[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Im have old PC (4gb RAM and 512 Video memory) and allways use Sovietpack + American pack + KAS + Khetane and no any problem here, but im try solve this problem.

Try + KW pack + Novapunch + Mechjeb + Universer replacer + AIES pack + Stock Expansion Pack... I think you get it :P

Im have old PC (4gb RAM and 512 Video memory) and allways use Sovietpack + American pack + KAS + Khetane and no any problem here, but im try solve this problem.

I have a similar system but more Video memory; the problem for me was the operating system, WinXP. When I upgraded to Win7 recently, I could run KSP and your Soviet Pack again. Much earlier in this thread (click my user name to see) I was getting fatal crashes trying to use the Soviet Pack even with nothing else installed, even trying to load the game. That's not to say that some of the suggested solutions here aren't worthy, and optimization is always good! But for me WinXP was the major hurdle.

However! I still have a few little problems... The included complete Mir craft file is good, as is the sub-assemblies for the rockets and some of the payloads. But there's still no completed Klipper craft file unfortunately. Also I just cannot get Mechjeb to complete a rendezvous with the Buran; it plots the course correctly but on the last .5 m/s thrust it moves the target pip again, and the Buran starts spinning to try and track a new course. Once it finds the new course, it loses it again and spins to a different angle once more, thus never being able to start the intercept, and eventually running out of fuel. Does no one else have this problem, or if they did, how did they solve it please?

I haven't yet installed the rockets themselves, but I did pluck the rover parts out of the American pack. The old moonbuggy works fine, though a top speed of 8m/s is a bit too slow for my tastes. The new one, however...I may just be missing a dependency elsewhere in the pack, as I did merely install the parts pertaining to the rovers and nothing else, but the pod for it crashes my game.

No matter, the chassis works, and I built this on that chassis instead:

I4DqyCM.jpg

I played the Buran last night. It works good. Just that there is no rs rotation ( didn't try translation there might be an issue there too ). Other then that its fine. Flys like a champ in atmosphere. Now there's the only issue as to why the windows are tinted yellow lol. Idk if this is intended BobCat because you can barely see out of them.

im lost motivation make rovers and home stuff... too much exlellent part already exist. Now im concentrate in historical stuff.

Im try remake Moonbase NASA program and NASA constellation program.

Also im integrate to Soviet and American pack new life support system.

Edited by BobCat

im lost motivation make rovers and home stuff... too much exlellent part already exist. Now im concentrate in historical stuff.

Im try remake Moonbase NASA program and NASA constellation program.

Also im integrate to Soviet and American pack new life support system.

That's awesome :) Could we hope for more stuff from the USSR? You and MrTheBull are practically the only modders who provide Soviet/Russian spacecraft. Not that I'm suggesting anything - :cough: Òõýõрð :cough: ;)

That's awesome :) Could we hope for more stuff from the USSR? You and MrTheBull are practically the only modders who provide Soviet/Russian spacecraft. Not that I'm suggesting anything - :cough: Òõýõрð :cough: ;)

That moment when you realize that there is a LOT more soviet/russian stuff on these forums than there is american stuff.

Heh, and what ideas on USSR\Russian spacecraft we can wait? UR-700\900? N1F? Angara? Non ralized project for lunar flight by making ship on earth orbit? Or only crafts that were made IRL?

Maybe nuclear engines? or engines working on exploding nuclear warheads behind ship?

Bobcat will do whatever he wants, I'm just pointing out that not so many modders are interesting in Soviet spacecraft. How many Apollo/Saturn/STS mods there are? Besides, you can easily do American stuff with vanilla. Or I am just biased and I think Soviet manned spacecraft are cooler :) Though thanks to Yogui we have Viking, Voyager, Mars probes and in the near future probably Cassini/Huygens as well, so you can't say that the USA is worse off.

Bobcat will do whatever he wants, I'm just pointing out that not so many modders are interesting in Soviet spacecraft. How many Apollo/Saturn/STS mods there are? Besides, you can easily do American stuff with vanilla. Or I am just biased and I think Soviet manned spacecraft are cooler :) Though thanks to Yogui we have Viking, Voyager, Mars probes and in the near future probably Cassini/Huygens as well, so you can't say that the USA is worse off.

But vanilla is ugly

And I seen many apollo landers and other stuff, but the modder just gives up and forgets about it, I remember someone making a apollo lander and a saturn 5 in 0.20, but he hasn't updated it or finish the textures. And the CSS is really broken. Plus a lot more mods can be added

The point is, if bobcat makes something he will finish it and update it.

The point is, if bobcat makes something he will finish it and update it.

Sure thing. Don't understand me badly, I would love to see more USA stuff (Cygnus, anyone? Skylab?) - it's just that considering how most of the materials about Soviet spacecraft is avaible, well, in Russian, and all NASA materials are in English and all over the Internet, we (the community) are really lucky to have someone with easy access to this knowledge and talent. That is, Bobcat and MrTheBull.

BobCat is in process of fixing the CSS, so it's possible it'll be released without those bugs. :) Someday. There's a good Saturn I and Saturn V. MrTheBull is making the Apollo LM+CSM, so there'll be something to put atop them. And you're all forgetting about Frizzank, who's making the entire Gemini-Titan and Mercury programs, and about Blazing Angel and Chimer4, who created United Launch Alliance pack (hopefully, it'll someday expand to cover the entire Delta family and Atlases up from II). That's plenty of American stuff. There's also an entire Japanese Launch Vehicle pack on Spaceport, dunno why it doesn't have a thread (I'd start one, but I'm not sure if I should), but it's great.

BobCat is in process of fixing the CSS, so it's possible it'll be released without those bugs. :) Someday. There's a good Saturn I and Saturn V. MrTheBull is making the Apollo LM+CSM, so there'll be something to put atop them. And you're all forgetting about Frizzank, who's making the entire Gemini-Titan and Mercury programs, and about Blazing Angel and Chimer4, who created United Launch Alliance pack (hopefully, it'll someday expand to cover the entire Delta family and Atlases up from II). That's plenty of American stuff. There's also an entire Japanese Launch Vehicle pack on Spaceport, dunno why it doesn't have a thread (I'd start one, but I'm not sure if I should), but it's great.

I never heard of the ULA pack, and I thought MrTheBull only made soviet stuff.

I just really want constellation

I never heard of the ULA pack, and I thought MrTheBull only made soviet stuff.

I just really want constellation

Take an hour and peruse the add-on release forum. I do that every now and then to see what new add-ons have been made, and what has a lot of dust. ;)

Constellation? You've got BobCat's American Pack for that. :) MrTheBull recently posted some Apollo WIPs, and ULA thread recently resurfaced.

Constellation? You've got BobCat's American Pack for that. :)

What kind of Constellation are you taking about?

The kind that katateochi did? link-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp6yj2k0Fpc

Because there's a lot more that needs to be added