[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

2nd'd There are an awful lot of us that still use this ;)

Is anyone currently maintaing this project?

I was going to help out with it / take it over a few months back. I forget exactly who I was talking to, another programmer who wanted to join in. I bowed out when KMP was released. Being as KMP uses KLF as a codebase, the idea was let the bugs get hashed out with KMP, then take KMP's code, strip features down until you essentially get KLF, and there ya go, new KLF using KMP as a codebase.

Long story short, I can appreciate KLF in a new light. **** happened, and now i'm operating off of an i5 laptop instead of a beast mode desktop, and I will be for some time. KMP will lag lower end computers to hell and back, KLF doesn't. Half of the time your not interacting with anyone else or their crap directly anyway in KMP. I admit, my enthusasium for KMP overshadowed how awesome KLF is, and that KLF just works, cleanly for the most part.

I have the time, and I need to stay up to date with C# anyway. I would prefer someone else take lead, and i'll help out as much as possible, but if not, I can take over the project for the time being. Aside from getting it working in .23, there are a lot of little features here and there I would like to add that wouldn't be all that difficult. Even if you don't want to take over lead, I could really use another programmer on this.

The immediate problems(non code) we ran into a few months ago was forum permissions. As far as I know SodiumEyes has directly stated that he's done with the project, so I / someone else needs to get that in writing (or forum message) along with his permission to take over the project (atleast temporarily) and make edits to the main page and/or create a new thread; and that permission letter needs to get sent to a forum admin. Anyway, these things can be hashed out later.

tldr; i'm capable and willing to take over the project, but could really use another programmer to take lead or if not just help out here and there, bounce ideas etc. Even if your not a programmer, I would prefer to not be a one man army on this project lol. I'll check back here often and see what's going on with it. You can pm me also, to get a better line of communication.

Edited by nevermoto

I want to raise my hand here and say that yes there are a few of us that must have KLF to KSP. Honestly I'm shocked that so few actually use it compared to how many people are on the IRC at any given time. Sodium has done great work here, and I'm certain that there are many of us that are eagerly awaiting a .23 fix for this socially driven mod.

It made me sad to see 0 players when I logged in today, so I fixed KLF and posted a compiled version here as KLF 0.7.3 Compatibility update. Modified source code is here on github. I haven't performed nearly enough testing to confirm it will work properly on all platforms, but this is a quick, interim solution. Let me know if there are any problems.

I don't feel completely comfortable developing KLF because it needs a lot of work and I can't deliver, but perhaps I'll just keep it maintained as best I can. :)

edit: Forgot to mention, client 0.7.3 is compatible with server 0.7.1+

Edited by velusip

It made me sad to see 0 players when I logged in today, so I fixed KLF and posted a compiled version here as KLF 0.7.3 Compatibility update. Modified source code is here on github. I haven't performed nearly enough testing to confirm it will work properly on all platforms, but this is a quick, interim solution. Let me know if there are any problems.

I don't feel completely comfortable developing KLF because it needs a lot of work and I can't deliver, but perhaps I'll just keep it maintained as best I can. :)

Let's get together on this; I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of lead either, but between the two of us we should be able to make things happen. Since you've got the .23 fix, we can use your github as the master, or mine, it doesn't matter, i'm setup and ready to go on this end to start digging into the code. I'm already fairly familar with KMP's codebase and KLF's, as are you obviously lol.

Vel, you sir are a hero to the klf crew. Props.

This is a long thread, and im not sure if this has been answered or not, but i'll ask like the idiot i am anyways:

Do i understand this mod correctly when i say that i can create a server, dedicated for me and my mate who plays this alot. We can use TS / Skype etc to communicate, and we can both see each others spacecrafts etc? Im getting mixed signals by peoples reaction to this. I want to be able to play with my friend, we can each build our ship, we can observe in real time how the other person is changing his orbits etc, and we can sync orbits and eventually dock together and do space exploration together?

How does this work with warping? One guy mentioned that you will just see the other player warp, while you are not, but this should also affect where planets/moons are in relation to each other?

Is this accual multiplayer, or is it just being able to see what other players are doing?

... and we can sync orbits and eventually dock together and do space exploration together?

How does this work with warping? One guy mentioned that you will just see the other player warp, while you are not, but this should also affect where planets/moons are in relation to each other?

Is this accual multiplayer, or is it just being able to see what other players are doing?

I think you are looking for this mod.

• 3 weeks later...

link is broken :(

• 2 weeks later...

First off I want to say I find this plug-in extremely awesome. I tried installing it today. I can connect to a server and I can see the small triangles of other player's ships, but there are no windows I can interact with. There is no chat window or anything like this. I would love to play it properly, but I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
First off I want to say I find this plug-in extremely awesome. I tried installing it today. I can connect to a server and I can see the small triangles of other player's ships, but there are no windows I can interact with. There is no chat window or anything like this. I would love to play it properly, but I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

make sure you get velusip's 0.7.3 plugin update from a couple pages back on this thread. then make sure you start the klf client.exe before launching ksp, then once in game the gui should popup automatically. if not try f7 to toggle it, if that doesnt work, make sure you've installed as per instructions, and go ahead and delete the old klf install then reinstall. that should sort most issues.

Edited by Dirt_Merchant

• 3 weeks later...

for some reason, when my craft loads any part that is radially attached or even slightly clipped into another part explodes. Is there a solution? can this be fixed in another release?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.