Compilation of modding information links for 0.19/20/21/22/23 - Last update 24th Jan

hoojiwana

Does anyone have information on how to make a custom strut connector? I thought I could just refer to the stock strut and some of the ones in mods, but all I'm getting are tons of glitchy parts that don't do anything useful. It'd be nice to have a link here about making struts.

Does anyone have information on how to make a custom strut connector? I thought I could just refer to the stock strut and some of the ones in mods, but all I'm getting are tons of glitchy parts that don't do anything useful. It'd be nice to have a link here about making struts.

I was just thinking about this the other day. did you set the module = StrutConnector instead of Part? at the beginning of the part config file.

As per this and DYJ's response I have created a new OP with all submitted links and other things added in a text file that's ready to be posted. I just need a go-ahead from someone who'll sticky it, if it's ok. Nevermind I'll just post it.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

@hoojiwana

Are you done updating this thread? You still visit. What's up?

As per this and DYJ's response I have created a new OP with all submitted links and other things added in a text file that's ready to be posted. I just need a go-ahead from someone who'll sticky it, if it's ok. Nevermind I'll just post it.

Oh hey yeah. Not updated this since I'm not following the forums anywhere near as closely as I used to, and I really should've mentioned that sooner. Definitely a good idea to unsticky this thread and have someone else more involved in the forums take over.

Urgh, protip, squad is doing the ladder and airlock colliders wrong, you need the airlock collider to extend past the ladder at least in the "blue" axis in nli2work's pictures, red as well preferably, that allows you to click the hatch to EVA kerbals, if the ladder occludes the collider the menu doesn't appear. This is why most stock parts have that menu being glitchy.

Oh hey yeah. Not updated this since I'm not following the forums anywhere near as closely as I used to, and I really should've mentioned that sooner. Definitely a good idea to unsticky this thread and have someone else more involved in the forums take over.

Cool

Urgh, protip, squad is doing the ladder and airlock colliders wrong, you need the airlock collider to extend past the ladder at least in the "blue" axis in nli2work's pictures, red as well preferably, that allows you to click the hatch to EVA kerbals, if the ladder occludes the collider the menu doesn't appear. This is why most stock parts have that menu being glitchy.

This is the wrong thread for this now but if you'd like to write a quick tutorial I'll link to it.

This is the wrong thread for this now but if you'd like to write a quick tutorial I'll link to it.

My description should be sufficient, just make sure the airlock collider isn't occluded by the ladder one too much, the side facing "out" especially since that's the angle you'll try to click the hatch from the most.

• 7 months later...
Link of looped animation doesn't work anymore (images deleted)

Can someone give me some help with it ?

Hi this thread is old. The new compilation is a sticky in this subform or you can click the link in my signature.

Mods, perhaps this thread could be locked with a message to the new compilation please?