[WEB APP] Ribbon Generator [1.1.2] [ABANDONED]

Hey guys! So, I'm new to the forums, but I've played the game since .18 or .17, and now I want to show off my accomplishments, but I just cannot figure out where I can edit my signature! It's killing me, so if someone could explain it to me, that would be much appreciated.

Look at the top right of your browser window, in the dark blue bar. After "Welcome, LimeEmil" etc, there is one entry for Settings. Click on that.

On the next screen, look at the boxes on the left - in "My Settings", there's a "Edit Signature" link. Click on that.

On the next screen, you'll want to put a link to your ribbons in the "Edit Signature" box, with img tags around it - here's what mine looks like, with the square brackets replaced by parenthesis for this.

(img)http://ribbons.cgagnier.ca/image.php?user_ribbon=476(/img)

Your user number will be different, of course. Remember the %7Boption%7D tags!

Then click on the "Save Signature" button on the bottom right of that box, and you should be ready to go.

Hey guys! So, I'm new to the forums, but I've played the game since .18 or .17, and now I want to show off my accomplishments, but I just cannot figure out where I can edit my signature! It's killing me, so if someone could explain it to me, that would be much appreciated.

You have to have 5 posts before you can edit your account with frivilous things like Avatars and Signatures.

I have generated some ribbons to place on my profile when I can edit my signature. Landing on Duna and Eve was.. though. Anyways, great program/app. I love the fact that the entire community seems to use it. GJ!

Seconding the flag marker! Also, if SSTO could be added to more bodies? I've designed a vessel that can land on and launch from Laythe without refueling.

And as a last idea, which I totally understand if you nix it due to being a modding achievement, but perhaps if you add a Drill icon to signify that you've constructed a refueling base? And a launch tower icon to signify that you've used one of the several mods to signify you've performed a launch from that body (for the sake of Orbital Construction and Extraplanetary Launchpads)?

Is there any option for double output? I really like the full resolution one (that small one looks blurred :( ) and I know that there's a limit on this forum, but it would be nice if we will be able to get both versions (80px and the small one) - I, for example, use it as a target of this picture link.

To be honest, the best solution will be to make a suggestion of increasing forum signature image, it's not a big difference.

Btw. The flag marker is an awesome idea. There should also be a SSTO space plane unit.

Seconding the flag-planting device. Might also be awarded for creating a static structure with no practical purpose other than decoration or as a landmark. (Tombstones for dead crew, monuments to missions, navigational beacons, etc.)

What does it mean when a person puts a space station tag, and a return? Does it mean that they sent crew to the station and then brought them home, or that they brought back the whole station to Kerbin? Because the later sounds really hard.

Oh, also, testing my sig.

Original creator person here:

For those looking for larger resolution ribbons you can get the DIY kit from Spaceport. It's not as easy as Moustachauve's generator, but it produces them at the original resolution.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/mission-ribbons-v-5-0/

As for the other suggestions, a "Monument" marker might be something I'll add to the next revision, "Base" would mean it actually does something "Monument" means it's just sort of there. Although, would a "flag" device be more awesome than a manned lander? Since you sort of need to have done the second to do the first.

The SSTO wreath is currently only for Kerbin as on most of the other planets SSTO is either trivial or impossible. Kerbin's got just that right amount of challenge. "I jumped too hard on Gilly .... SSTO WREATH!"

Does the ribbon generator work for IE8? I'm not getting to the generator at all. The mission flag one works...

When I try to use it, it just ends up loading for eternity...

Edited by Ali_J_101

Does the ribbon generator work for IE8? I'm not getting to the generator at all. The mission flag one works...

When I try to use it, it just ends up loading for eternity...

same here, although I'm using safari on my mac.

Oh, idea:

Since the return chevron doesn't indicate if you've come back from a world's surface or just its SoI, I think it'd be a nice addition to add the SSTO Wreath to Eve. In this case it'd represent a craft that traveled from Eve's surface to orbit (no SSTO required). Since it's one of the harder thing to do in KSP, I think it should be celebrated --- and it doesn't require adding any more graphics assets.

Zeroignite, GET OUT OF MY HEAD. I actually sent the newest version to Moustachauve a few days ago to give him a head start on the web app and one of the new changes is that the Device Formerly Known As The SSTO Wreath is now the Challenge Wreath. Of course I didn't just go straight to that idea, I had to spend an hour or two creating various terrible looking frames and borders and brackets first. You can also earn a Challenge Wreath on Tylo, for escaping back into space from the Eater of Landers.