Rareden's Projects

Rareden

Wow, that's awesome!

It would be awesome getting a poster of my SSTO that I (never) get rendered!

Well he's got a real world job to handle. How about diving in and figuring out how things work to make one for yourself? It only takes a vision and some determination to learn...

I started working with Photoshop back in v3 simply because I wanted to know how people were doing some of the crazy images I was finding. Now I can easily use it as an everyday part of my day job. :D

Well he's got a real world job to handle. How about diving in and figuring out how things work to make one for yourself? It only takes a vision and some determination to learn...

I started working with Photoshop back in v3 simply because I wanted to know how people were doing some of the crazy images I was finding. Now I can easily use it as an everyday part of my day job. :D

Ehm, well yeah, but do you want to see a few attempts at the stuff I make? Blender AND GMIP. I'm getting better in GIMP but I need some tips on a pic I'm making... but besides the point.

Also, when I watch Blender tuts from the same version some things for me don't seem to work/be there. I think I need a re-install.

That would be great. I would love to have such talented guy make some artsy stuff inspired by The Grand Tour. Imagine the possibilities!

Alas, so far I didn't manage to catch Rareden's attention :(

well a few months ago i intended on making a video of your grand tour to jool

Sooo....since you removed the notice saying that you aren't accepting requests, I'm assuming you're now accepting them...

If that's right, could you make a picture in honor of my first Duna(and interplanetary landing) landing? The raw screenshot is here, though naturally I'd like a few changes.

Obviously, Bill(the Kerbal in the middle) should have an orange space suit, and be planting the flag instead of sitting there grinning. Mitkin(the Kerbal to the left) should be kneeling down taking a surface sample from Duna, and Mallan(the Kerbal to the right) should be climbing one of the two rovers I sent there(they should look approximately like this, but they have a Docking port on top of them, and they also have a Telus Mobility Enhancer[the yellow, shorter one] on the side of the cockpit with the ladder, it just isn't visible in that shot, and place the lights more 'sideways' relative to the cockpit). Don't forget to make Duna's skies more visible(rather than looking almost absent), and Ike appearing in the horizon.

well a few months ago i intended on making a video of your grand tour to jool

Oh, yes you are right. I guess it was more or less at the same time when you started your cooperation with Nassault because you probably didn't have much time for my humble request - not that it's a bad thing when such great things like "Pale Blue Dot" or "Neil" are created by your duo :) Anyways, if you would like to do anything using GT as inspiration, I would love to help you :)

So, I need to revive this thread for you again...

and seeing how you guys love nic cage stuff... Here's an awesome gif!

[im...] Wait... i can't share it on the thread...

PM me if you want to see the GIF

Also, do you pronounce it 'jif' or 'gif'?

Funny how disagreements can arise over the most inconsequential things, such as how to pronounce an acronym that is used as a file extension.

Nobody has qualms about pronouncing "pdf" or "mp3" in their entirety, but because "gif" could potentially be pronounceable as a word, nobody can agree on what it actually is. :D

Honestly, I'd be happy if GIF would just hurry up and die already. It's a hold-out from the days when the Web was accessed by people who were usually paying for their connections by the minute. Sure, it could be updated to offer more competitive quality and size factors, but that would require changing the whole specification for the format; something that'll never happen in our lifetimes because it's controlled by a committee. Blech. Sadly I think HTML6 will be drafted and finalized before the world gives up gif.

And for the record, I have only heard it pronounced "jif" by people outside the technical/development field, never by web devs or sysops. Also JacobT1 is right, in that the most used pronunciation deserves to become the standard. Otherwise how does Oxford justify accepting words like "hoodie" and "twerk" into the dictionary? *sigh*

/just my 2.5 cents

Honest 2.5 cent rant

Actually, its the guy behind GIF, who demands it being said whit the soft g(j).

Lil' piece of Internet about GIF

Whit that said, a little piece of wisdom is applying here:

Although an interesting diversion, the roots of a word and its original pronunciation are completely irrelevant to common usage. Words have lives of their own. The creators of a word have little control over pronunciation beyond their original act of creation. Words are meant only for communication. The salient question is on "Do you understand my meaning when I say 'GIF'?" If the answer is "Yes." Then the dispute over "proper" pronunciation is absolutely absurd. Very, very, few people pronounce GIF with a soft g. Those who do are understood as well as those who don't. Where is the problem with that...

Also, no more derailment

Edited by Danish_Savage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.