(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

So last night and a little bit of today I decided to learn how to use Blender & Unity to create IVAs.

I configured it so it has a minimum of 2 crew so I could see the left and right seat view). Here's a screenshot of me turning to the right a little bit to show the scale issues but I really do enjoy this view! I haven't had a chance yet but I was thinking of putting some props in the windshield as a HUD. If anyone is interested I'll be more than happy to share the internals provided that devogen doesn't mind.

vBkPvHK.png

I also created one for the pod.

uRzQAZ5.png

Good stuff!

No problems at all, share away! me included :)

Hey guys. Just to let you know I'm still here. Took a bit of a break. Waiting for all the mods that I used to use to be updated to .20. (Not just the Wayland stuff.) So I'm still here. Just doing some stuff over in Star Trek Online and 1-2 other MMOs that I frequent.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast! :D

So last night and a little bit of today I decided to learn how to use Blender & Unity to create IVAs.

I configured it so it has a minimum of 2 crew so I could see the left and right seat view). Here's a screenshot of me turning to the right a little bit to show the scale issues but I really do enjoy this view! I haven't had a chance yet but I was thinking of putting some props in the windshield as a HUD. If anyone is interested I'll be more than happy to share the internals provided that devogen doesn't mind.

Question; when you make the IVA textures, the initial drawing, they're higher resolution than that, right? At what point do they become really pixellated and blurry?

Question; when you make the IVA textures, the initial drawing, they're higher resolution than that, right? At what point do they become really pixellated and blurry?

Good question. All I'm doing in Unity is creating a game object called seat (rightseat, leftseat in the case of the rover). I then use coordinates that point in the right direction. What you are seeing is actually the wayland exterior part.

Those are my textures in there.

I am currently doing my textures at 768x768 to try and keep the memory usage down, and I find 512x512 is a little low.

If you set your graphics rendering down, the texture suffers greatly to improve the games performance. This is alot of the reason you will not see very fancy textures on the Squad stock parts, they are

all usually specular or diffused or plain bumped. Specular Normal maps lose alot of detail when you drop the render setting, it's just a sad fact.

I could alternatively make all my textures the standard Grey/White/Black etc that seems to be the popular choice, I am starting to do multiple textures for each mod when I make them to save time later on, so

Iwill try and include some more basic textures that wont bomb out on low graphics settings.

Devo, for HTV, I did three textures, a white flag with a red dot in the middle for the japanese flag, I did a simple rough foil map, and then I took a high quality picture of a piece of sort of wrinkled paper, and the HTV interior looks pretty well, according to some.

Devo, for HTV, I did three textures, a white flag with a red dot in the middle for the japanese flag, I did a simple rough foil map, and then I took a high quality picture of a piece of sort of wrinkled paper, and the HTV interior looks pretty well, according to some.

Sorry Im not getting the relevance to the previous conversation?

@Logan, have you got the new STO Expansion Romulus yet?

Thanks devogen for allowing me to share this with everyone. Hopefully you will enjoy the view. Here's the file so you can use IVAs for both the Freelancer FL-1 Rover and the Command Pod MK2.

http://www./download/8ltg7uunq34sz7c/sirkut.zip

For those that don't know how to install this:

1. Unzip in the GameData directory.

2. Go to your KSP directory \GameData\WaylandCorp\Parts\Command

3. Pick Wayland_FL2-RoverBody and change in the part.cfg

CrewCapacity = 1

INTERNAL

{

name = cupolaInternal

}

to

CrewCapacity = 2

INTERNAL

{

name =sirkutrover

}

For the pod, change the internal name to: sirkutpod

Edited by sirkut

Those are my textures in there.

I am currently doing my textures at 768x768 to try and keep the memory usage down, and I find 512x512 is a little low.

If you set your graphics rendering down, the texture suffers greatly to improve the games performance. This is alot of the reason you will not see very fancy textures on the Squad stock parts, they are

all usually specular or diffused or plain bumped. Specular Normal maps lose alot of detail when you drop the render setting, it's just a sad fact.

I could alternatively make all my textures the standard Grey/White/Black etc that seems to be the popular choice, I am starting to do multiple textures for each mod when I make them to save time later on, so

Iwill try and include some more basic textures that wont bomb out on low graphics settings.

I just think this particular example is a bad way to design your textures, because as you said, you can't effectively use a resolution high enough to show the detail and you end up with an ugly blurry mess. It would be better, like in the Mk.2 Lander Can IVA, just to have a visually clean blank dashboard.

