NexusStations - Orbital Colonies Mod (UNRELEASED - IN DEVELOPMENT)

Introducing NexusStations - also known as SpaceKolonies or WHY THE HECK DID THEY STOP THE AMAZING GAME BEFORE COLONIES

(still deciding what name to call it)

KSP2 Orbital Colonies Mod

THIS MOD IS IN DEVELOPMENT AND IS NOT YET RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC

Have you ever wanted colonies in KSP2 but realized there was no one left at the studio left to implement it? Well then I have good news for you! Starting soon(tm) a colonies mod will be added to Kerbal Space Program 2, aiming to recreate and expand on Nate Simpsons and the rest of Intercept Game's vision

Features/Plans

IN THE 0.0.1 RELEASE THERE WILL BE NOTHING BUT A SINGLE GRAVITY RING AND MAYBE ONE OR TWO COLONY PARTS TO TEST THE IMPLEMENTATION OF CUSTOM FUNCTIONED PARTS

- Gravity Rings (current lineup gets you 8)

- Various "building block" like parts to create custom buildings and make your own structures

- MOAR HUBS (pressurized for crew, of course)

- Basically all the parts seen and promised during development

- A system to allow you to build and launch rockets from designated colonies

- Compatibility with @The Space Peacock's incoming ISRU mod (assuming we can both get the code working)

- Larger than large existing parts (like solar panels, normal panels. etc.)

- More science parts (current plans more than double the current science experiment roster)

- More primary and secondary missions to fit in with what most likely would have happened, had this been an actual update

Screenshots

NOT MUCH CURRENTLY BUT WE'RE GETTING THERE

Hopefully when this releases we can get the modding community back on it's toes :D

BTW if you have any suggestions or ways you envision KSP 2 colonies that you would want to see put in the game feel free to put them in the comments! This early in development I definitely need some ideas!

Edited by NexusHelium
MOAR PICTURES

30 minutes ago, Planterium said:

Kerbal Space Program 2 Redux coming to your local stores

Basically yeah lol 

8 hours ago, Bulltoad said:

hopefully this is reason enough to reinstall the game

That’s the plan :)

35 minutes ago, Planterium said:

I wonder if somebody will also make a mod on dealing with the bugs of KSP2 (i know community fixes exist but it looks like it stopped development)

Well to be honest, after 0.2.2 there’s not actually a ton of terrible bugs in the game so it’s not a super high priority. Main focus right now if I recall is mainly just features and performance. I’m sure someone will tackle it someday though.

20 hours ago, Planterium said:

I wonder if somebody will also make a mod on dealing with the bugs of KSP2 (i know community fixes exist but it looks like it stopped development)

i like how there's an update a few hours after you say this lmao

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Planterium said:

this came so randomly after some months

probably cause some of the modding community is finally getting back on its toes a tiny little bit

Edited by NexusHelium

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Been a little bit since I wrote here so I decided to update you guys on progress so far (it’s a lot)

Call this a dev update of sorts I suppose.

First things first I had to take like a week to optimize the current model’s triangle count as it had over a hundred and eighty thousand (which is way to much for something this size if you didn’t know). The new version of the model is about 3 times more efficient at around 68k.

Second, I actually finished the model!!! Every little detail is now done on the physical model, and I started moving on to texturing.

Third I massively changed my design and parts list for the KSP2 mod, including all new science experiments and a BUNCH of colony parts.

Fourth and last currently I am texturing the model and working with other modders on how the colonies will work and function with their resource mod they're making. Only the large segment's texture is mostly complete right now but I’m making big progress to finishing the model as a whole, and will hopefully be done within the month. In the Imgur album you’ll find the current texture for the model (with a fancy window I’m kinda proud of. It took a while to figure out :))

Heres the imgur album if you wanna check out all the current images I have: https://imgur.com/gallery/nexusstations-gallery-v3-I5L3pwv

That’s all for today but i hope my next major post here will be showing off the complete model… texture and all

Later!

Edited by NexusHelium

17 hours ago, NexusHelium said:

Hey! Been a little bit since I wrote here so I decided to update you guys on progress so far (it’s a lot)

Call this a dev update of sorts I suppose.

First things first I had to take like a week to optimize the current model’s triangle count as it had over a hundred and eighty thousand (which is way to much for something this size if you didn’t know). The new version of the model is about 3 times more efficient at around 68k.

Second, I actually finished the model!!! Every little detail is now done on the physical model, and I started moving on to texturing.

Third I massively changed my design and parts list for the KSP2 mod, including all new science experiments and a BUNCH of colony parts.

Fourth and last currently I am texturing the model and working with other modders on how the colonies will work and function with their resource mod they're making. Only the large segment's texture is mostly complete right now but I’m making big progress to finishing the model as a whole, and will hopefully be done within the month. In the Imgur album you’ll find the current texture for the model (with a fancy window I’m kinda proud of. It took a while to figure out :))

Heres the imgur album if you wanna check out all the current images I have: https://imgur.com/gallery/nexusstations-gallery-v3-I5L3pwv

That’s all for today but i hope my next major post here will be showing off the complete model… texture and all

Later!

Careful Nex, your starting to sound a bit like Nate :KerbalKlueless: