Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

Anyone would be envious of that monster.. ;) Yes guys! thanks to Snjo getting interested in this we were able to nail down a solution for the small hangar!

MEGA-CARRIERS will sail the seas again!

I built a new Brazzers-Class (Thanks for the idea for the new Class title LOL) carrier in record time thanks to the new plugin! :D

I give you the Brazzers-Class carrier, "Metroplex"! :D

9e4y.jpg

dena.jpg

q5h8.jpg

nlc7.jpg

I tried testing the Trident missiles against a small-ish jet I had parked some kilometres away from the Barracuda.

Every launch - and I did eight - managed to have the scatter from the Trident in an almost perfect circle around the plane. And no destroyed plane, naturally.

I'm guessing the Tridents are really meant only for very large targets?

I tried testing the Trident missiles against a small-ish jet I had parked some kilometres away from the Barracuda.

Every launch - and I did eight - managed to have the scatter from the Trident in an almost perfect circle around the plane. And no destroyed plane, naturally.

I'm guessing the Tridents are really meant only for very large targets?

Which Trident were you using? There are 3 or 4. Each is tuned to a range but what isn't obvious is that they do have different burst patterns. One pattern is omni-directional, the other is directional... like a shotgun blast! I'll be making this setting available in the hangar, for now you'll need to open the cfg of the trident you're using and tweak the settings in there.

Which Trident were you using?

The ones that come standard with the Barracuda. Mark 2's, I think?

Regardless of which it was, or even if the Barracuda has all of them included, it worked a charm on the carrier that comes with the mod.

Hoo-boy! That's some good destruction there!

Seems like using the Tridents on small targets work better the less pitch the missile has during its terminal phase. Was messing around trying to hit this little truck I made...seemed was only getting a surefire kill when the missile was dropping almost strait down.

For bigger targets I like the omni blast ones at a severe pitch....45deg or better.

Arced one of the big boy Tridents off the shore (fired at about 30deg up-bubble) and hit a Narwhall....about 2/3 was just gone...the rest promptly sank....poor Ronming Kerman is still stuck in the bridge at 1082m depth lol.

I have a problem with docking, the docking ports of the aircrafts detach from the aircrafts and they end up detached on top of the carrier, this happened when i tried escape and go to space station several times to put several aircrafts (3) on the carrier.

And i suggest you make landing easier, and try to make some kind of indicator for landing, its quite hard to land aircrafts in the carrier at the first try with just 1 arresting wire (or its just that i am using Ferrum Aerospace Research mod).

Get SteamGauges...has anice HUD for planes....helps with landing. Id suggest you use the included Narwall and Wasp naval fighter to practice landings till you get it down, then try other craft.

At about 200m from the carriers back lip you should be around 200m altitude, traveling no faster than 60-80 m/s, and have your gear out. At about 100 meters till deck cut your throttle so the engines just barley stay on and deploy your hook. Last 50 meters or so you should have your speed down to 40 m/s or so, and just float the plane down to the wire, make sure your rate of decent is no greater than 8 m/s or so.

Though, if your using FAR you may need to adjust the winglets on the WASP a bit, not sure, I can confirm the Shark naval fighter flys (and lands) great as is with FAR.

I will try steamgauges and i will practice my landings, but then again, there is the problem that the attaching ports for the aircrafts to attach to the carrier breaks and the planes are left there on top of the deck.

Wonder how is it if we can add angled-deck runway or a catapult.

I will try steamgauges and i will practice my landings, but then again, there is the problem that the attaching ports for the aircrafts to attach to the carrier breaks and the planes are left there on top of the deck.

Wonder how is it if we can add angled-deck runway or a catapult.

Hi there, glad you're having fun. perhaps pop a silver aircraft super strut from the body of the plane to the planes dock/tank. That should strengthen it a bit. I also had this happen so in the next release the port attach connections will be stronger.

Having Issues with this, when redirecting to launch over water it launches it a few thousand meters in the air and it can't recreate some of the pre-made stuff, have I done something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I re-installed the files and it works fine now!

Edited by Biker Joe

My carrier's kerplode then crash my program every time they load...I think until this program can handle it...the Brazzers-Class carriers are only a dream :(

Don't worry about it, thanks to Snjo I've implemented some new code for super safe launches... expect it in a -=Skillful=- compatibility update... which will come out likely after it does. Still no date on that one guys.

However on a good note I've cleared a few major roadblocks over the weekend, so I'm a lot closer...

Later!

Oh no it launched...I even sailed it out about 30km on high warp out into the middle of the ocean...its when I try to load it as an existing launch. Like the first time was when I tried to get close enough to land a small quick n dirty jet I build for that purpose, and then I tried loading it on its own...

Its not your mod, I don't think. It's the fact that the damn thing is so big that when it loads up it overloads the computer.

whenever I load boat parts r4 in ksp and I open the SPH or VAB I the only parts that come up are the minsub command pod, the mines and the center part to the mini sub not even stock parts are showing up. I realy want to use boat parts but I can't use it like this.

is it possible to force the boats to stay on the runway? can you use things like EL to launch them to say a submarine facility that i build off planet? perhaps Laythe needs a fleet!

Read the manual, and read the opening post of the thread whenever there is an update.

In the sph right click the con tower or sub periscope, whatever the command part is. Choose move to water false. This will launch it to the runway and not the water.

Hope this helps! :)

whenever I load boat parts r4 in ksp and I open the SPH or VAB I the only parts that come up are the minsub command pod, the mines and the center part to the mini sub not even stock parts are showing up. I realy want to use boat parts but I can't use it like this.

The mod requires both the r3 and r4 directories. Look at the install instructions in the manual, that can be found on the first post of this thread.

Hope you like it.