[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I absolutely LOVE this pack but for one thing.... Since I installed it I keep getting "Fatal Error in GC" locking up my client. Is there a mod that this doesn't play well with?

Oh yeah and I absolutely LOVE THIS COCKPIT... and it seems my Kerbonaut alter ego loves it too.

7ReeMDe.png

BEST COCKPIT EVER!

Bac9, please tell me you've at least heard of Metro 2033. The books, the games, whichever!

"If it's hostile, you kill it." ~Hunter

Yeah that's all I could think of too.

Artyom is such a cool name.

Congrats Bac9, you're work is fantastic, glad to see you recognised. On another note, please tell me this isn't going to go the way of KSPX, where the "almost ready next update" stalls and is never released, and no successor is named? Even if parts are eventually going to be incorporated into the stock game, 2.6 should still be released.

hoping that wasnt the case myself after the announcement there has been no word on this packs future

That's to be expected since Squad's recruitment strategy apparently involves abducting them from the back of a panel van late at night.

It is odd though that we haven't heard anything from Taverius. If he doesn't finish this mod then it's likely going to go the same route as KSPX, since I imagine Bac9 has his hands full with the transition to a new job.

Edited by Firov

I agree- I hope this mod does not go the path of the KSPX.

Bac9, Tavarius- Please don't forget about this mod! Let the last update that you have shown us pictures of be updated!

Do not forget us mod-users!

I'd like to have that .craft file if you're willing to share it.

This is about 40 pages late, but I just noticed it after browsing through the thread looking at everyone's cool stuff

http://www.filedropper.com/c-17galaxee

I've removed everything (I hope) that isn't either Stock or part of the B9 pack. This includes the cargo, landing gear, lights, and other small things like the fuel transfer module to keep the fuel balanced as it's used.

For those who don't know, it's this:

4DCA194CD1EB3A0AC65380F613585C015043FDD1

3AB2DE269885144D9F164470E141AA955E70C6D1

It's one of the aircraft that comes with the pack, modified so the Cargobay is upside down for air drops. Without all the other minor things I put on it, that's basically the only change, with the wings re-applied. It's upside down in the SPH for ease of use with adding cargo. Just grab the cockpit and hit Q or E twice to right it before launch. This has been flown to the North Pole and back, never exceeding 12,000m in altitude, or 310m/s in speed. Great aircraft, and all credit goes to Bac9

Edited by Sabor

That's to be expected since Squad's recruitment strategy apparently involves abducting them from the back of a panel van late at night.

It is odd though that we haven't heard anything from Taverius. If he doesn't finish this mod then it's likely going to go the same route as KSPX, since I imagine Bac9 has his hands full with the transition to a new job.

You know, I'm confused as to why the team is recruiting so many amazing art guys from modding. Stock KSP already has most of the parts it needs, so adding more just adds redundancies. Unless they plan to redo some of the stock parts, or add hundreds of new parts, I don't know. But I'm having a hard time imagining their post-hiring output, in the stock game, to be as large as their modding output.

I suppose a few parts could be improved by a redo, and there's the pods missing IVA's, and space station/surface base parts, and resources parts. Plus the eventual DLC stuff. I guess it does make sense.

You know, I'm confused as to why the team is recruiting so many amazing art guys from modding. Stock KSP already has most of the parts it needs, so adding more just adds redundancies. Unless they plan to redo some of the stock parts, or add hundreds of new parts, I don't know. But I'm having a hard time imagining their post-hiring output, in the stock game, to be as large as their modding output.

I suppose a few parts could be improved by a redo, and there's the pods missing IVA's, and space station/surface base parts, and resources parts. Plus the eventual DLC stuff. I guess it does make sense.

Bac9 and Romfarer are understandable. Bac9 for his amazing IVA and Romfarer for the way he overhaulled the UI and the game capacities. For me, they don't need more dev. Nut it's just my opinion.

Anybody have any idea how I can "unlock" one of my cargo bay doors? It launched just fine, used the doors a few times for a day, but then when I came back to it yesterday it changed to "Locked" and i cant activate it any longer.

b91.jpg

you can see that the other two doors are not locked and work just fine, but my cargo is attached at the front lol(they say locked but still open and close, missing button on fore most bay doors)

Edited by HoY

Anybody have any idea how I can "unlock" one of my cargo bay doors? It launched just fine, used the doors a few times for a day, but then when I came back to it yesterday it changed to "Locked" and i cant activate it any longer.

b91.jpg

you can see that the other two doors are not locked and work just fine, but my cargo is attached at the front lol(they say locked but still open and close, missing button on fore most bay doors)

That part is probably not connected to your ship any more. You lose control over parts that break loose.

:0.0: That is purely your opinion dude. In my opinion stock ksp is missing something like 80% of the parts I feel would be necessary to support even most the planned features. And that's not including parts and features Squad might decide are needed in the future. Admittedly how much of that list actually makes it into the first release of the game is up to Squad but I believe there is still a LOT to do to make the game feel whole.

Sorry for the lack of updates, lots of work.

2.6 is still planned, Taverius, careo and Kine added some very cool updates into it this week and I will finish the last one of the 6 new engines as soon as I will have some free time. This mod isn't abandoned and won't be, I guess. I was not ordered to kill it off or something. )

Unfortunately, as I've said, I'm loaded with work both on weekdays and on weekends, and Squad is a priority, so progress on the content might be slow. Sorry, no ETA, but there isn't much left to be done. Next release would be a very important milestone for this mod, packed with very, very sweet features.

Edited by bac9

That part is probably not connected to your ship any more. You lose control over parts that break loose.

As you can tell by my ability to bring up a context menu on the part, it is still connected to the ship. Every single part behind it is also connected to that one section as well, and would not function without it being connected. Internally all the lights and docking ports connected to it directly still work too