[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

If I may, might I suggest you add the ability to play pong on flight computer? I'm sure the kerbals would enjoy the distraction! :wink:

Why not HSP, human space program ? :P

Anyway, good to have some news Bac :)

So using this pack and a few other parts, such as the Modular Wheels, I've managed to create an Orbiter that can ferry payloads that are quite large into Orbit, and glide back to KSC. I posted some pictures in the pictures sticky thread, but now here's a video

Very cool orbiter but I have to ask how did you get that to orbit? I ask because im trying to develop a horizontal takeoff/landing ssto cargo craft. Im at that point where im wondering why im doing this lol.

@Sabor

Very well done here, this is just ... impressive !

Care to share the .craft ? Please :)

If you really want it

http://www.filedropper.com/saborianshuttle

Addons required:

B9, obviously

Modular Wheels (Landing Gear): http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/modular-multiwheels-and-omniwheels/

Mechjeb 2.0, though you can edit the .craft and remove this if you really don't want it

Soviet Pack (Only the Boom from the Buran is used) http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/soyuz-pack-1-0/

KW Rocketry: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-1-kw-rocketry-overhauled/

I believe that's everything, and pretty much all of the addons I have installed, too. If it won't load let me know. I think I'm going to go ahead and upload this to Kerbal Space Port as well

Edited by Sabor

Very cool orbiter but I have to ask how did you get that to orbit? I ask because im trying to develop a horizontal takeoff/landing ssto cargo craft. Im at that point where im wondering why im doing this lol.

2 3.75m Liquid Rockets on either side of it. Both the fuel tanks feed into the Orbiter's fuel tank, too, so even its engine is firing away on launch. It isn't pretty but it gets the job done

I too am trying to develop this. I think my biggest problem is trying for too large of a payload. I want to build one that can fly up to a refueling station in orbit, gas up and fly out to a shipyard (orbital construction) out at geosynch, then fly back to KSC. I intend to combine this with KAS and use the Romfarer/Bobcat robotic arms to load new payloads into the bay then launch again.

I have yet to get a large enough space-plane up dry let alone with a payload. :(

Since everyone's doing this I'm sharing my SSTO cargo spaceplane too.

This is built and tested with B9, Taverius pack, FAR, deadly reentry and MJ2.0

Sending 27tons of payload into low orbit

MYSdiu6.png

J1WAduG.jpg

Zfmulcs.jpg?1

Here are some pic's of my space plane although it can't land on land.

i want it to land on water but now with the current game that is not possible for me.

it is designed to be a fuel carrier although i need to add some more rcs tanks to it.

The srb's in the second pic are part of the circulation burn they provide near 50 to 70 % of the thrust required to spare fuel

BRCjDEi.jpg

Po63T9D.png

HD3mpP6.jpg

Edited by xeon_1

You know, I'm confused as to why the team is recruiting so many amazing art guys from modding. Stock KSP already has most of the parts it needs, so adding more just adds redundancies. Unless they plan to redo some of the stock parts, or add hundreds of new parts, I don't know. But I'm having a hard time imagining their post-hiring output, in the stock game, to be as large as their modding output.

I suppose a few parts could be improved by a redo, and there's the pods missing IVA's, and space station/surface base parts, and resources parts. Plus the eventual DLC stuff. I guess it does make sense.

The reason for it is that the old Dev Team was feeling extremely cramped with the amount of work they had on their plates. They saw how much attention certain mod packs were getting and how good they were, and did the smart thing and gave a modder a job. I think it's brilliant, personally - it makes updates more full and come quicker! Or at least have more stuff in them when they do - having more brains and computers attacking a problem is never a bad thing.

The reason for it is that the old Dev Team was feeling extremely cramped with the amount of work they had on their plates. They saw how much attention certain mod packs were getting and how good they were, and did the smart thing and gave a modder a job. I think it's brilliant, personally - it makes updates more full and come quicker! Or at least have more stuff in them when they do - having more brains and computers attacking a problem is never a bad thing.

Indeed. The modders being picked are not being chosen because of fancy new parts, they are being chosen because of quality and implementation. The plans for the stuff in KSP are such that they have really just now finished the core material and are getting ready to really start cranking out stuff like resources, proper missions, crew training, etc. And as an example when they get ready to really get into resources, it would be prudent for them to consult with Kulesz and Majiir (Kethane) because of the quality and implementation of the Kethane pack.

Devs hiring on the talented modders isn't a new thing. It happens a lot. And why shouldn't it. You get good people who enjoy what they do and there's no better worker than someone who likes their job

I hope the most recent version of this mod comes out.... It is one of the best mods I have ever seen.

If you read back a few post bac9 said the update will be coming out but because of alot of work the process is slow

Do we know if the large 2.5m Mk5 cockpit piece will get an interior cockpit? I'm all for using the S2 type that's already available, but if you swap the interior to that one, you still can't see outside so it's only slightly more useful

Edited by Sabor

Do we know if the large 2.5m Mk5 cockpit piece will get an interior cockpit? I'm all for using the S2 type that's already available, but if you swap the interior to that one, you still can't see outside so it's only slightly more useful

MK5 and S3 probably won't get an IVA anytime soon, unfortunately. It's a very, very hard and time-consuming thing to make, and I wasn't planning to work on them for immediate update due to lack of time. Even if I wasn't hired it would have been unlikely for these IVAs to arrive soon.

MK5 and S3 probably won't get an IVA anytime soon, unfortunately. It's a very, very hard and time-consuming thing to make, and I wasn't planning to work on them for immediate update due to lack of time. Even if I wasn't hired it would have been unlikely for these IVAs to arrive soon.

I was fine with that, I thought perhaps support for adding one of the already amazing IVA's would be thrown in place so there would be something. I just tried, again, to replace the stock GenericSpace in the Mk5 with the great S2 interior and now I can actually see outside, rather than just a cockpit inside the model with no way to see out. I don't know if anything changed to allow that between 2.1 and 2.5, but I'm happy now