[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

Are those 0.625m tanks? That are not tiny oscars? YEEES!!!!

Though I have one complaint. I have been playing around with the mod again recently and I encounter the same problem and it really makes this mod a pain to use. It's lag inducing. After installing it, my lag tolerance goes way down.

Optimization would be great. I wanted to do a really cool station on my stream featuring this. The plan was to use a massive truss frame as the base (sort of ISS style) and then build on below it possibly with KOSMOS or with FusTek station parts. I sent up a single docking core with a TKS and Salyut vehicle on either end as tugs, That gave me a 75-80 part count station core that was so laggy I couldn't even get it to orbit when it plus the launcher assembly was less than 250 parts.

Fairings, like potato chips and Klingons, are better with ridges.

Good news. you will get both.

Are those 0.625m tanks? That are not tiny oscars? YEEES!!!!

Though I have one complaint. I have been playing around with the mod again recently and I encounter the same problem and it really makes this mod a pain to use. It's lag inducing. After installing it, my lag tolerance goes way down.

Intresting you say that.. it is probably the texture size. In this new release most, yes most, some textures have been lost and need re rendering. but most textures are now .tgas so you can resize them to your hearts content. But you will receive them in their large format. Also, it is looking as if the mod will only increase by 2mbs download size. I removed several shared texture issues. There are a few more to fix but mostly anything that looked similar now has the same texture. So you can reduce the lag as you see fit. thus making some room for URM.

the more textures you rescale the better. I am leaving them large so the user can choose what they want to resize.

I was just wondering. Is their a document for this mod? Maybe explaining the use of the modules. The problem I am having currently is that I have built and awesome station, and I cannot figure out how to get my kerbals inside it. I keep looking for a "crew hatch" to show up on an exterior and I cannot find one anywhere. Is there another way to get them inside the station? Please forgive me if this issue has already been addressed somewhere, I am not much of one for digging through forums.

excuse me, CbBP, you might have answered this already; but will we get more interiors/IVA's? particularly for the docking-end/front of the tks? (since the capsule is technically on the propulsion end of the craft.)

I have plans to. when that comes to fruition i am not sure. The real issue is not every part has an airlock to get to the IVA through. you cannot currently move kerbals form part to part yet. so it seems like a moot point.

I was just wondering. Is their a document for this mod? Maybe explaining the use of the modules. The problem I am having currently is that I have built and awesome station, and I cannot figure out how to get my kerbals inside it. I keep looking for a "crew hatch" to show up on an exterior and I cannot find one anywhere. Is there another way to get them inside the station? Please forgive me if this issue has already been addressed somewhere, I am not much of one for digging through forums.

you need the crew manifest mod.

I don't know what is up with the docking but I spent twenty minutes trying without success using those ports. I sat on top it spinning to if it would fit and it didn't connect. Is it the fins?

I gave up trying to dock the KOSMOS docking ring, and just swapped back to the standard, even though it doesn't look as cool.

I don't know what is up with the docking but I spent twenty minutes trying without success using those ports. I sat on top it spinning to if it would fit and it didn't connect. Is it the fins?

not sure really. the next release has a new docking ring as well as the old one still. the new one has no fins or anything so it should definitely work.

Speaking of which, ballpark ETA on next release?

It is all ready to roll aside form waiting for Normak to add the descriptions lol. he disappeared. giving him another week I suppose. If not NMB will have the task while we wait for Normaks return.

I can already tell it's going to take some time to get my head around the new parts and the design possibilities they bring!

not to mention how you cna edit the .CFGs to make your own longer tanks lol.

It is probably the texture size. In this new release most, yes most, some textures have been lost and need re rendering. but most textures are now .tgas so you can resize them to your hearts content. But you will receive them in their large format. Also, it is looking as if the mod will only increase by 2mbs download size. I removed several shared texture issues. There are a few more to fix but mostly anything that looked similar now has the same texture. So you can reduce the lag as you see fit. thus making some room for URM.

the more textures you rescale the better. I am leaving them large so the user can choose what they want to resize.

What are they now? 1024 square? If so, I'll definitely be bringing them down to 512. That's half the res but 4 times less pixels to save. That should go a long ways and make this workable. Once I get it working minimal lag, then you guys get a free feature on my Saturday stream.

What are they now? 1024 square? If so, I'll definitely be bringing them down to 512. That's half the res but 4 times less pixels to save. That should go a long ways and make this workable. Once I get it working minimal lag, then you guys get a free feature on my Saturday stream.

yes they are mostly 1024. the reduced resolution should not matter so much. I personally keep it that way as they look nice and some peoples rigs can support them. But I have converted them to TGS to allow for others to solve this. But when i texture i try to keep all my lines aligned to pixel alignment to reduce stair stepping. So only a few things will look different anyway. a free stream eh? nice

I would suggest trying 768 square (if 1024 base, assuming Unity/KSP doesn't care?) before 512sq, this would end up about half the size (RAM/MB) without tanking the texture res so much. Depending on your RAM pressure anyway?

[Edit] Apparently that is a very bad idea with KSP.

Edited by NoMrBond

Ah so I take it that my NK-33 missing it's texture is a known issue to do with the new texture format you are using CBBP?

I am using the NK33 on my Antares clone, with a Advanced SRB from that variable stack-able SRB mod on top it makes a rather good Antares!