Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

breath taking views from Ringle. I hope someday I can get a rover or something down there

10934631173_5f3276151c_b.jpg

hardcore science

10934631863_22d8808fbb_b.jpg

with a periapsis of 5km, I would've crashed into that mountain range at the next orbit

10934630743_d1e9854f3d_b.jpg

Double mission to minmus! (Kerbal + rover)

Zj3qdMr.png

Kerton landed successfully

0J5IVeM.png

Rover coming in for a landing...

XndI8KG.png

...touchdown! Now to get the rover off the landing stage using an all-purpose tug

0o0ZrqD.png

On my way to an old landing site with some debris, to study how the environment of Minmus affects it.

RWskXIG.png

Here we are!

1IpLQUJ.png

Kerton decided to grab a seat on an old landing leg to rest after a long drive

i3Zg2to.png

Fun mission! Now to drive back and head home with a bunch of science!

This inspired me to shower. Thought you ought to know.

Haha! My work here is done.

Actually, no.

I didn't go to space today, due to power problems at KSC.

I sent my technicians to investigate.

l2nKrPg.png

Always wanted to try climbing one of these.

vMMrOct.png

Started making a model of one out of toothpicks once, skeched a few in my school books.

yw5DPrd.png

Turns out large sections of the network were missing. This won't be fixed for a while...

ixf0hAQ.png

There's a great view up there.

qHEtGsy.png

In a way, they are kind of magnificent.

dKMroqQ.png

"Powerlines are a reminder of Kerbalkind's ability to generate electricity" -Darryl Kerman. (He's always saying things like that.)

Edited by Tw1

Logan,

Please put a link to those eagle craft files. I would love to try out that kethane eagle. Can you also list the mods needed to run that bad boy?

I really appreciate it.

Here's the Eagle Mk 3 at the Spaceport. Fair warning though - it's not updated for .22 Career mode, but it will work in Sandbox.

Also - another issue with it not having been updated is that the Command Pod and the ASAS don't provide any stability at all by themselves. Also - something happened with the sound and there are no engine noises at all.

HOWEVER - not to worry! I have you covered! Here's a link to some mods that I made that correct these problems as well as craft files that include the most recent versions of the pods that I've created:

Logan's Eagle Mods and Pods.

Lack - the creater of the LLL parts that I largely use for the pods has been a great help. He made a "triple window" for the Eagle pod (which I have included in the above archive zip.) And has also come through and recently made a single part version of the Passenger pod which will GREATLY reduce part count.

I am currently going through another round of testing and I've managed to trim the part count on these craft some. Especially the passenger pod. I intend to update the above archive with new craft files when I do.

NOTE: Some people have had an issue with lights that I commonly attach to the craft. They are NOT a mod. They are the standard round lights that come from Squad. But even I have noticed this weird issue where the craft file sometimes says it won't load because it doesn't have this part. Very strange. If you experience this bug, go into the craft file and just edit out the lights. I intend to remove those lights as part of the next upload, even though I commonly put them on all the Eagles for my own personal use.

As for the mods I use: I use the DSM, LLL, B9 Aerospace, KAS and (sometimes) the R4 Boat part mods for use in making the pods and other equipment. I also use MechJeb 2.0 with the small Dishy Jeb parts in conjunction with the Eagle. These are all in the craft files so you need them all if you want to use the craftfiles "out of the box".

Again - I intend another round of fixes/updates to include in the mod and craft files above, including that LLL Single-part Passenger pod. Give me another week or two and they'll get uploaded. (Or I might do it sooner if there's enough interest.)

I can also provide tips for flying the Eagles as well. But that's not for this thread.

Also - here's a link to a mobile crane that can cart the Eagle around. If you're using the Kerbtown plug in and someday somebody makes an actual Munbase Alpha then maybe this might come in handy in the underground hangers. :D

Mobile Crane for Transporting big stuff.

Uq1Cydo.png

ykKfKvb.png