KIDI- Kerbal Interplanetary Defence Initiative

A remake of one of my oldest vessels with new parts. Completely obsolete as a warship still but was still fun to play around with. I've repurposed it as a freighter so no metal armour this time.

As far as I know of this was the first military vessel to use a central spine. Pretty much used since by everyone is the Naval battle club. :)

jVEahtW.png

Just wanted to post that K.A.W. episode 1 will be released saturday May 1st, AKA Tomorrow. As always I will take any design into consideration as long as you follow guidelines.

Guidelines:

MUST: be able to achieve orbit on its own( not cheating)

MUST: Be named appropriately, I will name if necessary.

MUST: come with action Groups

OPTIONAL: weapons / classification

OPTIONAL: Faction/ side. Refer to previous post for factions.

OPTIONAL: Flag of your company

Edited by Hawks Of Hazard

Just wanted to post that K.A.W. episode 1 will be released saturday May 1st, AKA Tomorrow. As always I will take any design into consideration as long as you follow guidelines.

Guidelines:

MUST: be able to achieve orbit on its own( not cheating)

MUST: Be named appropriately, I will name if necessary.

MUST: come with action Groups

OPTIONAL: weapons / classification

OPTIONAL: Faction/ side. Refer to previous post for factions.

here is the site with all my craft files...

feel free to download any that interest you, they are all ready for launch and tested.

I specifically want to give you the "Space-F" and the "K.S.S. Florus".

the Space-F has two small rockets, and it can be reloaded with any other types of rockets that you desire when it is in space..

the K.S.S. Florus is a huge space carrier, it has a launch stage that works in .90, but it is untested in 1.0.

http://www.weebly.com/weebly/main.php

both have very manageable part counts... under 200.

- - - Updated - - -

Space-F attacking a station.

U65RO5v.png

a video demonstration

Edited by 8bitgammers

HELP NEEDED

please provide me with a stock, no cheats way to get this into orbit.

http://i.imgur.com/fH8N6dO.png

http://i.imgur.com/KZ3buq9.png

http://i.imgur.com/5Mhsgdu.png

PLZ help i know it is possible because I've launched other larger ones in .90 !!!

i'll post a download if i get it into orbit.

- - - Updated - - -

NICE!!!

is that 1.0, 'cause I've found large ships very hard to get into orbit in 1.0

Circa IV-27. All you need to launch anything xD

This is my new Mark One interceptor/Fighter Ive been working on. Messed up on the staging so i lost my torpedoes...

PS: this is also episodes 1 and 1.5 of my K.A.W. series

jbWADJo.png

Launch Stage is just some XL SRBs stuck to the side of this thing.NsefhGX.png

- - - Updated - - -

feel free to download any that interest you, they are all ready for launch and tested.

the Space-F has two small rockets, and it can be reloaded with any other types of rockets that you desire when it is in space..

the K.S.S. Florus is a huge space carrier, it has a launch stage that works in .90, but it is untested in 1.0.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to use the link but it just asks me to make a weekly account...

So what side would you like to have these ships go to?

PS: different ships can go to different factions

the carrier can be on the good side...

but i think the fighter would fit in with the enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my new Mark One interceptor/Fighter Ive been working on. Messed up on the staging so i lost my torpedoes...

PS: this is also episodes 1 and 1.5 of my K.A.W. series

a>

Launch Stage is just some XL SRBs stuck to the side of this thing.a>

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to use the link but it just asks me to make a weekly account...

Hmm.... that is very strange, i could email the craft to you... or if you have any other suggestions?... i could do them.

:huh:

Alright... I'll send the ships to you and my flag.

you don't have to give me credit, but i would very much appreciate it.

also, is it o.k if i announce these submissions on my channel to increase what submissions you get...

if so, how should i do so, and what are the requirements for submission.

ships on the way!!

Got both ships downloaded as well as your flag and my flag. The Space-F is already in orbit with a second on the launchpad. However, I'm gonna have to cheat the K.S.S. Florus into orbit as its too heavy and unstable. I thank you for your ships and will acknowledge you in the 3rd episode. If you would like to advertise my new war then I will make a Poster for it. This could be what you show people to get them to submit. I will also post it on here for all the players that occasionally look on the page.

iqRqkZi.png The Florus can barely make it off the ground. Plus it carries almost no fuel, I edited a model B version of it that has 2 command pods at the front instead of fuel tanks so that your flag is visible. I also put some more docking ports of different sizes inside and outside of the craft for my fighters as they use the default docking clamp instead.

The enemy has been working on a new fighter/bomber and it looks badass. It carries 10 guided/unguided missiles depending on if you activate the controls. It is my biggest worry right now, as I only have 1 armed fighter and the Florus is a sitting duck up there...

Q8AArAq.png This is the Lancer C-2, it is a beast... It can destroy all of my fighters currently deployed, though instead of heavy missiles it packs multiple smaller ones, so it probably won't do too much to a carrier or heavily armored ship.

