Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

In real life? not likely, the question would be at what range would it hit. Because the gun fires more accurately when a target is moving head on against it, as it doesn't need to calculate target lead. Real CIWS have multiple and programmable firing patterns and speeds. My system also not only leads a target, but if the target it moving fast it will alter it's firing pattern and firing speed as well.

One point to make is that if the ship only had one CIWS and you could smartly find an angle to approach where the CIWS couldn't fire (an arc obsured by it's own ship) then you might have really god results, the closer you get the less probability of getting shot down.

A weapon that could zig zag or go really slow to avoid being labeled hostile would be the way to trick it.

"Thats not for show, that.. kills things"" I loled at that hard also are there eventually going to be different types of plane parts ie single engine, and swept wings?

Edited by pwnedbyscope

It looks really great!

Seems to me that the cockpit etc arent really round round.

Are you going to make some sort of adapter to make the cockpit fit neatly onto the stock parts?

EDIT: And perhaps let the engine's open and close trough the use of their ISP levels, instead of throttle level?

With what you did, the engine closes and opens instantly.

I'll give you all the Kerbol moneys for developing my favorite mods!

Edited by Okreeks
Had a moment...

Plane and parts looks awesome! Though, the landing gear on the F-18 Hornet, isn't that a liddle bit wider (extends more out to the sides)?

Mine are 'based' on F18 gear but not exactly, other considerations had to be considered as well... I wanted them to fit on the standard 1m fuselage in some fashion.

image012.jpg

Real gear are slightly wider...

It looks really great!

Seems to me that the cockpit etc arent really round round.

Are you going to make some sort of adapter to make the cockpit fit neatly onto the stock parts?

EDIT: And perhaps let the engine's open and close trough the use of their ISP levels, instead of throttle level?

With what you did, the engine closes and opens instantly.

I'll give you all the Kerbol moneys for developing my favorite mods!

1) Yes there will be an adapter.

2) It isn't accurate right now... The nozzle would be full open at idle , and actually get tighter to increase the thrust until the afterburner kicks in, at which time it would go full open again. They are mechanically actuated not by thrust. I might change around the values so they behave more realistically.

Hey. I have a question about the second boat, in the second video on the OP (around 6:23 in it). What was used to power that thing? I see an air intake, a Mk16 Parachute, and fins on the bottom.

Hey. I have a question about the second boat, in the second video on the OP (around 6:23 in it). What was used to power that thing? I see an air intake, a Mk16 Parachute, and fins on the bottom.

The ''engines'' are built in (in the configs) in the pieces that makes up the boat

NOTIFICATION... Update .21 has Broken the Launch to Water code. The carrier will start on the water then move to the bottom of the sea floor. I'll try to get a fix in place as soon as possible.

Haha I wonder how many people will see this before they post saying WHY DOESNT IT WORK.