Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

I don't know if you have fixed this, but I noticed that it seems like the Runabout is really, really, overpowered. I think the thrust needs to be lowered to like 100, and a custom engine part added. I go 50-60 m/s and then fly out of the water, turning it into a really fast jet. If you can, fix this.

I don't know if you have fixed this, but I noticed that it seems like the Runabout is really, really, overpowered. I think the thrust needs to be lowered to like 100, and a custom engine part added. I go 50-60 m/s and then fly out of the water, turning it into a really fast jet. If you can, fix this.

Thrust on the runabout is 28... 14 per side. Top speed is likely to be under or very near 30. You might be thinking of the old runabout. Also things don't fly so much anymore... still possible, but less prone than before.

Edited by InfiniteDice

I can't wait till he releases those Naval Aircraft parts! Them planes and weapons be sexy! :cool:

OMG... I love it. You could do a battleship pack afterwards, you know, when you're done being Godly and all.

Just watch and be amazed!

Edited by Avalant

So umm, question. Every time I try one of the two pre built Carriers, when it goes to water, it instantly explodes. What do I do?

Check a few pages back... I have some solutions. First one I'd try is putting a few truss parts under it to make it start higher off the runway. Look for my other post, it's more in depth.

It was a long trip out past the island... The ballast system was struggling to maintain the ships posture. But we managed to keep her together as the sun started to set behind us.

346astg.png

After a trip of 76km we finally made it to the King Narwhal II, Jeb was on deck to observe... Let's just say he had to change his shorts after.

124c8so.png

*Sigh* InfiniteDice when will you learn. You give a mouse a cookie and soon he's going to want a torpedo to go along with his new submarine . . . :P.

Well that escalated quickly.

By the way, torpedoes will be released.

Once I get the basic mechanics sorted out... perhaps tonight, I'll put her to sleep and get back to finishing the Aircraft Pack. I dug up some of my old sub test findings as I had this all worked out over 3 months ago. I will be making screws for this, haven't worked out direction I want to go with the fx for them yet though.

Orphican

I'll be using my already created torpedo for internal mockups... the ship will likely just fire them from a store... which will keep track of how many are remaining. There will be some delay between loading, and I think there will be 6 forward tubes.

In lieu of rear facing tubes I'll likely put VLS compartments at the back of the sub, in case people want to launch missiles towards the sky.

Edited by InfiniteDice

Check a few pages back... I have some solutions. First one I'd try is putting a few truss parts under it to make it start higher off the runway. Look for my other post, it's more in depth.

tried the Truss thing, didn't seem to work.

Also be sure you don't have anything else in the water currently. I'd remove everything from the immediate area of the ksc until you find out what the issue is.

I have literally nothing in the water, or on the ground. I did a reset of everything to be safe, still got the issue.

I have literally nothing in the water, or on the ground. I did a reset of everything to be safe, still got the issue.

Watch the game timer when you launch... is it green yellow or red? If there is sufficient lag during launch this can happen. I'll see if I can't help you/others out a bit and adjust some settings in the code. I'll let you know shortly.

For now try making the truss as high as you can.... be silly :) use about 6 or so, and see if that helps.

Watch the game timer when you launch... is it green yellow or red? If there is sufficient lag during launch this can happen. I'll see if I can't help you/others out a bit and adjust some settings in the code. I'll let you know shortly.

For now try making the truss as high as you can.... be silly :) use about 6 or so, and see if that helps.

Your process involving editing the .cfg file for the carrier con tower fixed everything for me.

One thing is that I noticed if I try to land something and I have Deadly Re-Entry running...the arresting cable system will vaporize my aircraft upon landing due to exceeding g-force tolerance...lol, poor Jeb.

Hey ID if I make some boat models do you think you can use them in your boat pack? Im an expert modeler in AutoCAD and 3DSmax :D

Although I have never modeled boats it should be fun

Currently we aren't looking at expanding but any hirings would have to be through messaging InfiniteDice directly. We have actually just downsized so its all up to him.

P.S. TO ALL FANS FOR OUR ADDON: I will be posting some screenshots from InfiniteDice and my most recent Skype chat. So keep you eyes open for that!

Firstly I'd just like to say I've been looking forward to this mod being put back up for so long, and I was overjoyed to hear you had finally updated it and put it back on the Spaceport. Everything is loading fine, crafts aren't exploding, but there is one problem I have, and that's with the "Move to Water" action. This being one of the most important parts of the mod, I'd really like to know how I can get it working, thanks.

Firstly I'd just like to say I've been looking forward to this mod being put back up for so long, and I was overjoyed to hear you had finally updated it and put it back on the Spaceport. Everything is loading fine, crafts aren't exploding, but there is one problem I have, and that's with the "Move to Water" action. This being one of the most important parts of the mod, I'd really like to know how I can get it working, thanks.

Thanks. one or possibly two pages back I posted a few possible solutions. 1) the ship starts too high, you simply need to re-tune the launch coordinates. 2) the ship explodes on the beach and never makes it to the water. You can try adding a few trusses to the bottom of the ship 'balance it on a pole'. I will update the download later on tonight which has further implementations to counteract bad launches.

Thanks for using the mod.

um slight problem with my download i see no ships file with pre-made ships all the parts are there and every part moves. just no prefab carriers, I'm bad at making my own boats all the ones i tried well somehow a part got on the moon :confused:

Edited by ranger22550