[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Actually, it's all launched using Ares V launcers in pieces and docked. the MTA (in the picture) is 3 sections docked together in orbit (booster, lander segment and crew compartment).

This video shows the full program concept, be sure to take not of the number of launches in the green captions, they don't show every one:

Soon im update Soviet and American pack and include fresh version plugins and updated cfg. (KAS and TASAS)

About MTV... its possible but not soon.

Now we concentrate find all bugs and good balancing to parts in next update American pack.

Edited by BobCat

Hey BobCat, I know its a stupid question...but why do the Soyuz apcecraft and the Progress spacecraft weight MORE then real life counterparts?And why has the central engine of the Soyuz got 800kN thrust?That is double the thrust from a lateral, whilst the difference should be some 10-15% at most...

dimovski Because this game does not have a tenth of those systems of control of the ship which is in real life.

For example separate control engine thrust.

At the beginning of our rocket Soyuz U had several types of engines, big engines were not gimbal range and the small steering nozzle asked vector of spacecraft motion. As in real life.

But as expected the good ideas were not possible due to technical limitations game.

I can talk about this for a long time, and why I'm doing this way and not otherwise. But perhaps I umeschayas all in one sentence, I do Adoni to them was a pleasure to play.

In this version of the game, trying to make an exact copy of anything that causes this addon turns out not playable.

For example developers have long promised to introduce changes in the response time of the thrust vector (now it is instantaneous, which causes a lot of vibration and yaw in different directions) but so far nothing has been done.

And you have to wait nabratsya patience and hope that the Squad listen to the requests of the developers of addons.

It's a problem with KSP flight physics. FAR could probably be used to fix that (and that has it's own problems), but other than that, I don't think there's a remedy.

I got it to work flying it manually, just had to keep the throttle down to about 60-70% and did my gravity turn at about 34km up.

This was on the Soyuz rocket too, running the rocket at full throttle once you get over 7-10km just doesn't work.

I got it to work flying it manually, just had to keep the throttle down to about 60-70% and did my gravity turn at about 34km up.

This was on the Soyuz rocket too, running the rocket at full throttle once you get over 7-10km just doesn't work.

MechJeb, gravity turn at 25km. No other changes. Flies fine for me every time.

The only thing you need to do is NOT turn the craft significantly until you're outside the thickest part of the atmosphere. Otherwise, the game engine using the aerodynamic surfaces of the Kliper will unbalance the craft. Why? Because the Kliper's controls generate significantly more downforce than they do lift. So the surfaces, in the atmosphere, give the craft a huge push down, but cannot offset that huge push with an equivalent "up" force when you want to stop moving downwards, and the gimbaling engine and/or RCS can't offset that initial big push. The problem is solved by not turning until the aerodynamic surfaces have little to no effect on steering.

the MTA (in the picture) is 3 sections docked together in orbit (booster, lander segment and crew compartment).

It is not lander segment, it's separate fuel tank segment.

A reasonable faximily should be possible with the parts in-game already... Let me see what I can do....

Okay, not to scale as it's only 2.5m, or robust enough really (it bends in the middle right now) but it proves it's not impossible. If people are interested in trying it I can work on a 3.75m version. It needs Fusty's CBMs, BACE inflatable habitat with a replacement part.cfg for 0.20 compatibility, some parts from NovaPunch and KW Rocketry.

D5D65232A852A782AE7E1C84B29779486C9C6A00

2B7D4AF226A7A3B2E3F95BFDD28EC400DF428B86

Has the issue with the Kliper randomly flipping into an unfixable spin been fixed? As it stands I can't use it at all regardless of what launcher I use, Soviet Pack or otherwise.
Removing AdvSASToggle fixed it for me. After that you just have to raise the gravity turn a bit, 10-15KM and it flies perfectly fine.

Okay, not to scale as it's only 2.5m, or robust enough really (it bends in the middle right now) but it proves it's not impossible. If people are interested in trying it I can work on a 3.75m version. It needs Fusty's CBMs, BACE inflatable habitat with a replacement part.cfg for 0.20 compatibility, some parts from NovaPunch and KW Rocketry.

D5D65232A852A782AE7E1C84B29779486C9C6A00

2B7D4AF226A7A3B2E3F95BFDD28EC400DF428B86

You could use the Lionhead Circular Solar Panels for that and map ISA's Attenta for the bottom relay?