start game without steam

chookah

i should be able to stay logged into steam on my pc and play while my kids are playing on my spare pc. no i'm not going to buy another licence. i'll just work around it if i have to.

So' date=' are you openly admitting you will pirate a copy of the game for your kids to play?

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

no i didn't say that. i downloaded the game legally on both pc's under my 1 steam account. i should be able to run the game without having to login to steam. if i go to the game folder and launch the .exe i am forced to login to steam or the game wont load.

So yes, you are trying to pirate a second copy from a single account. Just because Steam allows you to download where ever you log in does not entitle you to run multiple copies of the game. I suggest you get a second Steam account for your children's computer and purchase another copy.

As far as having to login to Steam, that's the way it works for the majority of games you purchase through Steam. Also, you are not required to be online as Steam can be placed in offline mode and KSP will run fine.

I'm going to lock this thread before you say anything more and get yourself banned for violation of the Forum Rules, which I suggest you review.

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager