(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

What about the orientation? The "front" ends up being through the roof of the part. Reason I ask is because when I attach this to Hooligans airship mod the pitch controls don't work with the navball being off.

What about the orientation? The "front" ends up being through the roof of the part. Reason I ask is because when I attach this to Hooligans airship mod the pitch controls don't work with the navball being off.

Sorry do you mean in IVA?? the IVA is the stock cupola, which squad has admitted has some issues.

If you have a look at the image I posted on page 69 it shows it pointing towards the ground. If I orientate it forward then the navball ends up pointing up. Here is what happens if I go into SPH, add the part, reorientate and launch. Note that navball.

fvwbDCu.jpg

If you have a look at the image I posted on page 69 it shows it pointing towards the ground. If I orientate it forward then the navball ends up pointing up. Here is what happens if I go into SPH, add the part, reorientate and launch. Note that navball.

fvwbDCu.jpg

Ahh yes

This is purely down the cupola IVA that I am using for the pod - it faces up or down, not like a normal pod.

Feel free to alter the config file to use the MK1pod internal or similar until I get an update uploaded, been so busy at work I havent even been able to launch KSP...

Devogen, even using the MK1pod internal has the navball incorrect.

Really? half brown an half blue on my version of KSP..

very strange.. is this after update to 0.20.2 or before? I have not got the new patch yet. We'll figure it out dont worry, guys,

it was probably just a bad rotation when I imported it into Unity, and I probably corrected it and didnt drag it under a parented object with a reset

rotation, so the bad rotation followed through to the game.. my bad. Whats got me is why I don't get the problem! how bizarre how bizarre

It's the first time it's happened to me in any of the cockpits ive made, I was probably tired and made a stupid mistake somewhere, I really shouldnt

make mods at 3am ! :)

Edited by Devo

Thats actually quite amusing. If you go IVA then you're on your back looking up when the pod is facing forward using the mk1cockpit. I can't see anything in the cfg that defines orientation so I'm guessing it is implicit to the model.

Did find a work around. Start with a probe body, attach the freelancer pod to that, and source a kerbal from elsewhere. That gives me a navball facing in the correct direction and the balloon pitch controls work properly

Thats actually quite amusing. If you go IVA then you're on your back looking up when the pod is facing forward using the mk1cockpit. I can't see anything in the cfg that defines orientation so I'm guessing it is implicit to the model.

Did find a work around. Start with a probe body, attach the freelancer pod to that, and source a kerbal from elsewhere. That gives me a navball facing in the correct direction and the balloon pitch controls work properly

Internals and External views are not on the same axis, the internal sort of faces the left side of the cockpit... it's a very very wierd way that squad set it up, I still wonder why to be honest, but like most hiccups here, i'm sure there's a technical excuse in waiting for that question :) As for the problem, it probably is implicit to the model, it purely is down to the direction it is export in from Unity, easy to fix, very easy.

I haven't had a great chance to play with sirkut's internal, but its friday night (woo hoo) so am going to get a fair bit done tonight, thanks for being patient guys

Do what you think is the best. If you have better things to do by all means do them. And some people do seem to prefer the quick and dirty method, though I wouldn't guess its the majority.

That having been said, your stuff as is really stands out from anything else you can get for KSP. And not only in looks either (though im sure youd get plenty of downloads based on how your stuff looks) but for the great functionality. The WT-51 has become the backbone of my colony program. Ive replaced most my ground logistics on Kerbin with the freelance rover (BTW, due to that things initial weight distribution it makes a great little tow truck)

And even when you 'break stock balance' its done with taste. True, as you stated yourself, the engines on the wt-51 are a bit overpowered, but to me using it does NOT feel cheaterish. You still have to be a modestly decent pilot to get it launched right, and that's perfect.

ok...I stop blabbing now, either way, your work is awesome, thank you, I know myself and many others in the KSP community really appreciate all the hard work you do so that we can have awesome scifi ships!!!

Do what you think is the best. If you have better things to do by all means do them. And some people do seem to prefer the quick and dirty method, though I wouldn't guess its the majority.

That having been said, your stuff as is really stands out from anything else you can get for KSP. And not only in looks either (though im sure youd get plenty of downloads based on how your stuff looks) but for the great functionality. The WT-51 has become the backbone of my colony program. Ive replaced most my ground logistics on Kerbin with the freelance rover (BTW, due to that things initial weight distribution it makes a great little tow truck)

And even when you 'break stock balance' its done with taste. True, as you stated yourself, the engines on the wt-51 are a bit overpowered, but to me using it does NOT feel cheaterish. You still have to be a modestly decent pilot to get it launched right, and that's perfect.

ok...I stop blabbing now, either way, your work is awesome, thank you, I know myself and many others in the KSP community really appreciate all the hard work you do so that we can have awesome scifi ships!!!

