[0.21.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.5.5.0 Released! 0.21 Compatible!!!

vXSovereignXv

Put the CrewManifest directory (and everything under it) in the GameData directory, *not* the Plugins directory:

Kerbal Space Program/

-GameData/

--CrewManifest/

---Plugins/

----CrewManifest.dll

----PluginData/

-----CrewManifest/

------config.exml

------IconOff.png

------IconOn.png

--Squad

Note this contradicts the installation instructions. Don't know what the deal is, but this works for me and installing per the instructions does not.

(Spot on, and very nicely explained)

The "deal" is that the generic instructions on the SpacePort are for KSP verisons up to 0.19. From v0.20 onwards the places to put files have changed to the format you described, but, as of now, the SpacePort hasn't updated it's instructions.

Put the CrewManifest directory (and everything under it) in the GameData directory, *not* the Plugins directory:

Kerbal Space Program/

-GameData/

--CrewManifest/

---Plugins/

----CrewManifest.dll

----PluginData/

-----CrewManifest/

------config.exml

------IconOff.png

------IconOn.png

--Squad

Note this contradicts the installation instructions. Don't know what the deal is, but this works for me and installing per the instructions does not.

thanks for the suggestion but thats how i had it installed

I don't think I have installed crew manifest correctly.

I copied the dll file into the plugin subdirectory and the plugin data into the plugin data subdirectory, but nothing is happening.

I get one button in the space center and that is a question mark in a box.

Are there supposed to be parts? There weren't any in the zip file.

Am I supposed to edit the cfg files for all the parts?

I don't think I have installed crew manifest correctly.

I copied the dll file into the plugin subdirectory and the plugin data into the plugin data subdirectory, but nothing is happening.

I get one button in the space center and that is a question mark in a box.

Are there supposed to be parts? There weren't any in the zip file.

Am I supposed to edit the cfg files for all the parts?

See posts above you. Long story is that the install instructions on Spaceport are for KSP 0.19 and are now outdated, now you simply put all those files into the Gamedata subdirectory, not the plugin subdirectory. And no the mod doesn't come with any parts to attach to your craft or any config edits, it just comes working right out of the GameData subdirectory.

See posts above you. Long story is that the install instructions on Spaceport are for KSP 0.19 and are now outdated, now you simply put all those files into the Gamedata subdirectory, not the plugin subdirectory. And no the mod doesn't come with any parts to attach to your craft or any config edits, it just comes working right out of the GameData subdirectory.

I have reinstalled exactly as shown above and I am still not getting the button.

I am using Version 0.21 on Windows 7.

I have reinstalled exactly as shown above and I am still not getting the button.

I am using Version 0.21 on Windows 7.

!!!!Finally found the problem!!!!

Apparently you have to run KSP as administrator.

If you just run it normally it won't load Kerbal Crew Manifest.

Windows 7 has a real bug about that.

You can spend ages trying to find out why something doesn't work the way it should, only to find out that you only had to run the program as administrator and it will work fine.

!!!!Finally found the problem!!!!

Apparently you have to run KSP as administrator.

If you just run it normally it won't load Kerbal Crew Manifest.

Windows 7 has a real bug about that.

You can spend ages trying to find out why something doesn't work the way it should, only to find out that you only had to run the program as administrator and it will work fine.

Interesting. It's probably an issue with folder permissions then. I hate permission issues >.<

I'm working on adding the roster to the astronaut complex. I have it working, but I can't get the changes to update in the Astronaut Complex GUI. I'll continue to look into it. Hopefully I can get it working.

Hi, I have KSP v0.20.2. I dowloaded the latest version of this mod, the icons show up on my space center screen; however, it doesn't show in the launch pad screen. Please if anyone has a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

It's probably hidden behind other UI elements. Try moving it to the right.

If you watch the debug log this plugin spams a exception error in the log. Checked with clean install and once the crew manifest dll is removed from game the exception error stops. unfournately it gives no other information other than exception error.

"After futher testing the error crops up only after I alt-tab out of KSP from Flight screen. and the exception is a NULL VALUE EXCEPTION. "

Edited by Stavell

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.