KSP during forum downtime

gompasta

What have you guys been doing during the forum downtime? Done anything awesome that you could not show off? Just crashed more rockets into minmus? Deorbited jool?

I have been designing Lazor mod hover-racers. I now have RaceCraft littered all over my space center. Currently working on OPERATION SEATBELT, to make crashes safer... So all the jumbled pile of limbs can be collected a bit easier.

EDIT: Back down to 2 posts again? :<

Edited by gompasta

I took a little break from the game. I also kept going to ksp.com and checking the facebook to see if it was back up. Unfortunately they didnt post a lot there but it was better then nothing. I kinda expected more info from Damion Rayne... he didnt even do the standard twitch tv on Monday... i was disappointed.

I've been doing a Grand Tour with Jeb in a special Kethane-based lander. Before the forum went down, I'd landed on Mun and Minmus, gone to Duna and Ike, and was just arriving at Jool. In the downtime, I landed on all five of Jool's moons, Dres, Eeloo, back to Mun again to refuel, then to Gilly, and I'm now preparing for an Eve landing (with a special bolt-on booster stage, since my normal SSTO design just won't cut it there). Once I finish with Eve and Moho, it's back to Kerbin, where I'll try to land within the circle at KSC.

After I'm done, I'll post a travel journal with a bunch of screenshots.

I actually got a ton of stuff done while the forums were down. I made for first landing on a celestial body other than Kerbin, which was of course the Mun. also managed a safe return. very happy about that. I then made a landing and return from Minmus (easier than my Mun landing). I then completed my first docking, which I was frickin ecstatic about. and then I put my first space station in orbit, which really was just the stock space station core they give you in the game as a test. already building my replacement station in the VAB and then I will deorbit the old station. after relieving the crew of course. I don't like dead Kerbals.

I finally started my long overdue SSTO program. I made a Cylon raider than can orbit Mun and return (but cant land safely) and one that should make it to Laythe and back. (spare me the intake spam hate, if you don't like doing it for your own designs that's fine)

J1Rx7G7.jpg

zT7aT0y.png

I've been struggling with building a lifter that can take my space station command module into orbit. Either it falls apart on the launch pad, or it runs out of fuel just short of a stable orbit. More experimentation is needed!

I finally started my long overdue SSTO program. I made a Cylon raider than can orbit Mun and return (but cant land safely) and one that should make it to Laythe and back. (spare me the intake spam hate, if you don't like doing it for your own designs that's fine)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/J1Rx7G7.jpg%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/zT7aT0y.png%7Boption%7D

Wow, that is awesome! O.o

I was Trying to get to Eeloo and back but I ended up with just enough fuel to chose my landing.

I am really starting to hate the Challenge I tried for myself to Save every Kerble from being stranded except for Bill.

He gets to orbit the sun forever with a Smile on his face.:sticktongue:

Edited by Zanis
Didn't like my Wording

I got a probe carrier to Moho, done the map and landed the map probe.... about to launch the next probe from the carrier, then decide where to set the rover down, And got a 3 kerbal craft to Eve.., mapped eve and gilly and deciding where to put down the rovers and probes there, the kerbal lander is going to Gilly..... no way it can return from the surface of Eve with only 1300 Dv in atmosphere

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.