[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

KerbPaint and the FS texture switcher do different things. KerbPaint makes you able to change colors of parts, while the FS texture switcher allows you to have different textures. The FS texture switcher would work best for B9, as it would allow for tile patterns, where KerbPaint would just make the wings a uniform black color. They are equally memory intensive when there's one alternate texture for the FS plugin, when more alternate textures are made, the FS plugin becomes linearly more memory intensive. The two mods are, however, fundamentally different.

Oh right Kerbpaint uses shaders, its even advertised as "a shader replacement addon" :$

Feeling stupid now :x

B9 4.0c does not seems to agree with my other mods. B9 3.3 worked fine with them though. I even did a clean KSP install with B9 R4 and it still crashes after the loading.

same here it dose not like the warp plugin mod..or interstellar mod that is....see yo can't fix that or i can ask him about it.

Edited by akh101

Okay, so I got the mod, and when I replace all the files that it asks to replace when I copy the files in the mod parts come in, but when the squad folder goes away all the stock parts disappear, and if I put squad back in the menu's shaders are all messed up and the game freezes. Any ideas?

Okay, so I got the mod, and when I replace all the files that it asks to replace when I copy the files in the mod parts come in, but when the squad folder goes away all the stock parts disappear, and if I put squad back in the menu's shaders are all messed up and the game freezes. Any ideas?

You didn't install correctly. Follow the instructions, its hardly rocket science :)

If you're on mac, you oughto to know by now that dragging a folder over a folder replaces, not merges. Use copy and paste.

@everyone who wants even more textures: Are you sure about that? think about all the issues we're having with running out of memory right now.

@everyone asking me to make decouplers: its bac9 who makes most of the models, and all the texures. bug him about decouplers. I have no interest in it myself. Also, the line above about increasing texture count is valid here too :P

We're at 210 parts here people, which is quite a few more than the base game, think carefully about what would actually be useful.

Edited by Taverius

Alright, ResGen is driving me nuts. I gave up on it long ago - couldn't get it to do anything. The compressed air RCS in B9 works perfectly, though.

I tried making a duplicate of the part, gave it different name, description, etc. and put it in a different folder. Still worked.

Removed the RCS module from the part, leaving only ResGen. It generated compressed air, but only when pressing buttons to change pitch, despite not being an RCS module at all (wut?)

I changed the ResGen output to MonoPropellant, then it did nothing. No monopropellant produced, or IntakeAir or electricity consumed. Pretty much the null behavior I'm used to from ResGen.

Asking for help with this on the ResGen thread got no response, so since B9 managed to make the mod actually do something, I'm hoping someone can share the secret.

Here's the modified, do-nothing part.cfg

PART
{
// --- general parameters ---
name = hoowah
module = Part
author = rhoark

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = B9_Aerospace/Parts/Control_RCS_Blocks/Port_R1A
}
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = advAerodynamics
entryCost = 6850
cost = 890
category = Control
subcategory = 0
title = asdfdsfgsdge
manufacturer = dsgsdgsdg
description = fsdghfdhfstgdsgsfdgfsd

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.05
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.01
minimum_drag = 0.01
angularDrag = 0.1
crashTolerance = 50
breakingForce = 50
breakingTorque = 50
maxTemp = 3400
fuelCrossFeed = True

MODULE
{
name = ResGen
INPUT
{
name = IntakeAir
rate = 0.1
}
INPUT
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.02
}
OUTPUT
{
name = MonoPropellant
rate = 1
}
}

RESOURCE
{
name = MonoPropellant
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 10
}
}

I cannot enjoy the parts of B9 R4 because something in it is making me crash after loading. I'm stuck with R3.3 until something with R4 is fixed. I have no idea what parts are wrong with it. I even tried merging R4 with R3.3. The problem seems to be in the R4 B9 Aerospace folder.

I cannot enjoy the parts of B9 R4 because something in it is making me crash after loading. I'm stuck with R3.3 until something with R4 is fixed. I have no idea what parts are wrong with it. I even tried merging R4 with R3.3. The problem seems to be in the R4 B9 Aerospace folder.

are you sure it's not just because you may have too many mods?

are you sure it's not just because you may have too many mods?

