FusTek Parts [.20][Munox, Karmony Modules, Station Parts, Docking Nodes] [19.X]

fusty

Heh, nice russian doll setup!

MoFLwZA.png

Small teaser of the CBM overhaul

EDIT: If you can't tell, Bac9 gave me some tips on making my textures pop. And by tips I mean a gorgeous mockup I have been mimicking.

Edited by fusty

@ Sarbian, Yo dawg, I heard you liked payloads, so here's a payload inside a payload inside a cargo bay!

This is awesome! Hey, if you don't mind, can you maybe make a cargo bay with a little more room? I'm trying to fin in a medium-sized rover and it's starting to clip... Or just move to attachment point on the connector cap a bit further out...

Also, I'd suggest trimming down the transport capacity of the modules with cargo bays to say 10 or 12, from 16... Sounds more believable seeing how much of the Munox has been cut off...

Thing is, I didn't make any cuts that would actually shrink the cabin sizes. But I agree, 16 kerbals is ultra-overkill. When you have them all loaded up I notice the crew portraits can lag the game quite easily.

Thing is, I didn't make any cuts that would actually shrink the cabin sizes. But I agree, 16 kerbals is ultra-overkill. When you have them all loaded up I notice the crew portraits can lag the game quite easily.

Based on the amount of windows per side and assuming there's a window on every row of seats, as well as only two seats per side on each row, that would mean a maximum of 12 Kerbals per passenger compartment. Looking at the actual size of the compartment next to a standard command pod however, I'd say it's more like a single seat per side on each row, making it only 6 Kerbals per compartment... A bunch of that space would also go to equipment and other stuff...

Fusty, are you just sprucing up textures for parts, or are new parts/features being implemented for your next update?

Working toward new models + textures. These will not be backward compatible. Reason being new features.

Right click menu toggle button for engaging and disengaging the "angle snap to" feature I'm building into the next CBM's . . .

The new CBM's will have two sets of colliders that are used for mating during docking. One will be the normal flat face you are used to which is great for quick docking when you don't care about the difference in roll angle between the two crafts. The second collider (these will toggle in and out of existence via an animation) will have tapered splines that will guide your ship such that it can only dock in 45* roll increments that line up with the opposing docking port.

Important things to note! A CBM in angle-snap-to mode can only pair with other CBM's (no vanilla ports will work in this mode) in angle snap to mode. I will include a picture of what the two colliders look like tomorrow so you have an idea why there will be a need to be conscious of compatibility when using angle-snap-to mode.

Angle-snap-to mode will be opt-in in a sense. All CBM's as they start on the pad will be in non-angle-snap mode, you will have to via right click menu or action-group toggle the CBM into angle-snap-to mode. I'll probably put some status-light visual cue on the CBM that will let you know what mode you're in. That is if ksp's physx enjoys these smallish colliders I'll be placing in array.

These will not be backward compatible. Reason being new features.

Hmmm, I have a pretty massive 1FPS station using the CBMs. I wonder if i can just modify my persistence file to include the new lines of code for the auto-snap berthing modules, and the change the part name to match.

Whatever happens, still think your station parts are one of the best!

aAF5dm0.jpg

Your parts make up the middle as well as the structure towards the "top" (orientation in space is relative!) with the spaceplanes.

The rest of the station looks like its made with DSM 2.5m adaptor trusses, DSM cargo trusses, Kosmo solar panels and fuselage parts at the "bottom" and I think those are either KSPX or the hybrid+ion addon 2.5m batteries. Can't tell what the docking array with the spaceplanes is constructed out of however.

Edited by shadowsutekh

the new Munox is pretty cool, but would it be possible to get a set of fitted fuel tanks in a future release? I'm picturing a somewhat triangular tank along each side of the hull starting about the top of the red line and angling out a bit to form a flat bottom with the tank on the other side. You would have the option of adding hover engines and landing gear or rover wheels for a munbus type transport. Perhaps matching battery and RCS tanks to really round out the build options. :)

I like the side-tank idea. I'll have to make a small suite of appropriate tanks.

I'm currently experiencing a hard-disk failure on my main work computer. Hopefully this won't slow me down too much, I was making great progress on angle-snapping docking ports :(

K76ypHi.png

Oh well, I'll keep chugging away on my slower computers.

Great work on all your stuff so far bud :)

Now then I got a weird issue. After installing your new Munox Mod I jumped into KSP and hit the VAB to check out the new toys hehe , just imagine my surprise when after selecting only the Munox original capsule and hitting launch I got shot out to desktop...no beeps, no crash log, etc. So cleared the new stuff out, reloaded it and relaunched KSP...same result and the rest of my stuff works just fine, saved or new vehicles all load and launch normally. So I got no clue why I can't use those parts.

Fusty can I make a request?

Would it be possible for you to add a small colored marker on the outside of the ring where you have the grey "barcode" looking lines already marking which side of the port is officially UP? Can be as simple as just changing the color of one of the lines to black or a different grey I guess, but it will make it easier in the VAB to make sure I install the ports with the proper side up lol.

Fusty can I make a request?

Would it be possible for you to add a small colored marker on the outside of the ring where you have the grey "barcode" looking lines already marking which side of the port is officially UP? Can be as simple as just changing the color of one of the lines to black or a different grey I guess, but it will make it easier in the VAB to make sure I install the ports with the proper side up lol.

Yup, good idea, that's a planned feature.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.