[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Oh guys, and I've forgotten to mention one more thing - BobCat is preparing a major revision of his packs, and as part of it he renamed all his parts so they don't include spaces anymore. This allows to use MM to add/remove modules without messing with the configs themselves, but it WILL break all existing saves. I'm giving you this heads-up so you'd know what to expect from an update and be prepared for it.

To quote a person from another thread for those complaining:

For those who are confused about Module manager, I'll try to break it down in it's simplest form... I know I was a little confused for a while myself. Basically what it does is allow you to create a .cfg file you can list parts in the game and change their values without actually messing with the original part. The main reason modders like it, is you can have multiple mods change things on the same part and none of them will conflict unless 2 or more mods change the same value... like electric charge in the Mk2 command pod or such. The great thing about it is, if you don't like the change a mod made, you can simply delete the .cfg file the modder had made. Otherwise, if the modder changed the actual part, then your left trying to find the part in your back up folder... assuming you made one.

As far as the nuts and bolts of how it works, you basically call up the part you want to change, then list the property you want to change or add, then list the value. I good example would be johnsonwax's link on post #458. I hope this helps to clear things up.

Dat comment.

Why not? That's the only non-intrusive way I know to add these capabilities to all pods.

i like being able to edit the new stuff in .cfg files, and thats hard to do with module manager. plus not all the plugins play well with it.

edit: and having everything in .cfg files makes it easier to figure out how to change other mods

Edited by zakkpaz

i like being able to edit the new stuff in .cfg files, and thats hard to do with module manager. plus not all the plugins play well with it.

I have never seen a plugin that would have any sort of porblem whatsoever with MM installed. Infact I had it installed at all times since FAR uses it, and I've tried god knows how many different mods and plugins and none of them had any issues.

edit: and having everything in .cfg files makes it easier to figure out how to change other mods

That makes mod installation a insanely difficult for most of the users, and most of users advanced enough to go into trouble of config-editing are usually know which mods changes what, so that's not really a problem.

That makes mod installation a insanely difficult for most of the users, and most of users advanced enough to go into trouble of config-editing are usually know which mods changes what, so that's not really a problem.

i see your point. i guess config-editing is easier for me then for some people I'll just take the time and figure out how add edit stuff with MM. can i just make one request. make it easy to figure out the values of O2 and CO2, having them in man-hours should help this. not being able to figure this out is the main reason i've stayed away from consumables mods and i'm sure i'm no the only one. thanks for your time

Just have to say this has been an amazing mod!

I have a Mir on earth orbit and building one over the moon with a couple docked LOK modules for landing operations.

I did modify the .cgf files though, to add a mechjab module so I don't have to see those ugly transmitter outside of the beautiful Soyuz spacecraft.

Now I just need to send a Lunokhod around.

I think the only "suggestion" I have is about the Soyuz TMA cockpit, dunno if you guys plan on implementing the new Neptune Panel?

mZk2VTL.jpg

can you revise where the parts are in the tech nodes? i think every part should be like, 2 or more nodes forward in tech, and the lunokhod should be with the rover wheels

I have no insight into what exactly BobCat is changing in configs beyond what I've already told here.

I did modify the .cgf files though, to add a mechjab module so I don't have to see those ugly transmitter outside of the beautiful Soyuz spacecraft.

After update you could just have your very own MM config file that would add whatever you wish :) You won't have to edit BobCat's configs anymore, which also makes updating much easier.

I think the only "suggestion" I have is about the Soyuz TMA cockpit, dunno if you guys plan on implementing the new Neptune Panel?

I've like to have it just as bad as you do :) But it's up to BobCat if and when will he make that happen...

i see your point. i guess config-editing is easier for me then for some people I'll just take the time and figure out how add edit stuff with MM. can i just make one request. make it easy to figure out the values of O2 and CO2, having them in man-hours should help this. not being able to figure this out is the main reason i've stayed away from consumables mods and i'm sure i'm no the only one. thanks for your time

That's exactly why we have at least three different places where remaining time is displayed. It would be hard to miss!

After update you could just have your very own MM config file that would add whatever you wish :) You won't have to edit BobCat's configs anymore, which also makes updating much easier.

I've like to have it just as bad as you do :) But it's up to BobCat if and when will he make that happen...

That MM sounds awesome, and the whole O/CO2 system looks amazing!!!!

Excellent job! Now the Progress have more use than refueling.

I wonder if later on you guys will add general supplies or consumables.

Keep up the good work!

one last thing and then i'll stop bugging you can you add the lights for the regenerator and swichs and everything else on ECLSS panel to the pop up or maybe have them show up if there's a problem even if the pop-ups closed i know its redundant but it would be useful if for people who don't use IVA to much or if you're working the mod on comand pod with out the panel

one last thing and then i'll stop bugging you can you add the lights for the regenerator and swichs and everything else on ECLSS panel to the pop up or maybe have them show up if there's a problem even if the pop-ups closed i know its redundant but it would be useful if for people who don't use IVA to much or if you're working the mod on comand pod with out the panel

Meh, I think the IVA makes it way more immersing and cool.

Don't worry - let me assure you - you won't miss it :) It's displayed (or can be displayed) in just about any mode:

normal flight

UWMpUgj.png

map view

betwjrr.png

IVA

w15R4J2.png

EVA

cmrMCI6.png

and even in the Tracking Station

xLHkIUG.png

And even if despite all of that, you'll somehow manage to miss it, the system will halt the game and kindly display a nice friendly reminder:

P605rag.png

If all of that won't be enough for you, you have a serious problem and should probably see a doctor :)

it also makes it useless for any other pod

Well technically that's just to make IVA more fun for these packs. You don't actually need it for the ECLSS mod to work on other pods. But I will agree that having the IVA ECLSS panel in the other pods would be cool too. As for how that would be done, I think asmi would need to get perms to dl and modify a version of the internals for those pods first. Then he can mod them and re-release them to the general public to enjoy.

Well technically that's just to make IVA more fun for these packs. You don't actually need it for the ECLSS mod to work on other pods. But I will agree that having the IVA ECLSS panel in the other pods would be cool too. As for how that would be done, I think asmi would need to get perms to dl and modify a version of the internals for those pods first. Then he can mod them and re-release them to the general public to enjoy.

Yea - BobCat is working on updating all his pods' IVAs to include that panel, but potential issues with other mods's IVA is one of the reasons we've decided to release the mod as part of BobCat's packs first, and then we'll figure out what to do about the rest of them.

Guess who has 2 thumbs and is ready for awesome life support...

THIS GUY!!!....drat, that dont work so well on forums....

Im sure its been offered but.....if yall need a hand playtesting, balancing, or doing config edits just drop a line, Id me more than happy to assist in any way possible.