[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

Hello Fellow kerbnauts

I posted a error i was having with KLF earlier here but that's not the point of this post. This time i am receiving this:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Client.get_isConnected()
at Client.connectToServer(ClientSettings settings)
at ConsoleClient.connectionLoop(ClientSettings settings)
at ConsoleClient.connect(ClientSettings settings)

I get this error every time i start hosting my server, and i have a feeling that it is also not allowing people to join my server as well.

Before you say that this error is because I have not port forwarded, I will just say that i have.

I would really like some help on this error i am receiving, any help at all would be appreciated

Regards

Haybale100

Turns out at least one of the missing players was chatting from the KLF program window itself, and hadn't even launched KSP yet, which was why he wasn't showing up. Not sure about the other one.

It would be nice if there was some kind of indicator for this.

I just created an account to thank you, man. I'm loving KLF. Great work Sodium!

Could you please make the files not exe but dll, zip, whatever? I'm a mac user and that's my only problem with this. And by the way, this looks absolutely fantastic!

What exactly is the problem? I'm not familiar with Mac OS, but if you can't get the client to run, make sure you've got Mono installed. I would assume the client can be started the same way as in Linux, and that is by opening the command line, going to the KLF folder and running "sudo mono KLFClient.exe" (without quotes). Seems like shell scripts work on Mac OS as well, so you could do something like:

#!/bin/sh

sudo mono *path to KLF client location*/KLFClient.exe

And save that as a .sh file. You could then either place the script directly on your desktop and run the client from it, or you could leave it in the KLF folder and make a shortcut that points to it. You could try it without sudo first, it might work if you have sufficient user privileges. If not, sudo it.

Do note, however, that all of this may be wrong. I can't go and check because I accidentally formatted my entire HDD while trying to bring an external drive back to life. And, again, I have not done any of this stuff on Mac OS, I just quickly googled whether it works or not, but I can't be absolutely certain. Mac OS is Unix based, so most things *should* work just like on Linux. You won't mess anything up if you try though.

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

I have tried this, can you help me fix? I still am connected, but I cant see my username on the window, or anything!

I have tried runnning it before starting KSP. Tried connecting before and after running KPs. Tried connecting while in a game. Tried starting and connecting whilst in a game. Help me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am getting this error when trying to get on a KLF server:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any idea why I am getting this error?

I have one suggestion that everyone on the KLF server has agreed upon: Votekick and Voteban.

Every once in a while some person comes on and spams the server so much, and keeps spamming even after the anti-spam timeout. What I'm asking for is a votekick that would kick the player from the server, and a voteban which would ban the player for a day. These are voted on and are started by one person via a command, and others can vote "yes" or "no". Thank you.

I need some help getting this running on my Mac.

I installed Mono and am attempting to run terminal to find the KLFClient.exe with it. Problem is that terminal can't find my KSP folder on my desktop.

I do: "cd desktop" and it finds it fine.

Then I do "cd KSP 2.1" and it says no such file or directory exists.

What do I do?

I need some help getting this running on my Mac.

I installed Mono and am attempting to run terminal to find the KLFClient.exe with it. Problem is that terminal can't find my KSP folder on my desktop.

I do: "cd desktop" and it finds it fine.

Then I do "cd KSP 2.1" and it says no such file or directory exists.

What do I do?

wassup scoot.

==is "cd KSP 2.1" the confirmed address pathway for terminal? why does it want the directory instead of the executable's address? on windows, installation path-finding of this nature usually goes something like "c://programfilesx86/steam/steamapps/common/kerbalspaceprogram/KLFClient.exe".

your really pioneering for the rest, ive never met anyone who plays this on osx. you and i discussed this on my twitch channel privately and i know for a fact that your KLF installation is correct. you managed to open KLFclient but when you open ksp the ui would not display.

Edited by praise the suuun

Ive encountered a problem where i cant submit or recieve any crafts in game. i get this error "unknown craft file [craft name]" whenever i enter the command to send or recieve. what is going wrong with my installation?

I have this same problem but found a work-around. Name your craft so there are no spaces in the name. Next time I'm going to try putting the craft name in quotes to see if that does anything.

I was wondering what happened to you revenger! Contact me thru steam next time you see me on and I'll see if I can help

I get this, try relaunching and connecting right after it, works for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.