Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I've seen an Ion glider or two kicking around on these forums and decided to have a go at making one...decided whilst the prototype was in LKO to send it to Laythe and see what it could do :) Unfortunately due to lack of planning it took a nose dive into the sea 8km from the island you can see in the screenies. Jool came in between Kerbol and Jack Kermans glider and he only had so much battery power before there was nothing I could do to save them both :(

3PCn9Fw.png

cjsE7st.png

I don't think these kinds of re-entry should be attempted in the future...

fCerceh.png

...But he looks happy enough

9UBihzp.jpg

GFWBd9S.jpg

Good glider, sits at between 500m-800m at around 50m/s if I'm nice and easy on the controls. Easiest thing to fly that I've ever built.

Power delivery!

2013_06_02_00021.jpg

POWERUP.

2013_06_02_00025.jpg

I didn't provide docking or landing capability for the power expansion delivery vehicle, so my kerbals had to EVA to OASIS.

2013_06_02_00027.jpg

My largest dry weight single launch to date sitting on the pad. 91 tons dry.

2013_06_02_00031.jpg

OASIS Stardock on ascent.

2013_06_02_00036.jpg

detaching the lifter in orbit before making the final approach.

2013_06_02_00037.jpg

rendezvous complete. OASIS is now fully operational. Although only 55% complete, it is unlikely to ever see full capacity... the stardock delivery crossed my massive lag threshold and any further additions will be slow, tedious, and plagued by lag.

2013_06_02_00039.jpg

Interesting tidbit: the center power mast is possessed by the kraken. Every time I warp from the station, the center mast begins wobbling and thrashing after coming out of warp, and will continue to get more and more violent until I exit to the tracking station, despite no control input being active..

2013_06_02_00041.jpg

Here are the first two pieces of Mun Base Albacore successfully connected. It's my first multi-part surface base on another body, now that I finally worked out a delivery system. Each module comes with one of those big flat rovers, which drive them into place, and if all goes correctly, the docks activate as soon as I put the gear down. Then the rover decouples and backs straight out. In this case, it all worked first try! All the testing on Kerbin paid off.

MunBaseAlbacore.jpg

MunBaseAlbacoreWithCrew.jpg

If I had a heavier module, I could theoretically land it without a rover and could still get it docked to one of these rovers, but that's finicky and they don't really weight that much. I did wise up on the second one and put seats on it so my Kerbals can go for joy rides now that its mission is complete.

There's a Kethane processing facility ready to go next. I believe these pieces are all stock other than MechJeb (now worthless, should have put it on the descent engines so it would go away). I probably won't want to attach much more than that, unfortunately, since the framerate is already suffering.

And yes, I did forget to open up the antenna now that I'm looking at it. Close enough!

This was my first successful apollo-style mission, takeoff, landing on mun, and return all under my own design. and on stock :)

The game rewarded me with a wonderful solar eclipse!

p.s. sorry for the massive picture, the spoiler tags didn't seem to work...

GO6b0w8.jpg

hope u guys like the pic& crafts

souz2.jpg

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/33963-moraru%E2%84%A2-ROVERS-v-20-2?p=422924#post422924

mods needed in order to work: mech jeb, B9 aerospace and spacetech i think ??

47078120.jpg

these are the only 3 items needed from the mods

* st radial engine- by space tech

* mech jeb (ar202 protective case)

* Y1 protective cap by tetragon projects

Edited by moraruâ„¢

FINAL-4.jpg

<LOL> I've done that with lander stages, landers left in orbit, and stages just sort of set adrift on purpose. Look! It's all abandoned! Isn't it creeeeeepy? :D

'Course, I have a fascination with shipwrecks, ghost towns, and post-apocalyptic movies, so anyone who knows me probably would have predicted that I'd do this. Your picture is amazing.

<LOL> I've done that with lander stages, landers left in orbit, and stages just sort of set adrift on purpose. Look! It's all abandoned! Isn't it creeeeeepy? :D

'Course, I have a fascination with shipwrecks, ghost towns, and post-apocalyptic movies, so anyone who knows me probably would have predicted that I'd do this. Your picture is amazing.

Thanks :D I was kind of hoping I wasn't the only one that did this ;)

EDIT: It is strangely satisfying, watching that old booster stage floating endlessly in space, back from the time before you learned to de-orbit your debris...

Edited by digitalnative

Delivered a RCS tanker and a new Utility/Fuel Truck to my Duna base. Truck is 45 Tons and the SSTO plus Truck and fuel at was over 213 tons at take off.

screenshot8mc.png

A kerbal checking the chutes while getting a bit nervous with reentry coming up :P

screenshot19gk.png

screenshot24we.png

screenshot40d.png

Edited by pa1983