I'll be honest, I have enjoyed making the freelancer stuff and the WT-51/pegasus Waaay more than making stuff from TV and movies. It's more fun to give people something to fly or drive that they have never seen before. It's very hard in this game to recreate things like massive star destroyers... or biodomes.. or all that stuff, when the game engine itself really needs serious plugin power to make anything like that happen in the way it would in a movie. Until squad implement all the cool plugins people have made as standard stuff, it will always be, pardon my french, a sh*tfight trying to replicate Movie ships in a realistic manner or to a point I'm really happy with.

So yeah instead of focusing on the movie and TV stuff ill prob just do more original stuff I think, it's more rewarding.

Dont worry the Sulaco, APC and dropship will of course be released. All in one pack! Thats why the delay now. VTOl rotation is sorted, so now its just a time thing.. My kids want a cat so we are off kitten shopping tomorrow,

and i need a break from modding.. its 3am as i sit here and type this, been on the pc since 6pm when i got home form work and my wife went to work. :/

time for bed!

Hello,

You mentioned that you updated the WT-51, where can i find such update?

Thanks.

Not updated, it was fixed and then 0.20.2 broke it again ... /facepalm, so i am now fixing all the nodes back up..

meanwhile, the freelancer is fixed, here is the pack here...

1.2 Update notes:

â€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€

* Fixed Navball issue with it pointing upward.

* Added custom IVA, courtesy of Sirkut. Gadgets to come soon

* Added custom fuel tank containing liquid and mono, to suit the pod

* Added Wayland Flag to the pack.

* Fixed rear node not connecting up

* Tested on 0.20.2

* Hatch is fixed, but you cannot EVA unless the hatch is open.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-20-freelancer-command-pod-mk2-wayland-corp/

image.php?id=A1FD_51A97443&jpgimage.php?id=CD3E_51A97443&jpg[image.php?id=5B7A_51A97443&jpgimage.php?id=6C3A_51A97443&jpgimage.php?id=7B39_51A97465&jpgimage.php?id=F120_51A97465&jpgimage.php?id=D917_51A97465&jpgimage.php?id=EBF9_51A97465&jpg

Is there any kind of official checklist for which of the Wayland group mods have been fixed/updated for .20 yet?

Yeah, I will get around to it, so far only the Egg, forklift, Freelancer pod and Rover are for 0.20, WT-51 is next, dropship then aPC

how did you go with those wheels i sent you?

image.php?id=2C2A_51A990DB&jpg

I saw this video in Lacks thread. It would be perfect for the Eagles' side doors for docking.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24906-LLL-Lack-Luster-Labs-0-09-9?p=413092&viewfull=1#post413092

Yeah telescopic hatches are not really that tricky, just gotta make the hatch a child of the door and have it move with it.

TBH Tommy, getting pretty over it, might talk to you in PM's about it not here.

Yeah, I will get around to it, so far only the Egg, forklift, Freelancer pod and Rover are for 0.20, WT-51 is next, dropship then aPC

how did you go with those wheels i sent you?

To be honest I haven't really even touched KSP aside from a little bit of stock part dinking around since about the time .20 came out. At about that same time my copy of KSP 19 got corrupted/bugged somehow to the point of not being useable. Stupid thing already barely worked anyway. I had to ramp the graphics way back to get the SOB to load properly with all the mods. But since just before .20 came out it started crashing randomly every 20-30 minutes or so. And every time I even so much as approached something on landing, whatever was already on the ground was disappearing or exploding. I lost the SHADO base that way. I finally threw up my hands and deleted the whole damn folder.

And speaking of the mods, I'm really just kind of waiting for there to be a comprehensive overall fix and guide to installation of everything. A simplified step by step procedure that will allow me to re-install all the up-to-date mods there are and confirm they're working without me having to reload the game over and over and over again.

Hope I'm not coming off as temperamental. I'm actually just being patient and waiting for things to get fixed to the point where I don't have to do a lot of the fixing myself. But KSP .20 Really did break an amazing amount of things that were my favorites. Wayland stuff, Bobcat stuff, Novapunch, B9.

Some of it is coming back already. LLL parts has some good stuff. And you're working on some good things too.

But bottom line - the Eagle is my baby. And until there's an official fix for that, I have little enthusiasm for working on getting any of the above re-installed.

But don't worry! When that happens, I'll be back with a vengeance!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.