[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

I'd rather he didn't simply leave them be - it's very annoying to have to wait several minutes to fold and unfold the panels each time one switches craft.

The latter option might be a reasonable compromise, assuming folks don't mind having to rebuild their existing stations.

Yeah, I incorrectly assumed CBBP would've known about Snjo and his Firespitter mod, since quite a few other prolific mod makers like B9 already use it.

Anyway, Snjo has also written a specific document on the FSanimateGeneric part module, which supports multiple animations per part. You'll need to contact Snjo to if id they work with the Solar panel's suncatcher system:

CBBP, if I have some time off working on my FusTek Station Parts Expansion this weekend, I might experiment with the Firespitter DLL myself to see if I could retrofit the multiple persistent animation feature into the existing Balka(s). I'll pass on anything usable back to you.

It works, it really does. :D But after using the "layer", "moduleID", and "name" codes. . . the panels won't rotate and face the sun, neither will it pivot along the central block. So I know SOMETHING's wrong. . . but at least the coding works. If you guys would like to refine it further, go ahead. At least we can help CBBP a bit and everyone else who appreciate this mod and every part with it. :)

P.S. I can't finish the editing of the code 'cause besides opening and changing a few values. . . I know nothing else. ;.;

Still Alive and kicking just not as fast. Kicks have been getting donated to hour long trips on the elliptical as of late and hiking in new mexico :) . https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200946593601406&l=b68d17f615 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200946594561430&l=e338fc795d

in other news I updated one of the old engines a bit and redid some of the common engine parts such as turbines and such to have better polies and UV maps. it will make it easier to replace old components on other engines by simple copy and paste in the new and removing the old Auto UV wrapped components. I also have a nice structure for the Gimbal point. Support trusses heading to a ball joint. I think it looks nice. what do you think?

LK-862.png

Me and Normak are not sure if we should simplify the turbo pumps. For example that LK-862 engine is very complex. it would be possible to make the pumps simple and stock like as i did with this F-1B engine and RS-86 engines below. Not their simplified stock like appearance. What do you all think? coomplex or simplified?

3.75m%20engine%20proto.png

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

My vote would be for complex. That new engine looks awesome. I also liked your hiking photos :)

Roger that. And it is not new. just not seen for a while. it is the old LK pack engine.it is getting updated :) and thanks. a few people relaly like them. i might have to psot all of them somewhere

I like the simple or stock-like ones, (I assume you mean the ones with the sort of tube going into the nozzle/cone.) its easier to see how it would work.

well if you want to see how things work the complex will tell you almost exactly how they work. i could even color code them lol

So the engine stexture is coming along nicely. i must say it is really turning out awesome and not as much as a PITA as i thought it would be. i think i need to add more colors to my pallet though. It is to shiney all around. It needs more matte colors and such. Pictures in the next few days hopefully.

I don't know if any one has mentioned it yet, but has any one translated the flags yet?

If not; here are some translations:

Flag 1:

12 ÃÂÿрõûь 1961 - 12 April 1961

Òþ øüѠÃœøрð ø ßрþóрõÑÂÑÂу - In the Name of Peace and Progress

It commemorates Yuri Gagarin's historic Vostok 1 flight.

Flag 2:

áûðòð Þтчø÷ýõ Óõрþõò! - Glory to Heroes of the Fatherland!

...Well, that's suitably Communist.

Flag 3:

áþòõтÑÂúþüу ÃÂðрþôу - Soviet People

ßøþýõру ÚþÑÂüþÑÂð - Space Pioneers

áûðòð! - Glory!

...Nothing to say there, really.