[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

No, it will never be split into several mods since that would be a support and maintenance nightmare. Also, amount of parts has no relation to performance effect, amount of textures and meshes does, and it's quite low here. This mod won't push your memory usage higher by any significant margin. Pocket change in comparison with 400mb KW Rocketry.

Relevant part put into bold.

My instance of KSP 0.20.2 (on a 32 bit OS, 512 MB video RAM) would disagree.

At full res textures, B9 Aerospace uses up a good 300 MB for me, while KW Rocketry only tacks on about 320 MB to m RAM usage.

When I crank down Texture Res to 1/8... for reasons I can only attribute to a bug, B9 Aerospace is 'still' using up roughly 300 MB of RAM, while KW Rocketry gets knocked down to roughly 40 MB of RAM usage.

(I restarted KSP 'a lot' with my testing, of just KPS Stock as a control, then KSP + single mods, at full rendering/texture res and minimal rendering/texture res settings)

It really ruins my enjoyment of KSP when I have to leave out wonderful mods like B9 Aerospace because my instance of KSP at present wants to be horribly inefficient with mods that have png files.

More so considering I never had this problem in KSP 0.19.1 with B9 Aerospace 2.5. (where 1/8 textures would knock down RAM usage to a little under 40 MB and better fit with other larger mods I have for KSP 0.19.1)

The same basic issue I am having has also popped up for others on Lack's mod thread.

Looking at the airbrake code, it just changes the part's drag, which is applied entirely retrograde, rather than taking account the angle between the airstream and the surface of the airbrake. (This is in the firespitter plugin.)

Looking at the airbrake code, it just changes the part's drag, which is applied entirely retrograde, rather than taking account the angle between the airstream and the surface of the airbrake. (This is in the firespitter plugin.)

Right. Report that to Snjo in the Firespitter thread, would you? :D

In other news, thanks to some work by a.g. in the FAR thread I have the correct formula for ramp and S2W intakes, so the flow will be correct from now on. The intake speeds will give you meaningless values, mind.

i mean when i downloaded it i didnt get all the parts

Yes you did. There's more than 1 part per folder. Counting the folders is not an accurate count of parts anymore. This is necessary to share textures and models.

If you mean in-game, if you don't see all the parts you did not follow the installation instructions. You MUST have 0.20.2, and you MUST install in GameData in without changing the names of the directories.

In other news, thanks to some work by a.g. in the FAR thread I have the correct formula for ramp and S2W intakes, so the flow will be correct from now on. The intake speeds will give you meaningless values, mind.

Great! will it work for both turbofan (TFE731 and CF34) engines too?

Great! will it work for both turbofan (TFE731 and CF34) engines too?

Yup.

it does not work all i get is the parts from the update wtf

That's not a very descriptive error report. If you don't actually explain what's wrong nobody can help you.

DECOUPLERS NEEDED

Love the pack, but would it be possible to get a few decouplers added to it?

Considering the amount of thought and work that went into this it's hard to believe such a simple part was overlooked.

Matching decouplers would make this PERFECT!

P.S. Once the game is in it's release state, I recommend charging for this pack. You've done a very impressive job here, and I see it as being more than worthy enough to be sold as an add-on.

Edited by DaedalEVE

My apologies if this has already been suggested somewhere in the past 161 pages.

I like the B9 textures on a simple 1.25m cylinder for the revamped mk I fuselage. Would it be possible to get the same kind of textures on simple 2.5m cylinders? Those would work well with various other fuselage pieces here.

P.S. Once the game is in it's release state, I recommend charging for this pack. You've done a very impressive job here, and I see it as being more than worthy enough to be sold as an add-on.

+1 to that but also once the game is in a release state all these parts would have to be somewhere on a "tech tree". Probably a bit higher up due to the futuristic design. That just begs the title "Add-on".

One strange thing I noticed. The stock planes don't have all action groups set up, which makes the info box thingy pointless.

Sounds weird. They all work here? The only thing I know that could break them is if you didn't install the various plugins along with the parts, or maybe overwrote the firespitter plugin with an older version that does not have FSanimateGeneric.

Or they could just Hire Bac9 :sticktongue:

Version R3.1 released.

Download:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-20-2-b9-aerospace-pack-r3-1 (woah, editable urls on spaceport!)

http://www./?uz3sx8631qebreu

Changelog:

• Fixed raised MK1 tail model to show up properly instead of straight one.
  • Cargo bays should now be detected properly by FAR, shielding the contents and preventing cargo crafts with payloads from flying like bricks.
  • Intake stats recalculated using a different formula (factoring the root of mass / 0.01 for unitScalar, and factoring (unitScalar*sqrt(coeff))/(unitscalar+1) into the speed). Nothing changed gameplay-wise, but that will fix improper flow reporting in KSP context windows. Nope, RBM intakes never were 10 times more powerful than others, KSP lied to you. It will continue to lie about air speed though.
  • Fixed S2 Body 2m model.
  • P4 and P8 reinforced structural panel nodes changed. While stock bug that forbids parenting with nodes on more than one axis is still present and unsolved, axis that works should be vertical now, which contains most useful nodes suitable for adapters and other stuff.
  • SCDV Vonnegut example craft updated to use new wing models.
  • S2W 3.75m adapter no longer contains LFO in structural version.
  • SABRE M Precooler node sizes fixed.
  • Included source files folder that was missing from R3.0c (uh-oh).

It looks as intended, current aerobrake module is not supporting animation so piston part was removed as it can not be moved properly with simple rotation.

It looks as intended, current aerobrake module is not supporting animation so piston part was removed as it can not be moved properly with simple rotation.

Now that you are on the dev team Bac9, please look into the attachment nodes moving with the animations or with animated colliders if you ever get the opportunity please. I know there is a limitation, I'm not a coder so I'm not sure what it is but damned robotics seemed to have overcome it some time ago, I have no issues with their rotators and animated parts combining, such as the hinges that allow nodes to move with DR's animation. Just a thought. :)

Sounds weird. They all work here? The only thing I know that could break them is if you didn't install the various plugins along with the parts, or maybe overwrote the firespitter plugin with an older version that does not have FSanimateGeneric.

I sorta wonder why parts from multiple plugins can't be mutually exclusive. So which mod I install first. Firespitter or B9?

I sorta wonder why parts from multiple plugins can't be mutually exclusive. So which mod I install first. Firespitter or B9?

Install whichever one has the newest plugin last. Hell, if you have Firespitter as well as B9 you can skip installing the version of the firespitter plugin we provide, so long as you keep firespitter up to date. Its currently at 5.1.1 (Pre5) on spaceport.

We could probably swing it with LookAtFX and FXConstrain but it sounds like a lot of work for a little piston geegaw.