The last ship that is in orbit right now is the Gladious, a medium size transport. You may remember one that looks similar to it if you watched Macy Dean. I copied his design but added a few extras including more fuel, more missiles, and tons of RCS. M84kZg5.png

Edited by Hawks Of Hazard
unfinished

Got both ships downloaded as well as your flag and my flag. The Space-F is already in orbit with a second on the launchpad. However, I'm gonna have to cheat the K.S.S. Florus into orbit as its too heavy and unstable. I thank you for your ships and will acknowledge you in the 3rd episode. If you would like to advertise my new war then I will make a Poster for it. This could be what you show people to get them to submit. I will also post it on here for all the players that occasionally look on the page.

a> The Florus can barely make it off the ground. Plus it carries almost no fuel, I edited a model B version of it that has 2 command pods at the front instead of fuel tanks so that your flag is visible. I also put some more docking ports of different sizes inside and outside of the craft for my fighters as they use the default docking clamp instead.

The enemy has been working on a new fighter/bomber and it looks badass. It carries 10 guided/unguided missiles depending on if you activate the controls. It is my biggest worry right now, as I only have 1 armed fighter and the Florus is a sitting duck up there...

a> This is the Lancer C-2, it is a beast... It can destroy all of my fighters currently deployed, though instead of heavy missiles it packs multiple smaller ones, so it probably won't do too much to a carrier or heavily armored ship.

The last ship that is in orbit right now is the Gladious, a medium size transport. You may remember one that looks similar to it if you watched Macy Dean. I copied his design but added a few extras including more fuel, more missiles, and tons of RCS. a>

You're welcome,

Although the K.S.S. Florus was able to get into orbit legit in .90,

i expected it to have some problems in 1.0 with new aerodynamics.

as for The poster, it sounds like a good idea, i could include it in a announcement video.

if you are ever interested in my other crafts i could give them to you anytime, feel free to use them or edit them in any way to fit into your series.

the poster should include craft limitations, categories, and any other distinguishing features that are needed.

i would prefer to have that poster so i can make the video ether today or on Tuesday.

Co-102 'Vulcan' Class Corvette is under construction. Pretty sure that this is the longest running line of capital ships still going in KSP. (Number correlates to version, except the Co-1 to Co-7)

I'm packing every advancement I can think of into this thing. Central spine, layered armour, segregated tanks, main gun, drop tanks, high TWR and dV. If you can think of anything else I should add point it out. Warship design has stagnated and so needs a bit of a shakeup.

Here is a pic of the barebones. Not armour yet so looks ugly as. The spaceplane tanks have a very good impact tolerance and so should increase survivability compared to the older models.

3vdAr4S.png

Co-102 'Vulcan' Class Corvette is under construction. Pretty sure that this is the longest running line of capital ships still going in KSP. (Number correlates to version, except the Co-1 to Co-7)

I'm packing every advancement I can think of into this thing. Central spine, layered armour, segregated tanks, main gun, drop tanks, high TWR and dV. If you can think of anything else I should add point it out. Warship design has stagnated and so needs a bit of a shakeup.

Here is a pic of the barebones. Not armour yet so looks ugly as. The spaceplane tanks have a very good impact tolerance and so should increase survivability compared to the older models.

http://i.imgur.com/3vdAr4S.png

When you finish that ship I'd love to add it to my new K.A.W. series

When you finish that ship I'd love to add it to my new K.A.W. series

Can you take the part count? I'm aiming for the 500 range.

Added the under layer of armour. This is what really takes the hit but is heavy and doesn't look as nice. An upper layer of wing armour slows incoming projectiles and looks prettier.

LV-N has really taken a hit. Before this kind of ship could easily manage 6K dV. Now I'm struggling to get over 4k.

akSrlBr.png

Added the under layer of armour. This is what really takes the hit but is heavy and doesn't look as nice. An upper layer of wing armour slows incoming projectiles and looks prettier.

LV-N has really taken a hit. Before this kind of ship could easily manage 6K dV. Now I'm struggling to get over 4k.

http://i.imgur.com/akSrlBr.png

I see this vessel has a refinery on board, very useful but how dose it mine ore?

http://i.imgur.com/akSrlBr.png

My computer quits out after 2,000 so i should be fine

I see this vessel has a refinery on board, very useful but how dose it mine ore?

It can land on low gravity worlds such as Minmus. I'm going to have drills in the back to mine ore.

The LV-N nerfs have severely limited range for larger ships so other ways are needed to give them a decent range. Drop tanks and refuelling should do it in theory.

It can land on low gravity worlds such as Minmus. I'm going to have drills in the back to mine ore.

The LV-N nerfs have severely limited range for larger ships so other ways are needed to give them a decent range. Drop tanks and refuelling should do it in theory.

I see, that's going to be pretty cool landing a cruiser on a planet. Better pick your landing zones wisely.

Yeah, also with the new over heating its hard to keep a steady burn going.

Also 8Bitgammer, I could not even cheat the ship into orbit, I'll do some more editing but for now its out of ep. 3

I will take all ships and currently need a Mun-landing capable frigate/destroyer. If someone could make that for me it would be amazing

Also 8Bitgammer, I could not even cheat the ship into orbit, I'll do some more editing but for now its out of ep. 3

I will take all ships and currently need a Mun-landing capable frigate/destroyer. If someone could make that for me it would be amazing

ya, i don't know what the problem with the K.S.S. Florus is, it worked so well in .90.

Ok finished the armouring. Just the details now to make it look nice and docking ports, landing legs, other stuff like that.

I can get away with using relatively few struts due to how its constructed.

http://i.imgur.com/YR7SzWx.png

i need to spread rep but have you tested it against some shells yet? (or is it for beauty)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.