PIPeGHG.jpg

Just some constructive feedback.

comham, one thing to keep in mind is these pods weren't originally designed to have IVAs. Personally I don't care because I'll be placing props in place of some of the pixelated panels as I have more free time.

Sorry Im not getting the relevance to the previous conversation?

@Logan, have you got the new STO Expansion Romulus yet?

Hey, I didn't know you guys were on STO! I haven't been on in ages, but I might give it another go... :D

On the Test Pilot- Er... Driver side of things...

The new rover wheels work very nicely, and the "Ute" is still awesome... but I have had some trouble with the APC. First off, the wheels don't seem to attach right...

X80vFfs.jpg

Here you can see I set them up right in the SPH...

bSmBaFT.png

Wha? Did you make Magic Moving Wheels Devo???

azjoHwI.jpg

Finally got them to "appear" right by setting them up this way...

The other thing... the APC does not move... I could not get it to do anything other than turn a bit. The wheels spin, and use power etc. even the brakes worked, but I got very little motive power out of them. Don't have any idea whats causing it either, I took a look at the configs and everything seems right... Other than that... the APC looks good!

EDIT...

Forgot about the new KSP update to too.... LOL I wonder what will be messed up now? :confused: Maybe they'll have fixed some of the bugs... *fingers crossed.

Edited by UltraVires

Hey, I didn't know you guys were on STO! I haven't been on in ages, but I might give it another go... :D

On the Test Pilot- Er... Driver side of things...

The new rover wheels work very nicely, and the "Ute" is still awesome... but I have had some trouble with the APC. First off, the wheels don't seem to attach right...

X80vFfs.jpg

Here you can see I set them up right in the SPH...

bSmBaFT.png

Wha? Did you make Magic Moving Wheels Devo???

azjoHwI.jpg

Finally got them to "appear" right by setting them up this way...

The other thing... the APC does not move... I could not get it to do anything other than turn a bit. The wheels spin, and use power etc. even the brakes worked, but I got very little motive power out of them. Don't have any idea whats causing it either, I took a look at the configs and everything seems right... Other than that... the APC looks good!

EDIT...

Forgot about the new KSP update to too.... LOL I wonder what will be messed up now? :confused: Maybe they'll have fixed some of the bugs... *fingers crossed.

No, they are not set up right in the hangar, you have the C facing up. try and get the C facing the normal way, it sort of looks like the C64 logo

Awesome Stuff ya made!!

The look and feel of your mods really put a smile on my face! Im 33 and a huge sci-fi buff, something i get from my dad. And the functionality is brilliant.

the WT-51 is the first SSTO craft i have ever gotten into a good orbit (only one that was useful to how i play at least) its gonna look perfect dropin of colony nodes on duna! Ive also got the freelance rover and pods, and just downloaded the Pegasus shuttle, see how she flys.

Don't get me wrong, i love the whole 'retro space race' look the stock parts and others have.

But as a sci-fi junkie im happy to see stuff like this, and looking forward to any future project you may do

not sure if its just me but, as of 0.20 the WT-51 doesn't work. Im assuming it just doesn't work, so if you guys had time you should do a quick update for that :D <3 and if its just me does anyone know how to fix?

not sure if its just me but, as of 0.20 the WT-51 doesn't work. Im assuming it just doesn't work, so if you guys had time you should do a quick update for that :D <3 and if its just me does anyone know how to fix?

Im updating it now, my upload speed is terrible :(

Use these values in the part cfg's. Devogen, I apologize in advance if I'm overstepping but I figure I could at least help them out until you get things squared away.

NOTE: Comment out the original like using "//" just in case you want to revert back.

Rover -> node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.01, -0.0620, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0

Pod -> node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0320, -0.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0

Use these values in the part cfg's. Devogen, I apologize in advance if I'm overstepping but I figure I could at least help them out until you get things squared away.

NOTE: Comment out the original like using "//" just in case you want to revert back.

Rover -> node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.01, -0.0620, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0

Pod -> node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0320, -0.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

I have had some internet woes yesterday and today, so right now my phone is about the only thing working.. have some technicians looking at it today so hopefully It's fixed when I get home tonight...

I can work off the mobile connection and tether my phone, but it's still pretty slow, so worst case scenario Ill do that.

The Rover Node was simply a remnant, I in no way used it or planned to use it and should have removed it from the config.

Ill get the spaceport upload fixed if I can and re-upload, luckily the rover body is small in size physically, im not sure on my current connection I could upload the WT-51 update, which actually has it flying much better than it did before.

Anyone who has an issue with overpowered RCS thrusters, get used to it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.