If it 3.3 works with my mods, why wouldn't 4.0c?

I'm pretty sure it's the mod itself, I'm having the same problem. It took me a minute to figure out that it was B9 doing it, but the second I took it out the folder it made it past the loading screen to the start menu.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Have any solutions or tricks? I want to try the 4.0 parts so badly :P

If it 3.3 works with my mods, why wouldn't 4.0c?

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Have any solutions or tricks? I want to try the 4.0 parts so badly :P

0.22 has more content (science parts, R&D centre, tech tree) And so does 4.0c over 3.3, with more wings, landing gear, lights and bay. Therefore both together are larger than previous .21 and 3.3 regarding KSP's RAM limit.

No problems to report, but I do have my two cents worth as a new user to the fourms;

Great mod, really loving the new landing gear in the update, along with everything else, of course. In fact, I actually had to use those lower resolution textures, this mod is getting big!

I like trying to make things out of these parts, but I'm not much for SSTOs, so I made this today:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577878070220280161/988D0C3DA4459829D86720E14C1496C40497F13A/

I had been working at a B9 space shuttle for a while, and I finally got this design which I'm actually happy with. It works in space, and can actually fly in atmosphere (with SAS on).

The new RCS blocks are nice, so I also did some .craft file editing and replaced the RCS blocks on the bottom with the heat shielded ones, those little extra details are crucial.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577878070220063050/6DF35D0129E9E40D956D09B93969559DA2E83528/

Keep up the good work on the mod!:)

Thanks for the awesome mod!

Unluckily I'm one of the folks for whom it crashes during loading (no other mods installed):

- On Windows it works fine.

- On Linux it crashes during loading for both x86 and 64-versions. According to KSP.log it does happen while loading the cockpit internals. Using low-res textures only means a crash while loading a different cockpit internal.

It shouldn't be the main memory (8GB) - mayhaps it's the video memory? Or one of the .dlls used? Anything I could help debugging?

0.22 has more content (science parts, R&D centre, tech tree) And so does 4.0c over 3.3, with more wings, landing gear, lights and bay. Therefore both together are larger than previous .21 and 3.3 regarding KSP's RAM limit.
No problems to report, but I do have my two cents worth as a new user to the fourms;

Great mod, really loving the new landing gear in the update, along with everything else, of course. In fact, I actually had to use those lower resolution textures, this mod is getting big!

I like trying to make things out of these parts, but I'm not much for SSTOs, so I made this today:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577878070220280161/988D0C3DA4459829D86720E14C1496C40497F13A/

I had been working at a B9 space shuttle for a while, and I finally got this design which I'm actually happy with. It works in space, and can actually fly in atmosphere (with SAS on).

The new RCS blocks are nice, so I also did some .craft file editing and replaced the RCS blocks on the bottom with the heat shielded ones, those little extra details are crucial.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577878070220063050/6DF35D0129E9E40D956D09B93969559DA2E83528/

Keep up the good work on the mod!:)

B9. Landing. Gear. D:

Give it. to me. now.

I wouldn't want more textures, but since there are thermal tile textures in the pack, I'd want them on the bottom of any kind of wing. Or just the B9-styled procedural wing.

Yeah, except that SPH mirroring is actually just a flip, so you'd have the thermal tiles (which are individually painted by bac9, btw, so they cant exactly be copy-pasted) on the bottom of the wing on side and the top on the other. WHich is why nobody else has done it without separate left-right wings or using a little used cfg property called MirrorRefAxis which lets you kind of do it but screws up mods because they don't expect it and check for it.

Alright, ResGen is driving me nuts. I gave up on it long ago - couldn't get it to do anything. The compressed air RCS in B9 works perfectly, though.

I tried making a duplicate of the part, gave it different name, description, etc. and put it in a different folder. Still worked.

Removed the RCS module from the part, leaving only ResGen. It generated compressed air, but only when pressing buttons to change pitch, despite not being an RCS module at all (wut?)

I changed the ResGen output to MonoPropellant, then it did nothing. No monopropellant produced, or IntakeAir or electricity consumed. Pretty much the null behavior I'm used to from ResGen.

