[WIP] Living large: Iva and station stuff.:.

ahappydude

haahhaa very cool dude, I think baloons are the way to go for the delivery for sure. I can help you with your geodesic glass if you want, we can clean that up a bit I think.

Do you want a frame for it? I noticed you took the frame from around the glass, which leaves that gap in between each panel, I have a nice low poly frame thats reasonably clean and has double sided textures

on it, so you can see it ok inside the dome too..

My dome is similar to yours but because I am remaking the one from the movie silent running I am sort of restricted in it's design, but essentially what we are doing is pretty much the same thing. I would like to help you and we maybe work on some antigravity? it would be nice to be able to walk in these things while they are in orbit.

anyway, this is the frame, let me know i can send to you.

image.php?id=E519_5178A4E1&jpg

Thanks for the response jones and devo =)

I managed to optimise it a little bit by getting rid of faces i dont really need but it takes tame haha.

Yes i was thinking about a frame, i tried doing one but it was very blocky so i need to smooth it out. Well that would be kind =) I will give credit to you ofc!

What do you think about having elevator attached to the frame ?

Yes i think so too, do you think that track thingine i sent a screen on is possible/impossible?

That transport balloon got some work added but last night on the lunch it sent the whole dome flying very unstable and fast hahah need more tweaks.

Finally going to add seats today so you see the bridge part of the dome=) It would be fun to rls it as a pack, but not sure when its ready :P

I was lookking at the old antogravity plugin, its ralative easy to change the "force" to more match kerbins one but it would be great if we coukld create an kspfield, so inside the dome or rather an gizmo thay you have to wear so you get more weight and pulls downwards.

Just ideas,:P Hooligan did an amazing job with squid plates, hmm looking in his source files maybe will get me some good info how to do it cheers

Edited by ahappydude

Y1nl6TW.pngGarage dome has taken more form, besides the clampstaion for launching upwards there will be a bay for rovers. In preporiations for that i made an slider then trough animations slides forward, then down. And got basic railings for the kerbals to

kH7Zkhe.png

1GxHUY5.jpg commanddome got their second deck =) They will install the chairs latter on after some snacks below the stars. Hm i think im will make the deck a seperate part so you can decide yourself how high up in the domde you want it and so on

Edited by ahappydude

mqgCnIH.jpg

QYrMEft.jpg

rNSyMZ4.jpg

Got her to compile and get in the game at last... albeit with only one node collider, mumechtoggle is giving me a lot of grief. Lots of walkthrough ghost objects and crashes. Any ideas?

I mean I can import into Unity but how do I say some objects you can walk through but other objects you can't? My giant airlocks are only 4 triangles.

That looks great! Solid steel hehe. Hm i recently found a really good trick for making node_colliders..;) Say if you got the glassphere, dublicate that m object, rename it to node_collider, remove renderer, add mesh collider , Voila =)

You now get a perfect collider for your object

2OXNOs7.pngChjr2S8.png

Edited by ahappydude

JHIWVnc.jpg

I managed to put some node colliders in her, still a lot of work to do to prevent walkthroughable walls. Couldn't get Unity kerbalized so went back to node_collider.001, node_collider.002, node_collider.003, you get the idea.

I had loads of complaints about the texturing, I might spend a bit of time in PSP tonight on things like floors, ceilings, signs etc.

Also check out my latest video of the dome in the game:

Edited by Kayaking4autism

I recently found a really good way for making colliders :)

If you got my dome mesh for example, i duplucate that object in unity

add mesh collider,

remove the renderer that is attached and voila you get a perfect concave collider that fits your mesh perfectly :)

Hope it helps! cheers

Yes i will rls it but it still need tweaking but pretty much done ^^

Kayaking4autism, i dont think there is anything wrong with your textures, and i yhin you should rls it at same time as mine haha ;) Try doing it as one single mesh so walls, floors get the way uou need it to be , and the collider trick i mentioned. Looks great! cheers

Edited by ahappydude

I have a video update of my dome with all the working flip down ramps, airlocks, dance stage, adverts, safety rails, plants,

please have a little look and let me know what you think:

cheers:

Oh and I got the lift to work too:

amRAyxj.jpg

Woh, looking ace *) Sweet bay doors to Try my beta out if you like,link in first post

Your Floating Island loads in the VAB but quits the game without even an error message on launch.

Nevertheless, I was looking forwards to seeing the thing with my own eyes, I like the rope ladder approach of getting up to it, how quaint. Still I must prefer my flipdown ramp.

Tell me, do those doors open and close when you walk up to them? How did you do that? Did you do some clever coding in Unity?

Your Floating Island loads in the VAB but quits the game without even an error message on launch.

Nevertheless, I was looking forwards to seeing the thing with my own eyes, I like the rope ladder approach of getting up to it, how quaint. Still I must prefer my flipdown ramp.

Tell me, do those doors open and close when you walk up to them? How did you do that? Did you do some clever coding in Unity?

same problem here, can't actually run it sorry happydude, upon launch I get the krakken

Very strange, i must have gotten something messed up in unity but it worked for me which is even more strange..

Haha yes this is the first part of the dome city, the pioner dome, and as you know the poioners didnt have any ramps and such haha ;)

Just kidding, the other dome which is the garage and launch has a big ramp that extend and rotate so you can drive out safetly =) The thrid is the commanddome witbh seats and control consoles. All three have air hatches for kerbals and roof acces.

You could use mechtoggle but for now im just using animations, But yeah you could make the door a bit rigid so it swings open like a western saloon door haha

Dont know if its possible but it would fit with the style to have like tiny sensors by the doors so they open when a kerbal is near. Dont know how long time it took for you top rig every servo but doing it that way makes it more a biodome with controls so its sweetbeans =)

cheers

Edited by ahappydude

I did manage to get your floating island to run, but I got stuck in the hut, no idea how to get out of it.

Nevertheless I have a working, flyable, level, with working doors, elevators, plants, stairs, music stage, airlocks, 3d printer bay, ramp, internal engines, VTOL bay....

A couple of missing node colliders but heh,

Enjoy the very first alpha of Jamaica Dome:

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www./?2zuv5dryv93ocb8

• 2 weeks later...
Very strange, i must have gotten something messed up in unity but it worked for me which is even more strange..

Haha yes this is the first part of the dome city, the pioner dome, and as you know the poioners didnt have any ramps and such haha ;)

Just kidding, the other dome which is the garage and launch has a big ramp that extend and rotate so you can drive out safetly =) The thrid is the commanddome witbh seats and control consoles. All three have air hatches for kerbals and roof acces.

You could use mechtoggle but for now im just using animations, But yeah you could make the door a bit rigid so it swings open like a western saloon door haha

Dont know if its possible but it would fit with the style to have like tiny sensors by the doors so they open when a kerbal is near. Dont know how long time it took for you top rig every servo but doing it that way makes it more a biodome with controls so its sweetbeans =)

cheers

Done some more bumpmaps, windows all work good now, no kerbal flying out the dome no more:

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.