[1.12.x] Labradoodle - Make the Poodle variants into two separate parts

Labradoodle

It always bugged me that there were these two completely distinct rocket engine models in the game assigned to variants of the same part, the RE-L10 "Poodle", when they could easily be separate engines with unique stats. That's what this little mod does.

• The RE-L10 "Poodle" retains its original stats, but only has the single-nozzle variant
  • The multi-nozzle variant becomes a new part, the RE-L20 "Labrador", with stats somewhere between the Poodle and the Skipper:
    • Mass: 2.25t
    • Thrust: 450kN
    • Isp: 185-335s

Compatible with Restock and in theory anything else which patches the Poodle, e.g. for Waterfall effects.

Distributed under the GNU General Public License.

Download:  Github | Spacedock

Edited by Charle_Roger

2 hours ago, marxman28 said:

What happens if we have a saved craft that uses the dual-nozzle version? Will it automatically switch over?

I expect that your original crafts either saved or in flight will be fine as the parts will still contain the full code in the craft save file or the persistence file of the actual save.

21 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I expect that your original crafts either saved or in flight will be fine as the parts will still contain the full code in the craft save file or the persistence file of the actual save.

Yep that's right, it shouldn't affect any existing craft.