Asking for help with this on the ResGen thread got no response, so since B9 managed to make the mod actually do something, I'm hoping someone can share the secret.

Here's the modified, do-nothing part.cfg

PART
{
// --- general parameters ---
name = hoowah
module = Part
author = rhoark

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = B9_Aerospace/Parts/Control_RCS_Blocks/Port_R1A
}
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = advAerodynamics
entryCost = 6850
cost = 890
category = Control
subcategory = 0
title = asdfdsfgsdge
manufacturer = dsgsdgsdg
description = fsdghfdhfstgdsgsfdgfsd

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.05
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.01
minimum_drag = 0.01
angularDrag = 0.1
crashTolerance = 50
breakingForce = 50
breakingTorque = 50
maxTemp = 3400
fuelCrossFeed = True

MODULE
{
name = ResGen
INPUT
{
name = IntakeAir
rate = 0.1
}
INPUT
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 0.02
}
OUTPUT
{
name = MonoPropellant
rate = 1
}
}

RESOURCE
{
name = MonoPropellant
amount = 0.0
maxAmount = 10
}
}

It was me who got it to work - couldn't tell you why its not for you, but I'll take a look at what you c.fg does in-game tomorrow and pm you.

I'm pretty sure it's the mod itself, I'm having the same problem. It took me a minute to figure out that it was B9 doing it, but the second I took it out the folder it made it past the loading screen to the start menu.

There are exactly 2 possibilities here.

1) You're running out memory.

If you were to look at the log in KSP_Data/output_log.txt - which you should always do when figuring out where a crash is from - you'd see an out of memory exception of some sort. Use the reduced textures subpack in 4.0c.

2) You didn't install properly.

If you're not running out of memory, please install properly. Everything in the place we gave it, with the name we gave it, and all the plugins.

But its almost certainly 1, especially if you're running other big mods.

Awesome job with the R4.0c release. This pack really has such a high standard.

I had some troubles initially, KSP just wouldn't load, but switching to the reduced textures sorted that out.

I have to confess, I did shed a couple tears for the VTOL jets being made sensible. But then again I was flinging small/medium sized aircraft into solar orbits using nothing but air-breathing engines! I'd made a probe that could reach any planet on less than a ton of fuel, just had to make the intercept while in the upper atmo (going 3000+ms in a ball of fire) which was tricky but fun. oh well, I knew it couldn't last!

*snip According to KSP.log it does happen while loading the cockpit internals. snip*

actually, that's were my KSP would hang, on the very last stock internal, so at first I didn't think it was B9, but switching to reduced textures sorted everything out. I do have other mods so I'm pushing the edge of mem usage.

hey guys. I have to be doing something wrong but i dont know what it is. For whatever reason when I use the VTOL engines from this pack. When I use them in symmetry mode, or I even download a plane that has done that. One of the engines is always upside down. I know you can invert the rotation. But being that none of the crafts I download have a action group set for that. it makes me wonder why im always having to just deal with it. Or almost break symmetry by placing the vtols by hand trying to get them rotated the same direction. Anyone have any idea what im doing wrong here? Thanks

So I hunted around for an answer to this because I have the same issue. I couldn't find an answer so I did some experimenting and now have a solution. You need to edit the craft file and change invertSet to be true on the engines which are turning the wrong way. To make finding the right engine in the craft file easier this is what I do;

- first edit the craft in the SPH and click on the action group editor button.

- then click on one of the engines which has the wrong rotation and set its stepAngle to something silly, this is just so you can identify this engine when you edit the file. I set it to 42 (for some reason). Do that for each engine which has the wrong rotation and then save the craft file. (oh yeah, make a backup first).

- Then edit the craft file in a txt editor and search for FSVTOLrotator. Keep searching until you find the FSVTOLrotator that has the stepAngle that you just set and on that one change the invertSet value from False to True (and then change the stepAngle back to what it should be). Repeat for all the problem engines. save the file and the re-load the craft in the SPH.

- launch and you should find those engines which where rotating the wrong way are now going the same way as the others.

Hope that helps.

