Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

My former flagship, Asgard (designated O-201). It was assembled in orbit, and consists of the main cargo bay, two side pods, the engine ring, and the command module. Her smaller sister, Helgard (O-202), was damaged and de-orbited during orbital assembly.

The command module, delivering a monopropellant storage, which unfortunately didn't fit in the fuselage.

pe8KZll.jpg

Asgard, assembled, in its designated construction orbit. After a refuel mission, the testing began. The first phase was to test the main and auxiliary propulsion: raise orbit from construction to kerbostationary orbit. Raise apoapsis with the main engine ring, then raise periapsis with the side pod engines. The second phase was to test the deceleration thrusters on both sides of the command pod, and the turning speed of the ship: drop periapsis, turn around, then drop apoapsis.

bsrMTji.jpg

The third part was a trip to the Mün. It tested all functions of the craft. Transfer burn, deceleration at Mün periapsis, get in a stable orbit. However, the Asgard has failed this test. Her engines were way too inefficient, despite being all NERVAs. The tanks do not have enough fuel for a return, not to mention her intended use as an interplanetary spacecraft. I had to send an unmanned space tug in Münar parking orbit to extract the pilots.

M7xiqM8.jpg

Unfortunately, said space tug was never intended to return, therefore it had to be fitted with parachutes in space, God bless KAS. But even so, it ended up landing on its nose.

1MskRj4.jpg

From that day, Bob is required to wear a brown space suit.

S74GWsg.jpg

Hopefully, the next ship, Valhalla (O-203) will have better results with its advanced plasma propulsion unit.

I've been putting together my new Interplanetary flagship, more like a good looking space station for Jool, Laythe, Duna or Eve .. 250 parts, 90 Tons, 17 Kerbals. It was quite a struggle getting this thing into orbit to be honest :) It could use an extra couple of nuclear engines, but I think I'll just add an intercontinental stage(I am not patient enough) and use these two engines to change orbit and for emergencies..

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

no seriously I could use a reliable 90ton launcher :-/

Edited by WooDzor

I've been putting together my new Interplanetary flagship, more like a good looking space station for Jool, Laythe, Duna or Eve .. 250 parts, 90 Tons, 17 Kerbals. It was quite a struggle getting this thing into orbit to be honest :) It could use an extra couple of nuclear engines, but I think I'll just add an intercontinental stage(I am not patient enough) and use these two engines to change orbit and for emergencies..

[cool pictures]

no seriously I could use a reliable 90ton launcher :-/

Oh sweet! this looks completely stock, is it not? Very smooth shape!

---

I visited Urania with my poorly maneuverable but very capable space plane:

pbmadY2.png

6Lt1ZCk.png

IzzZh6G.png

kapm93y.png

HiF8ZcO.png

iDv28c5.png

zCZKaQT.png

t8f72mu.png

fO2AyTe.png

OCbAnEC.png

NGUIspn.png

That's in one trip. I could have returned to Kerbin but didn't have the time, and then broke the save file :-I

Edited by Overfloater

The first module of my new MBCS (Modular Base Construction System), the Colony Core, reaches orbit over Kerbin, on its way to Tylo. Some bits of the booster can be seen in the background.

k0IGzjr.png

n0Ad2QB.png

j9CFuDf.png

The Colony Core module itself clocks in at 169 tons, and has comfortable habitation space for up to 36 Kerbals (or a lot more uncomfortably), as well as all the facilities that a small colony needs, including greenhouses, recreation facilities, and a command center.

wdIREPi.png

My latest career save's first mission to Duna. this is just the transfer ship and the orbital science module: Landers for Ike and Duna are still being designed, but will be launched on a separate launch vehicle and fly independently from the crew until arrival at Duna. All the science and high-drag parts are tucked under the fairing just aft of the cockpit, and the three rocket motors on the nose drag the nose cap away after clearing the majority of the atmosphere during launch. Both functions are tied to the same action group, so they happen at the EXACT same time. Should look cool in flight. :D

z8Ws4R2.png

The Triskelion Mk. II Generation Ship under construction in space. The rearmost tank is an old tank model being phased out for tanks with only one side of radial ports, favoring KAS struts instead of dock ports for structural integrity. Since there is still liquid fuel left inside the tank, it is staying until more tanks can be added. The finished construct will have 26 orange tanks, 52 atomic engines, living space for at least ten kerbals, two moon landers, one reusable entry vehicle for planets and atmospheric bodies, all the accoutrements for science, and 5 reusable orbiter probes. Donory Kerman is the captain of the vessel and overseer of the project.