[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Is it possible to get vessel mass using Telemachus? I've been developing an "ascent simulator" tool, that's able to generate graphs similar to those of Telemachus, but from outside KSP, by simulating an ascent. However, my results are still a tiny bit different than what KSP does. You see, I wrote a simple tool that makes HTTP requests to Telemachus, and dumps the data into a text file. :) Kind of a roll-your-own data logger, using Telemachus. I've been comparing the altitude from that with the altitude from my simulator, and found that mine is slightly off. It would be great if Telemachus could tell me the mass as well, so I can see if I'm simulating fuel burn rate properly, and if maybe that's the reason my results are slightly off.

Now I have opened this link, and all pages work fine and show data that appears to be current... except KerbalMaps, which says "No antenna found, entering broadcast mode."

The release version seems to work fine, however, but marker-icon.png is mysteriously missing.

I am having this same problem, and I have not found a post that contains the fix or work-around (my search-fu is apparently not good enough). Did you find a resolution?

go read msg #276

That covers the problem with the spaceport version (the missing icon). I updated to the dev version, and now KerbalMaps says "No antenna found, entering broadcast mode." - the map renders, and the icon renders at the dead center, and it does not update. Any other page I look at works (telemetry data comes through).

Hey all,

I've done quite a bit of searching, and read thru a good half of this thread, and most of a couple other long threads, and I cant find ANYTHING like the problem I am having with Telemachus.

With Telemachus installed, KSP never gets completely thru the load screen...it just hangs when it gets around 90-95% loaded. This is with a completely fresh, unadulterated install of KSP...No mods.

Before installing Telemachus, the fresh install works perfect. I install MechJeb, and everything seems to work fine. I install Telemachus, it locks up....I remove Telemachus, it works fine again...??

Help! I'd really like to give this mod a try...

EDIT: Nevermind...figured it out...it was my firewall. what threw me off was that earlier it was mentioned a firewall usually causes an issue AFTER ksp loads, and the fact that there were no errors related to telemachus at the end of the .log file.

So i got it to work with the computer i'm running ksp on, but not my tablet. i'm thru messing with network crap, so i guess i'm done with this mod.

i will say that it looks like it has a lot of functionality, potential, and usefulness. the interfaces/ui's are clean and well done.

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...
That covers the problem with the spaceport version (the missing icon). I updated to the dev version, and now KerbalMaps says "No antenna found, entering broadcast mode." - the map renders, and the icon renders at the dead center, and it does not update. Any other page I look at works (telemetry data comes through).

Fixed this in the latest dev version (1.4.11.0).

Also I have changed the licence so that it is more permissive.

Edited by Rich

Hi,

what would be you guys' pointers if I wanted to restrict access to certain Telemachus pages on a per-user basis, eg. prevent Random McVisitor from accessing Basic Flight Control while keeping it available for Mr Flightcontrol?

Thanks

A.

Since a few people asked, here is the all in one console thingy I put together, please bear in mind this is something I threw together over a weekend for a bit of fun so it is not terribly optimised.

Screenshot.png

Before you download this please note that i am not in any way affiliated with the author of telemachus, i make no guaruntee that this stuff will work as intended, all files are either unencrypted html files or images so if you want to see the source just open them up and have a look, this is not intended as an official mod release e.t.c.

http://www.filedropper.com/allinonepanelfortelemachus

to install you should be able to just extract into your ksp gamedata folder, obviously requires telemachus to already be installed. Once its installed connect to telemachus and you will have to change the address in the address bar from "information.html" to "hg_panel_main.html". Its made for the size of my second monitor so you may have to zoom your browser out a bit to see all the buttons.

Since I deliberately made it all a bit complicated since it wouldnt be a proper kerbal console if it wasnt made unneccesarily complex heres a basic guide to it:

To choose what is shown on each screen you can use the black buttons along the bottom. You will see the buttons are grouped into two sections, most of them are grouped under "Screen display mode select" and the two rightmost are grouped under "SDM Shift" (Screen Display Mode shirt).

Basically to adjust the main screen, just press one of the black "Screen display mode select" buttons, so to get the fuel display up on the main screen just click "Fuel". To change what is on one of the smaller primary or secondary displays press one of the "SDM Shift" buttons (pridisp refers to the little display marked primary and im sure you can figure out what SeDisp button refers too) then press on of the "Screen display mode select" buttons. So to get say altitude data onto the secondary display press "SeDisp" then "Alt". You should be able to switch between displays without the graphs resetting.

The panel of buttons along the right hand side should be fairly self explanatory. Ive colour coded the buttons based on how likely they are to kill you.

Light blue buttons: should not cause any danger unless combined with outher commands

Green buttons: may cause problems if accidentally switched and not rectified over a long period of time.

Yellow buttons: may immediately cause problems if accidentally switched and may cause serious problems if not rectified over a long period of time.

Red buttons: may cause immediate serious problems if accidentally switched and may be fatal if not rectified immediately.

Light blue and covered by a red safety cover with black and orange danger stripes: may cause immediate serious problems if accidentally switched and cannot be rectified if accidentally activated.

Just tried it in V0.22 and it seems to work fine, have fun and remember no watching KTV during missions!

Edited by cloudflint

• 2 weeks later...
Possible without part?

Possible, but that functionality has been disabled and would require a recompile to turn it back on. However, you can work around this issue by adding the Telemachus config definitions to your command pod.

This is very cool. I'd like to use Telemachus for a competition I'm running at my university where there is a pilot and mission control team, the pilot executes maneuvers based on mission control instructions and mission control makes instructions based on telemetry data only. Would it be possible to include an option in the mod somewhere that disables the map view and external view for the player, so they are forced to only use the IVA view? Would make the competition much more challenging I think.

This is very cool. I'd like to use Telemachus for a competition I'm running at my university where there is a pilot and mission control team, the pilot executes maneuvers based on mission control instructions and mission control makes instructions based on telemetry data only. Would it be possible to include an option in the mod somewhere that disables the map view and external view for the player, so they are forced to only use the IVA view? Would make the competition much more challenging I think.

You could put a bit of tape over the keys or remove the C and M keys altogether or even go into the settings and clear the assignment for camera mode and also map mode so once you click IVA there is no going back...

Edited by John FX