[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

As you were working on ORDA...any chance to tell us how to fix ORDA from just re-rotating every single time 2 APAS69 ports when they try docking...I always have to turn off ORDA and rotate it for 180 degrees...and also, usually when I dock its not perfectly straight...why?

I just wanna ask. . . are the crew habitation containers in this pack really useable? I'm having trouble locating their hatches so I can do crew transfers. :(

You have to use the Kerbal Crew Manifest mod to transfer kerbals from parts that do have airlocks to parts that don't, much like a real life space station.

Sorry to bother you guys. . . but I got another problem at hand. The docking ports provided don't. . . well. . . dock together. Even mechjeb says that it isn't a "docking node" and bugs me to choose a docking port. I'm really confused. . . and it looks all to good to just take away from my KSP data. ;.;

Ugh, somewhere in this thread is a bugfix I think...you have to add dockingport to its name...I *think*...best would be to take a look through pages 1-15, there should be an answer for it...I think

Ugh, somewhere in this thread is a bugfix I think...you have to add dockingport to its name...I *think*...best would be to take a look through pages 1-15, there should be an answer for it...I think

I've seen the fix, but it still doesn't do any good though. MJ still wants another port, and although he tries to dock nonetheless, he does it perpendicularly.

And I've read the previous pages too, and I've seen people make requests on new parts. Don't take it too hard. . . but wouldn't it be better if you had a small, bugless mod pack instead of having a big mod pack that's teeming with minor flaws? I know the restrictions on the ISS dual-wings, and that's fine with me, I won't use them 'till the dev team's got a legal fix to it. I hope that the mod owners aren't that fed-up with updating the parts though. . . even though I'm not a fan of russian design. . . the amount of detail was too much to pass on. :)

Yeah, I had just a few minutes to test it on the launch pad. MJ recognized it as a docking port so I assumed it worked. I've never been so wrong and realized it once in orbit ^^

lol!Oh well...use ORDA then...it uses less RCS anyway...what really bugs me is that it doesnt dock "straigth"

I know. I even shouted "DO A FAHKING 90 DEGREE TURN DURPASS!" :);.; Well I hope some modding titan helps out in this too. I'm even become so desperate as to try out modding myself. ;.; I'll try my best to polish that docking port. . . THAT DOCKING POOOOOOORT~! :0.0:

. . . *clears throat* but still. . . I really like the amount of detail in every single part of this mod. :D

The super large solar panels models do not appear open when I switch to the vessel from the tracking station. The GUI say they are open but don't look open, but when I retract panels, the model is suddenly fully open, then starts to retract.

The super large solar panels models do not appear open when I switch to the vessel from the tracking station. The GUI say they are open but don't look open, but when I retract panels, the model is suddenly fully open, then starts to retract.

There is nothing wrong with the part itself I assure you sir. The problem though, is that KSP can only handle one animation state per part at a time. . . or at least I think it is, and it'll be more so 'cause it's the dual-wing panels. I heard that using one wing panel part at a time can get around that bug.

Edited by intidragon

There is nothing wrong with the part itself I assure you sir. The problem though, is that KSP can only one animation state per part at a time. . . or at least I think it is, and it'll be more so if it's the dual-wing panels. I heard that using one wing panel part at a time can get around that bug.

If cBBp had received 1€/$/£ everytime someone ask this, he would be incredibly rich --'

i noticed that problem, too. it's definitely the double-animation problem (which is totally Squad's), because it's only the third toggle/extend/retract option that messes things up (or if you try to go too fast on the other two). I decided it would just be easier to use the single version, because i am supremely lazy and don't want to push TWO buttons. i mean, come on. that's DOUBLE the number of buttons I normally push! and also i'd have to wait until one side finished, and they take a loooong time because they're huuuuuuge.

i should totally make a double-sized version. FOR SCIENCE

Edited by loppnessmonsta

If you truly wished to pay me for custom KSP parts you could but you arn't so i am doubtful :P

besides it would be unfair, awkward, and I would feel weird about such things. Really the only way I would not feel that way would be if squad hired me. But this is not going to happen. Kosmos style is too different form stock. even though stock would be easy to replicate. Besides they have B9 now. So Squad would not hire me simply to make russian styled things lol.

CBBP,

In my opinion there will always be a place for your work in KSP. I'm still using your Dragon as my main Duna and beyond exploration vehicle. I still use Kosmos as my main Station pack. Sure I had to spend time editing cfg files to get them to work, but it is worth it to have such beautifully detailed and crafted modules in my game.

But I understand if KSP doesn't hold the same interest for you as it once did. Just wanted you to know that your packs live on and are still very much relevant to KSP.

See ya in The Black,

Void

Voidryder put it beautifully, so I can only echo his sentiments. I'm a big fan of your work and I'm still using your Kosmos parts in an attempt to build Chelomei's LK-700 direct Mun lander. While I understand that you've lost interest in KSP, I still hold out hope that you'll have a change of heart at some point in time.

Thanks for everything you've done!

It's got the same interest really but the time is less. My jobs hours finally increased since someone quit where as before they were so few I had all the time in the world. Plus i am dating someone sort of and thusly I am more motivated to get a career now and finish losing weight. And since 3d modelling is not a career that will be blessed upon me I have to do something else unfortunately.