[0.21.1] Ordan Industries Telescope! Last Updated August 23, 2013!

hubbazoot

Why are there three kerbals stowed away on the big telescope, invisible until it crashes and they show up dead in the launch report?

Edit: I added "crewcapacity = 0" (or whatever it is that the probe cores have) to the telescope and now there are no kerbal passengers.

Edited by strongest_2hu

Unfortunately, for me, it doesn't really react to moving around by WASD

I dialed the sensitivity way down, otherwise it'd be impossible to see anything when you actually *did* zoom in. Physics timewarp helps move it faster, though.

So, theoretically - If I use mechjeb to point this "TARGET+" and activate the physics warp, it will eventually get a fix? And then it will hold the body in view?

Is it possible to get out of the camera view by hot key or something?

Edited by GavinZac

Awesome mod! I got a cool shot of Laythe and Tylo from LKO! :D

Here's my NOVA 1 telescope on it's way to a Duna fly-by:

ie1VJhh.png

And NOVA 2, an improved NOVA with it's own propulsion system and integrated SASAS. In this shot it's leaving Kerbin on a duna intercept course, where it will circularize on it's own on a 65° orbit around Duna, to provide cool shots of almost all the planetary surface and serve as a comsat for a future manned mission:

YcF4OeZ.png

Is this pack ever going to be expanded in the future? I would love to see more telescopes that aren't all one part so people could make their own larger telescopes.

Maybe. I really haven't had time to work on it lately.

I can't see to get this to work right for some reason. I am using the telescope part and it initially seems to work. I can find Duna/Eve, but even at full zoom they are tiny (nothing like the screenshots). Dres, Jool, etc aren't visible at all. Like Minmus in the sky of Kerbin tiny. BOSS doesn't show up or function either. Got everything assigned to keys.

Is there a settings trick to it or something?

Are you sure it's full zoom? I find myself surprised at the planets being 'beyond' the stars (you zoom in so far that the starfield skydome becomes a blurry mess, while the planet is sharply rendered.

Are you sure it's full zoom? I find myself surprised at the planets being 'beyond' the stars (you zoom in so far that the starfield skydome becomes a blurry mess, while the planet is sharply rendered.

The starfield is pretty low resolution.

I can't see to get this to work right for some reason. I am using the telescope part and it initially seems to work. I can find Duna/Eve, but even at full zoom they are tiny (nothing like the screenshots). Dres, Jool, etc aren't visible at all. Like Minmus in the sky of Kerbin tiny. BOSS doesn't show up or function either. Got everything assigned to keys.

Is there a settings trick to it or something?

What part are you using?

There are 2 parts in this mod, a small 0.625meter telescope (located in science tab) and a big telescope that looks kinda like the hubble (this one is located in pods tab).

If that's not the case here maybe you have the mod installed wrong? Could be why BOSS gui wont come up.

Yea, definitely in full zoom. If I try to zoom in any further all it does is "bounce" like it has hit a limiter.

What part are you using?

There are 2 parts in this mod, a small 0.625meter telescope (located in science tab) and a big telescope that looks kinda like the hubble (this one is located in pods tab).

If that's not the case here maybe you have the mod installed wrong? Could be why BOSS gui wont come up.

It is the 0.625m telescope. I've tried redownloading and reinstalling the mod several times, same result.

This is Eve at full zoom from a 150km orbit around Kerbin.

2vxojo4.png

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but I think maybe the difference is a matter of whether the planet(s) you're looking at are in conjunction or opposition - that is, are they close to Kerbin in their orbits, or far away, when you're trying to observe them?

It is the 0.625m telescope.

I remember the small telescope having a maximum zoom of about 20 "clicks," which is not really enough to see anything. If you use the big telescope, the one from the command section, it will keep zooming in past your ability to hold the camera steady on your target. It can take some very nice pictures.

The readme says "If you have RemoteTech, you can use the "OrdanInd_Telescope_RemoteTech" folder to support RemoteTech modules." However, the current download doesn't have any such folder.

Partially supported feature. I'm working on it :)

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but I think maybe the difference is a matter of whether the planet(s) you're looking at are in conjunction or opposition - that is, are they close to Kerbin in their orbits, or far away, when you're trying to observe them?

Fair point and one I hadn't considered. When that screenshot is taken, Eve is "forward" of Kerbin. If Kerbin is at 12 o'clock, then Eve is about 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock (depending which way round you go).

I remember the small telescope having a maximum zoom of about 20 "clicks," which is not really enough to see anything. If you use the big telescope, the one from the command section, it will keep zooming in past your ability to hold the camera steady on your target. It can take some very nice pictures.

I've not tried the big one, as I prefer to build my own than use a pre-made piece. Would there be any way to get the small telescope to have the same zoom level? Will check it out in a new save though and see what it does.

Edit: Just checked and the big telescope does give me really beautiful close-up shots. :D Seems the small telescope has some sort of limit on its zoom level. Any way to get it the same as the big telescope?

Edited by Fourjays

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.