Hey there. I have to say I love the update! I'm a huge fan of b9 because I love me my spaceplanes and your mod lets me make beautiful ones so thank you!

I just have one comment regarding the update. I currently have a ~135 ton(loaded) cargo SSTO to bring things into LKO. I am having a problem with the new landing gear. Every time I try to pitch up off the landing strip all the weight is put on the 2 sets of gear at the rear of the plane causing them to begin to wobble.I am hopefully assuming this is not intended. If you could fix this that would be great! For now I will make do with strutting them to the fuselage with the shiny new struts.

Thank you!

Soup

Edit: I forgot to ask - regarding the sabre changes did you change their stats on how quickly they overheat? I have noticed a big different and I have to actively manage my heat now instead of ignoring it :P Are the sabre heat exchangers worthwhile using now?

Some notes from a Mac/Steam user:

Current version of B9 (R4.0c) will crash KSP (.22) unless in low texture mode

Even under low-texture mode, B9 parts do not show up in editor for either SPH or VAB

Following instructions literally, (overwriting game data folder) removes *all* parts from KSP (including stock), in both sandbox and career mode. (This is, of course, because it does not merge the folder in OS X, it literally replaces it, removing the Squad folder as well-- I have long assumed that this was simply an oversight in the instructions, but, this causing so many issues, I thought it was worth mentioning-- if for no other reason than I think a note should be made of this unique quirk in the readme). "Manual merging" by inserting folders from within included gamedata folder into the original (without overwriting) results in stock parts only-- no B9 parts showing up at all.

So, to recap: installing according to instructions has long caused the Mac version to lose stock parts, and this is no exception-- but even when merging the folders manually, in R4.0c, no B9 parts appears in either sandbox or career mode.

This is a fantastic mod, and I've used it for a long time, and I thought the developers would like to know about these issues. I would also politely request that a note be made in the readme that the B9 parts should be merged into the gamedata folder, not "overwritten".

I can provide further information on my KSP version, and if necessary, give output of the ksp logfile (I currently have just reinstalled and don't have the "problem" log file available, but can reproduce it easily).

Thanks so much!

Edited by cssteerpike

Some notes from a Mac/Steam user:

Current version of B9 (R4.0c) will crash KSP (.22) unless in low texture mode

Even under low-texture mode, B9 parts do not show up in editor for either SPH or VAB

Following instructions literally, (overwriting game data folder) removes *all* parts from KSP (including stock), in both sandbox and career mode. (This is, of course, because it does not merge the folder in OS X, it literally replaces it, removing the Squad folder as well-- I have long assumed that this was simply an oversight in the instructions, but, this causing so many issues, I thought it was worth mentioning-- if for no other reason than I think a note should be made of this unique quirk in the readme). "Manual merging" by inserting folders from within included gamedata folder into the original (without overwriting) results in stock parts only-- no B9 parts showing up at all.

So, to recap: installing according to instructions has long caused the Mac version to lose stock parts, and this is no exception-- but even when merging the folders manually, in R4.0c, no B9 parts appears in either sandbox or career mode.

This is a fantastic mod, and I've used it for a long time, and I thought the developers would like to know about these issues. I would also politely request that a note be made in the readme that the B9 parts should be merged into the gamedata folder, not "overwritten".

I can provide further information on my KSP version, and if necessary, give output of the ksp logfile (I currently have just reinstalled and don't have the "problem" log file available, but can reproduce it easily).

Thanks so much!

I have the same problem on OS X. I tried clean installs and still no parts. Really frustrating. I have yet to try it on Windows.

Question, the stock crafts with the cargo bays, how the fudge do you get a docking port to connect the port already inside the bay whilst in the SPH, all it wants to do is attach itself to everywhere but where I want it.

Using the mod in Windows works fine. Considering the reports here, the problems seem to be Linux and MacOS specific.

System:

Opensuse 12.3-64bit (with updates)

i7-2600

8GB RAM

Clean KSP Install with B9 being the only mod. Running KSP.x86_64. I can provide the output for the 32-bit version as well, if needed.

