LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Looks almost like a Eraser.... just saying!

also, I agree with Khaos, cargo bays would be a great addition to this pack!

cargo bays are being worked on, I remember that lack has worked on a 2x1 bay

oh yea, Im also thinking of making a 2x4 cargo bay, shoul i have the doors act in a similar way as my communications dish or some other way?

oh yea, Im also thinking of making a 2x4 cargo bay, shoul i have the doors act in a similar way as my communications dish or some other way?

I would build a statue of you in your honor if you released a cargo bay in LLL style! As of now, your statue would be a black pony. I like it.

Love how the com dish expands. If u could make the cargo bays operate like that in reverse, till there is only couple thin strips left on one side....that would awesome!! Imagine the functionality of a 2x4 or even 2x1 bay that opened like that. Most cargobays now...even big ones, your very limited by the door size.

Love how the com dish expands. If u could make the cargo bays operate like that in reverse, till there is only couple thin strips left on one side....that would awesome!! Imagine the functionality of a 2x4 or even 2x1 bay that opened like that. Most cargobays now...even big ones, your very limited by the door size.

reverse as in doors open an store on the outside?

Hmmmn... people would want two styles I think, one that the doors retract into the piece, for usage in space, and one that they could use for landers and such, where the lower doors would act as a ramp to allow things such as rovers and other vehicles to roll off of....

Edited by Lazurkri

reverse as in doors open an store on the outside?

I am kinda bad at explaining what's in my head sorry. Looking at how the ComDish 'builds' itself when deployed makes me think of a 2x1 container that would 'unbuild' itself in the same manner, until almost the whole thing is opened. Making it able to actualy deploy anything you could fit inside a 2x1 area. A lot of current cargo holds limit payload not by their size, but by limited door size, forcing you to make payload that fit through doors.

Though Lazurkri makes a good point as well, something like what im talking about would be useful mostly in space (though I can think of other applications)

A separate version that only opens 1/2 way, maybe has a ramp, that would be good for bases.

You could have LLL cargo, in space and base versions! (it even rymes!!! that's important for late night infomercials =P)

yes there is a 2x1 decoupler

yes there is an adapter that goes from 2x1 to 1x1

no there isnt a 3x? to 2x1 adapter

not sure what you mean with the connects vertically though

Vertical connection: the 2x1 part is oriented in the same manner as the previous part. like the 2.5 stock parts > LLL bicouple, but instead of the single connector being stock/round, woudl be a single 2x1 LLL part.

As for the 3x, it'd be a coupler that would align 3 2x1 parts side by side, Like the adapter for the big octo tank that matches the THSS designs. coudl connect up to 2-2x1 parts like a 2-to-3 coupler... or maybe even a single 2x1.

Also 2x2 parts, and more 4x2 to go with the big hog command part. ^_^

ah yes, that's fairly easy to do since the concept cargo bays I made sort of does exactly that, what i want to know is where I should put the doors and I don't really like making door disappear into thin air as I've seen some cargo bays do

the cargo bay doors are either grey or black, dunno why some of them went black on me as they were supposed to be grey

so which ones do you like? ignore the one where the doors aren't connected to anything

ah yes, that's fairly easy to do since the concept cargo bays I made sort of does exactly that, what i want to know is where I should put the doors and I don't really like making door disappear into thin air as I've seen some cargo bays do

the cargo bay doors are either grey or black, dunno why some of them went black on me as they were supposed to be grey

so which ones do you like? ignore the one where the doors aren't connected to anything

I personally like Orbital A And Landing B

Edited by SkyHook

I like the one that stays level and extends straight out. especially for rover carrying vehicles (It could even double as a landing foot!). but I also like the two with the teeth on the doors, which I imagine as a more 0g specialized style.

Edit: I like both orbitals. As you describe them, I'd actually like to see one of each. That way one can choose between maximum storage capacity and external utility. However, if I had to pick one, I'd say orbital A. I like landing A, but don't like landing B. Unless B has an open end that can be placed at the end of a series of hollow, open-ended parts to form a longer cargo bay with B functioning as the unloading ramp. Which actually makes me think they'd all be pretty cool with open ends so you can run them together to form one big cargo space. I also like the one where the doors aren't attached, though obviously they'd need to be attached somehow. maybe on a hinge instead of a rail?

Edited by loppnessmonsta

i wasnt going to post, as i like all of them, but personally id like to see the level ramp lowery one (as from the look of things, the one that lowers to an angled ramp, doesnt have any room for the rover/vehicle, so either ur dropping on an angle, or when u open itll slide out lol) and i like the idea of the ones that slide internally for other uses (satellites, base storage, powergen shells etc) but i like the idea of the unattached doors (obviously if they were attached) as well...

if i simplify what i mean in a list order of what i like it would go (assumin unattached doors as one):

A) 4 & 6

B) 1 & 5

C) 3

As i assume 2 is the container when closed.

Edit: I like the A's

Edited by JonoRig

alright to make it easier on myself

Orbital A is the one with the internal doors, mind that if the doors are internal they may affect just how large your cargo can be

Orbital B is the one with the doors storing on the outside, this one may still affect the size of your cargo but not as much as A but it will affect radially mounted parts

Landing A will be the entire platform will be lowered

Landing B is the sloping one, though it seems no one likes this one and i sorta agree but i put it there just in case

Please edit your posts or re-post so i can see which is liked or not

hmmmn... if you could combine the platform lowering one with the bomb bay door one, that'd be awesome for things such as probes which usualyl don't like to be dropped...

I can see the problem with the sloping one, but the idea I had was where the slope doors would essentially be the lengthwise walls of the cargo bay; the entire side walls would be the doors/ramp. Actually, the closest thing I can come up with is the cargo bay from Devo's WT-51 Kerban Transport. The one you have, no offense, actually really reminds me of the Millennium Falcon's boarding ramp, as well as the Lambda shuttles....

I think the couple with the interlocking teeth on the doors look best for space, maybe id the sides opened too.

The ramp coming strait down one would be best for bases and rover deployment.

Honestly though they all look great, kinda hard to choose.

The problem with both the ramp AND the lowering lift is that you would have to build something that is fabulously high off the ground in order to get enough clearance to release anything worth it in size. Those landing legs may have to become a higher priority then!

Anyways given all of them, I like Landing A, and I would have to see the animation itself to really decide between Orbitals A and B. However I point out that you might have things radially mounted to the outside of the bay, and having the doors open into that would cause problems. Thus Orbital A is my first choice

The problem with both the ramp AND the lowering lift is that you would have to build something that is fabulously high off the ground in order to get enough clearance to release anything worth it in size. Those landing legs may have to become a higher priority then!

Anyways given all of them, I like Landing A, and I would have to see the animation itself to really decide between Orbitals A and B. However I point out that you might have things radially mounted to the outside of the bay, and having the doors open into that would cause problems. Thus Orbital A is my first choice

If I do make the landing cargo bay I will probably give it built in Landing legs, most likely with a wide stance

Edited by Ember

you don't need legs for landing A. the door itself can function as one giant foot that lifts the whole thing up. even landing B will just tip itself up. Could do some very interesting things with those, tbh. people who like to play with weapon mods could use landing B to angle their fire. you could use landing A as an elevator... even stack them up to get a whole lift system. obviously they'd need to be collidable, for that, but i'm sure you can do that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.