Use the ''KSC 2''

Thats what you need to do:

1: Create a rocket capable to go into orbit

2: Create a plane capable of fly

3: Create something you can use to mouve your rocket from ksc1 to ksc2

4: Create something you can use to mouve your plane from ksc1 to ksc2

5: Using the ''something'' mouve your rocket from ksc1 to ksc2's launchpad, launch and get to orbit

6:Using the ''something'' mouve your plane from ksc1 to ksc2's runway, takeoff and fly around, then land on the same runway.

I don't tried myself but i'm sure this is 100% possible in 0.19 with the new rover wheels.

If you have any questions, ask them! You need to reply with some screenshoots, on point 3, point 4, point 5 and point 6

Good luck!

I have absolutely NO IDEA what 'mouve' means but I guess you mean 'move' :wink:

The second space center doesn't have a runway, to my knowledge.

Correct. No runway at KSC2. And also keep in mind that's it takes a long time to get there (10+ hours) and that the final descent to reach the launch site is very steep.

Hmm... Interesting challenge. Are allowed to fly the plane to KSC 2 instead of driving it? The drive is just so long. Also, KSC 2 isn't at the equator like the normal KSC, so getting into orbit may be a bit harder.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. Didn't read the answer to this question before...

Edited by ZingidyZongxxx

How about landing a heavy cargo plane at KSC2, deploy/erect a rocket and launch to orbit?

I know it's not actually your challenge but it does deserve an honorable mention. :wink:

This challenge may not be impossible, but it will be incredibly painful. Before the forums crashed, I completed a challenge that involved simply driving to KSC2. It took 10.5 hours mission time (mostly spent at 2x time warp) with rover designed for high speed offroading (average between 45-55 m/s). If I'd had to carry a rocket with me, it would have probably taken twice as long, possibly longer.

bucklebill... Yes! Is a challange goddamn! It needs to be hard! And i'm 100% sure this is possible!

how can you be sure that it is 100% possible if you haven't completed it yourself as you clearly mentioned at the beginning of the thread?!

With mod parts (I don't think there's any considered very unbalanced) I have a 1.57 ton one man rocket that I've got to a circular 92Km orbit (currently no transport vehicle), and a 1.1 ton one man helicopter on the back of a 4 ton extreme off-road flat bed that'll nudge 100m/s on a slight down hill. Without mod parts probably 20 tonnes moving very slowly. Are any mod-patrs OK? and, does a helicopter count as an aircraft? It's still a long way to drive twice but I was going to do it for the other thread that was deleted. I may start the trek there if it's OK to use any parts.

screenshot100sr.png

screenshot107d.png

screenshot101q.png

I have a 1.57 ton one man rocket

I think the mod parts might be confusing MechJeb there. Does it still say 1.57 when you go to the pad? The flight numbers are generally more accurate than the VAB numbers.

I see at least 9.1 tons on the parts that I recognize as stock.

Edit: nevermind. That's a confusing set of parts, all just probe-sized miniaturizations of the stock versions?

I did it with the chopper, six hours and forty minutes with most of it at 80-90m/s. I had to drop down to 50m/s on the hills and rough bits especially when it was dark and I went around all the mountains. It's a long ride, the prospect of doing it again with more weight to carry isn't very appealing at the moment. I think that's quite a fast time though.

screenshot110w.png

screenshot113t.png

screenshot114h.png

screenshot116o.png

screenshot118v.png

I rarely say this, but sadly...

This post gave me cancer

Before you start pointing fingers at others Pug, I'd suggest you first take a long hard look at yourself. You perfectly know what I am talking about.

Grow up and get a life. puking.gif