Full texture version:

Stacktrace:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.WWW.GetTexture (bool) <0x00069>

at UnityEngine.WWW.get_texture () <0x0000f>

at DatabaseLoaderTexture_PNG/.MoveNext () <0x00227>

at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_bool__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x00059>

Native stacktrace:

/home/tolstoi/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0x92c92) [0x7f1d7ee90c92]

/home/tolstoi/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0xd000d) [0x7f1d7eece00d]

/lib64/libpthread.so.0(+0xf1f0) [0x7f1d830871f0]

/home/tolstoi/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0xbcec9f]

[0x7fff4c1bcde0]

<snip>

=================================================================

Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates

a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries

used by your application.

<snip>

Load(Texture): Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/model000

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/LinuxStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Reduced texture version:

Stacktrace:

at UnityEngine.WWW.get_texture () <0x0000f>

at DatabaseLoaderTexture_PNG/.MoveNext () <0x00227>

at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_bool__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x00059>

Native stacktrace:

/home/tolstoi/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0x92c92) [0x7f0fd05b4c92]

/home/tolstoi/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libmono.so(+0xd000d) [0x7f0fd05f200d]

/lib64/libpthread.so.0(+0xf1f0) [0x7f0fd47ab1f0]

/home/tolstoi/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.x86_64() [0xbcec9f]

[0x7fff04087640]

<snip>

Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates

a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries

used by your application.

<snip>

Load(Texture): Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/model007

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/LinuxStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Hope this helps in pinpointing the error.

I realise I haven't posted here in awhile...

Well...

Introducing!

The K-55 Quad!

screenshot5_by_akutou-d6s3dez.png

screenshot6_by_akutou-d6s3dep.png

screenshot7_by_akutou-d6s3def.png

Cabana Corp's newest interceptor, this baby has a maximum acceleration of just shy of 40 m/s at full throttle. Can safely cruise at altitudes of about 20-22 000 m (Flight Ceiling of about 22 500 m) and has a Vno (maximum velocity while in cruise) of ~1384.46 m/s (Mach 4.06) and Vne (never-exceed velocity) of about 1448.55 m/s (Mach 4.25).

Ideal cruise is at ~18 000m and around 1255 m/s (Mach 3.69) with 80% throttle. Can also cruise comfortably at 35% throttle at speeds of near 510.4 m/s (Mach 1.5) at ~15 000 m.

A near-perfectly balanced plane, capable of stable 0/0 (pitch/roll) flight even when one of the lower tanks has been emptied (filling the main fuselage).

Test pilots: Our very own Bill and Jeb Kerman!

Please applaud Bill for it was his first successful TAL (taxi-after-landing)!

The K-50 Deux!

screenshot16_by_akutou-d6s3o3h.png

screenshot9_by_akutou-d6s3nz6.png

screenshot10_by_akutou-d6s3nzk.png

screenshot18_by_akutou-d6s3o3z.png

screenshot19_by_akutou-d6s3o4o.png

screenshot22_by_akutou-d6s3o4y.png

screenshot20_by_akutou-d6s3o58.png

Sporting only 2 engines, the Deux (also called "the Duke" by some of Cabana Corp's pilots) is a short-range, fast response interceptor capable of out-flying it's larger brother, the Quad, in both overall maximum velocity and manoeuvrability. It's maximum acceleration is only a few centimetres short of 50 m/s at full-throttle!

The "Duke" is also capable of a safe cruise altitude of almost 24 000 m with a Flight Ceiling of just under 26 000 m. It's Vno is 1416.2 m/s (Mach 4.16) and has a Vne of 1520.6 m/s (Mach 4.46).

Ideal cruise is at 18-20 000 m and around 1344.4 m/s (Mach 3.95) with 100% throttle. Can also achieve cruise speeds at around 40-50% throttle of near 895.8 m/s (Mach 2.63) at as low as 12-13 000 m.

A very stable plane, capable of almost immediate manual recovery after single engine flame-out and around 4 second uncontrollable spin.

Test pilots: Jeb and Bill Kerman.

Please give a pat on the back to Jeb who finally managed to land after several fly-bys and even four runway hops...

He also managed to not hit the Quad parked just outside the hangar... Now who left that there...

Edited by BananaDealer