MechJeb 2.0?

Stealth2668

Is anyone actually using it?

It's a pre-release, essentially it's still in Beta. I've been using it since pre-release 0 and whilst there were a few glitches to begin with, they're up to pre-release 7 now and it's getting very very good. They've completely re-written so a lot of issues that were in 1.x.x have been sorted out and there are a lot more features (rover autopilot etc). I highly recommend it if you're a MechJeb fan.

I have switched to 2.0 and actually fly more things by hand now than before, I mainly use it to plan the nodes as I don't have to fiddle with making the node I can tell it where I want to go and it tells me when where and how to get there.

I have been using it for about a week or so, and it is great.

It still needs a few tweaks, but the integration with the existing maneuver node system is awesome.

I also love the custom windows, it cleans up the screen clutter.

The docking, transfer, and landing guidance are also superb.

I have switched to 2.0 and actually fly more things by hand now than before, I mainly use it to plan the nodes as I don't have to fiddle with making the node I can tell it where I want to go and it tells me when where and how to get there.

This is why I pretty much wanted it. Just for info and node placing. Getting it to do everything for you defeats the point of the game.

People seem rather unimpressed by the new MechJeb. I'm lovin' it. I love how it integrates maneuvers into everything it does. Also, the landing autopilot finally uses suicide burns for landing, and gives you a suicide burn countdown. There are so many improvements and things added.

I've barely used mechjeb, and I like it, I can just build a launcher, and mech Jeb will do its best to get it to orbit, even after something's one wrong, literally, one of my rockets boosters exploded for some reason, and the rocket was flipping over, but mechjeb managed to stabilize it and still get it to orbit when it probably wouldn't have if I had been controlling it :) but I still hate giving complete control to mechjeb, it just bothers me like, what if it somehow gets a mind of its own? (Ik that'd probably never happen but it still bothers me) it did mess up a mun landing once, and scared the hell outta me on the next (I thought it was going to crash into the mun going dang near sideways...) and then completely confused me when it tried to land at ksc, but overall its pretty good :)

I recently got MechJeb, but I cant seem ti figure out how to start it up. I dont see and windows for it on my screen.

There is a module in the 'Control' tab that you need to place on your ship.

It looks like a radio with a small antenna on top of it.

yes.

the docking portion is great

Really?

Each time. I tried to use the docking feature, it puts the ship about ten meters away and then it goes crazy and flies the ship back away to return once again......and it does over and over.

Unless they fixed it.

Like old mechjeb, mechjeb 2 requires that the rocket be built to exact specifications. You might be able to control a wonky design because you know that it's wonky. Mechjeb has always required that the rocket be built near perfect. When the design is good, mechjeb can do miraculous things with it. If the design is bad, then only the good Lord knows what will happen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.