.0)
WaypointManager (WaypointManager 2.8.4.2)
ZTheme (ZTheme v1.1.3)
Also Volumetric Clouds from Blackrack

When I try opening you dds file it crashes on my image software it only does that on the file in "nacelle" probably related to this

It might have been when uploading on github something went wrong or when I downloaded it idk

Edited by TheThunder

18 hours ago, TheThunder said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Astrogator (Astrogator v1.0.2)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.20.0)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.7.1)
BetterKerbol (BetterKerbol v1.1.0)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.13)
BonVoyage (BonVoyage 1:1.4.1)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:2.1.10.21)
CommNet Antennas Extension (CommNetAntennasExtension 2.1.7)
CommNet Relays (ContractConfigurator-CommNetRelays v2.1.0)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v112.0.1)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator v2.10.0.0)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.3.3)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Exploration Plus (ContractConfigurator-ExplorationPlus 2.0.1)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.2)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.10)
Contract Pack: Research Advancement Division (ResearchAdvancementDivision 1.2.1)
Contract Pack: Tourism Expanded (TourismExpanded 1.0.2)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Cryo & Future ReQuoted (CryoFutureReQuoted v0.21)
Cryo Tanks (CryoTanks 1.6.5)
Cryo Tanks Core (CryoTanks-Core 1.6.5)
CryoEngines Extensions (CryoEnginesExtensions 1.0.3)
Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 1:2.0.6)
Cryogenic Engines - Near Future Aeronautics (CryoEngines-NFAero 2.0.6)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.22.0)
Custom Pre Launch Checks (CustomPreLaunchChecks 1.8.1.1)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.3.1)
Distant Object Enhancement /L (DistantObject v2.1.1.16)
Distant Object Enhancement /L default config (DistantObject-default v2.1.1.16)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:2.2.5.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.3)
Extra Docking Ports (ExtraDockingPorts v1.3.1)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 6.99.3.0)
Far Future Technologies (FarFutureTechnologies 1.2.0)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.9)
Free Launch Clamps (AlmostFreeLaunchClamps 0.3.1)
FreeIva (FreeIva 0.2.18.4)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.2.1.0)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.6.1)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.3.2)
HUD Replacer (HUDReplacer 1.2.12-beta)
Kerbal Actuators (KerbalActuators v1.9.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:1.3.3)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.12)
Kerbal Foundries2 (KerbalFoundriesContinued 2.4.8.18)
Kerbal GPS (KerbalGPSRevived 1.2.1.4)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.29)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.7.5.0)
Kerbal Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs v1.8.7.0)
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.16)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.9.3)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-208)
Kronometer (Kronometer v1.12.0.2)
KSC Floodlights Mk2  (KSCFloodlightsMk2 1.0)
KSP Community Fixes (KSPCommunityFixes 1.35.2)
KSP Rescue Pod Fix (KSPRescuePodFix 1.6.4.14)
KSP Resonant Orbit Calculator (ResonantOrbitCalculator 0.0.7)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.14.3.0)
Mini Airbrakes (MiniAirbrakes 1.1)
Mini Sample Return Capsule (MSRC) by : CobaltWolf and AlbertKermin (MiniSampleReturnCapsule 1:1.4.3.0-release)
Mk2 Stockalike Expansion (Mk2Expansion 2:1.9.1.4)
Mk3 Stockalike Expansion (Mk3Expansion 1.6.1.4)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.3)
Near Future Aeronautics (NearFutureAeronautics 2.1.1)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.3.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical - Decaying RTGs (NearFutureElectrical-DecayingRTGs 1.2.3)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.2.3)
Near Future Exploration (NearFutureExploration 1.1.2)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.7.1)
Near Future Launch Vehicles (NearFutureLaunchVehicles 2.2.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.3.5)
Near Future Propulsion - Xenon Hall Effect Thrusters (NearFuturePropulsion-XenonHETs 1.3.5)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 1.3.2)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 1.3.2)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.4.3)
Near Future Spacecraft - LFO Engines (NearFutureSpacecraft-OrbitalLFOEngines 1.4.3)
Parallax (Parallax 2.0.8)
Parallax - Stock Planet Textures (Parallax-StockTextures 2.0.8)
Parallax - Stock Scatter Textures (Parallax-StockScatterTextures 2.0.8)
Parking Brake (ParkingBrake 0.4.4)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.6)
PersistentRotation Upgraded (PersistentRotationUpgraded 1.9.1.10)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.6)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.6)
RemoteTech Redev Antennas (RemoteTechRedevAntennas 0.1.1)
ReStock (ReStock 1.4.5)
Restock Waterfall Expansion (RestockWaterfallExpansion 3.1.0)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.4.5)
Rocket Sound Enhancement (RocketSoundEnhancement 0.9.11)
Rocket Sound Enhancement - Default (RocketSoundEnhancement-Config-Default 1.3.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.4)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0878)
Self Destruct (SelfDestruct 1.2)
Shabby (Shabby 0.3.0.0)
Shaddy (Shaddy v2.5)
Space Dust (SpaceDust 0.4.4)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.6)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 2.0.10)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux - Internal Spaces (StationPartsExpansionRedux-IVAs 2.0.10)
System Heat (SystemHeat 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Engine Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionEngines 0.6.0)
System Heat - Nuclear Reactor Configuration (SystemHeat-FissionReactors 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Converter Configuration (SystemHeat-Converters 0.6.0)
System Heat - Resource Harvester Configuration (SystemHeat-Harvesters 0.6.0)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.5.3)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.6.0.26)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.1.1)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.11)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.5.3)
TUFX (TUFX 1.1.0)
TweakScale Rescaled (TweakScaleRescaled 3.2.3)
TweakScale Rescaled Redistributable (TweakScaleRescaled-Redist 3.2.3)
TweakScale Rescaled SafetyNet (TweakScaleRescaled-SafetyNet 3.2.3)
Universal Storage II Finalized (UniversalStorage2 4.0.1.2)
Waterfall - Restock (WaterfallRestock 0.2.3)
Waterfall Core (Waterfall 0.9.0)
WaypointManager (WaypointManager 2.8.4.2)
ZTheme (ZTheme v1.1.3)
Also Volumetric Clouds from Blackrack

When I try opening you dds file it crashes on my image software it only does that on the file in "nacelle" probably related to this

It might have been when uploading on github something went wrong or when I downloaded it idk

I tested your mod list and i didn't have the same issue, I've reuploaded it to github if that was broken for some reason, if that doesn't change anything I'd like to see your log file. A guide for that is here: