KSP'ers new and old, come say hello :D

sal_vager

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i am new to this game, and new to forums in general. :) I really like the game, and as every game in BETA, it needs lots of attention. I look forward to getting to know the members and upcoming events. Especially getting better at the game, seems the only limit is your imagination. :)

Other:

I am one of the 5 CEOs of the [JungC] Corporation. We are a group of people from all over the world who all agree to follow a code of honor to the best of our abilities. We look forward to getting more involved with this community and the Kerbal Space Program. You can also find us on Raidcall. Hope to see you all around.

Take care,

-Jungfaha-

Edited by Jungfaha

Hello everyone!

I've actually logged well over 300 hours in KSP, and I've read through the forums before, but when I finally decided I wanted to make an account, I couldn't because the forums were down!

Now they're back up, so I finally made my account.

That said, hi. :3

We look forward to getting more involved this community and game.

Wait.... this is a game? I thought our computers gave us a portal into another dimension where our actions decided the fate of many real and green blooded Kerbals!!!

Way to shatter my fantasy.

(sob) No.... its OK.... just leave me alone... (WAIL...).... (sniff) I'll just be over here crying.... (sniff)

:)

Wait.... this is a game? I thought our computers gave us a portal into another dimension where our actions decided the fate of many real and green blooded Kerbals!!!

(sob) No.... its OK.... just leave me alone... (WAIL...).... (sniff) I'll just be over here crying.... (sniff)

*sniff* it's okay man, I couldn't deal with it either, eventually, it'll hurt less =(

*sniff* it's okay man, I couldn't deal with it either, eventually, it'll hurt less =(

Hahaha :) You all seem cool :) We corrected the post. We hope it meets you satisfaction.

Take Care,

Jungfaha

Came across this game a couple of months ago and hit a bone that was close to the surface several decades ago. Back in the 60's & 70's (70's mostly) I built rocket kits, sometimes designing my own rockets. The last rocket I designed/built was 8' tall including lander. I had too much effort built into this just to send it a few hundred feet up, nor to loose it to winds aloft with the chutes. So this is what I built...

At it's heart, was a very rudimentary alt transmitter, and a model plane receiver for 1 top of ark servo action and 1 lower altitude action. At it's peak altitude, 3 black powder charges would be ignited to; 1) The lightest charge, push rocket body chutes out 4 ducted 3/4" thick fins of the main stage. 2) This, the largest charge, was in a re-enforced section below the slip-fitted lander, with the propellant in a honeycomb setup so it wouldn't "pool" into a pile or away from the igniter, push out the lander. 3) Placed in a tube atop the lander would push away from the lander while expelling a small drogue chute tethered to the lander to keep it upright while keeping it from gaining too much speed, but not too slow to insure that it kept relatively close to the launch area.

One C engine was mounted at the center of the lander so at several hundred feet from the ground it was ignited to provide a quick speed reduction & to blow out the main chutes. To keep battery weight down I took apart a mechanical flashbulb of the era to ignite the engine. The lander had gear that pivoted out when ejected from the main body of the rocket and a sprung, inward bending knee hinge to absorb what the chutes left for them.

That was nearly 40 years ago and my last venture into rocket designing, till now. Glad to be here!

Edited by Glasher

Hey there! I found this game on /r/kerbalspaceprogram and was immediately infatuated. I've become a fan alpha-release games due to me playing a lot of minecraft back in the alpha 1.5 days. So far, this is one of the best communities I have ever seen for a game, and some of the smartest I've seen to boot as well. I really just want to say thank you to SQUAD, the modders, the machinima artists, and the rest of you guys that make this such a great experience!

Hi,

I'm Splat (not .Splat, that's just a name). I've been playing KSP since just before the release of .19. This game is awesome, like it's really, really neat. Once it's finished, it will be excellent.

So, I've been to Orbit, Mun, Minmus, Eve, Duna and that's it. I've been back from the Mun on just RCS fuel (and crashed shortly afterwards due to a lack of parachute)! And that's almost it.

I love spaceplanes, except for the 'space' part, I've never built a functioning SSTO.

That's it for now from me!

Found the KSP demo a bit over a month ago so I have no history with anything other than .2x. Bought it a week later. There was really no choice, was there?

Spent a few weeks building, sending up probes and ships, practicing my docking, establishing a station.

When I found the mods, I tried many but settled on just a few: lazor docking, flight engineer, crew transfer, and chatter. No automation.

Only two Kerbinauts have lost their lives, and that was on the pad. Rather than abort missions, I've sent rescue ships and refuelling tugs and brought every Kerbinaut home since.

My first Munshot was a success (if you don't include the Kerbinaut left in EVA orbit while a rescue mission was launched).

I'm now planning to reach further, establishing fuel depots so that I don't need to build massive multi-part vehicles that might kill my frame-rate.

And I'm regularly playing this instead of GTAV. Not sure what that says but there ya go.

Hi all,

new to the game, been a Sci-fi MMO player for the last 14 years and needed something that I could choose my own goals and work out the best way to accomplish them, bought the game about 4 hours after trying out the demo. been a great enjoyment.

Hello guys...

Just want to say hello to you. I discovered KSP one week ago and I spent a lot of time in it...even a lot more than in GTAV^^

My english isnt the best, but i hope that it will improve when i can use it here.

Hello guys...

Just want to say hello to you. I discovered KSP one week ago and I spent a lot of time in it...even a lot more than in GTAV^^

My english isnt the best, but i hope that it will improve when i can use it here.

Welcome, phhs! I'm glad you prefer KSP over GTAV; it's way smarter, and doesn't make your genitals shrink.

No worries! Your English is easily as good as most folks on the interwebs. :wink:

Hello All,

Very recently noticed KPS after reading an article in a local computer magazine. I can say it looks like great fun although I've hardly touched the surface yet. I feel this can quickly become a next computer application that will grow to a moderate addiction, oh dear. :rolleyes:

Greets,

Jan

Hi all,

I love space and I love building things, and KSP lets me do both with fewer consequences than my day job. I've only played around with the demo a bit, managed to get decent at getting into orbit, even orbited the moon, so I decided to go ahead and get the game. Lots of stuff to learn; should be fun. Here's to hoping they'll eventually start getting some regenerative life support boxes to play with ;)

Matt