KIDI- Kerbal Interplanetary Defence Initiative

Hey guys, good news and bad news... Good news is that I have episode 1 & 2 in final editing phase. Bad news is that I learned I SUCK at naval battles... episode 3 has to be redone, and I'm behind schedule with only 2.5 out of 5 predicted episodes made. I will pre-release episode 1 sometime in the next 2 weeks for 24 hours only, from then on you'll have to wait until summer.

PS: I'm working on something big in my spare time... something REALLY big, colossal, monstrous. details soon

Hey guys, good news and bad news... Good news is that I have episode 1 & 2 in final editing phase. Bad news is that I learned I SUCK at naval battles... episode 3 has to be redone, and I'm behind schedule with only 2.5 out of 5 predicted episodes made. I will pre-release episode 1 sometime in the next 2 weeks for 24 hours only, from then on you'll have to wait until summer.

PS: I'm working on something big in my spare time... something REALLY big, colossal, monstrous. details soon

great!

can't wait too see what you do! You seem very enthusiastic about this! and that makes me very happy!

just another reason I CAN"T WAIT FOR SUMMER!

What's your youtube channel?

What's your youtube channel?

here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTLMp7PCYksdFfGNnLwUX2A/feed

- - - Updated - - -

also, i tried to send you more of my fighters in a email.

just a heads up!

hey did some testing vs your ships, guess what, i found your root issue with armor, you used a fuel tank as your core, this is a BAD idea as even ibeams can 1 shot your entire ship. Im close to releasing a AKS version of your ship, it should be far better, its just taking me a while to finish it as your ship is kinda tough to work with.

thx,

at the time i built that craft i did not know of the problems that a fuel tank core could bring.

but as i tested it... it was clear.

rather than scrap the design i decided to improve it. but now i see that i may need a new model.

thx for improving the design, i look forward to seeing it!

Alright, this is pretty sad, my first naval battle was between my cruiser accompanied by 2 drones and another cruiser with 2 of 8bits fighters. The events are as follows.

Naval Battle commences,

-turn 1- enemy cruiser is disabled after exiting slip space and is crippled.

-turn 2- enemy fighter white 1 engages with firestar 1(AKA my cruiser). fires 3 missiles, all are direct hits onto the engine, none do any damage.

-turn 3- allied drones engage enemy fighters, red 1 fires only missiles at enemy fighter, its a miss. red 2 is too close and missile doesn't gain enough speed.

-turn 4- white 2 attacks red 1, misses.

-turn 5- red 1 rams white 2, bounces, too slow.

-turn 6- firestar 1 fires anti-fighter barrage, fire control offline. shots are inaccurate.

-end- enemy cruiser is unable to flee, enemy fighters retreat back to friendly space. outcome =DRAW=

As commander of the Arcain forces, I am taking personal responsibility for the dud, inaccurate torps on the drones. current drones will now act as scouts. new red team will be assembled using knowledge of enemy missile remains (missiles weren't destroyed) and 6 new fighters will be launched over the course of 2 turns. As for the firestar, it will undergo massive renovation with the addition of fire control centers, RCS, and a hanger addition for the new red team.

Alright, this is pretty sad, my first naval battle was between my cruiser accompanied by 2 drones and another cruiser with 2 of 8bits fighters. The events are as follows.

Naval Battle commences,

-turn 2- enemy fighter white 1 engages with firestar 1(AKA my cruiser). fires 3 missiles, all are direct hits onto the engine, none do any damage.

-turn 3- allied drones engage enemy fighters, red 1 fires only missiles at enemy fighter, its a miss. red 2 is too close and missile doesn't gain enough speed.

-turn 6- firestar 1 fires anti-fighter barrage, fire control offline. shots are inaccurate.

-end- enemy cruiser is unable to flee, enemy fighters retreat back to friendly space. outcome =DRAW=

As commander of the Arcain forces, I am taking personal responsibility for the dud, inaccurate torps on the drones. current drones will now act as scouts. new red team will be assembled using knowledge of enemy missile remains (missiles weren't destroyed) and 6 new fighters will be launched over the course of 2 turns. As for the firestar, it will undergo massive renovation with the addition of fire control centers, RCS, and a hanger addition for the new red team.

Do you have a video to show this sir?

Naval Battle commences,

you seem to be having a hard time with battles :(.

but i may suggest a solution!

remember how macey dean orchestrated his final battle (with the exchanging of saves/videos via email, and tacking turns. then editing enimies terns and allies terns into a REAL battle).

you could use the same system to create a REAL BATTLE experience!

i could move the enemies (Not narrating, but recording my moves), send my saves and video to you, you will respond with your moves, send the save to me.... etc... etc...

put music over my moves, voice over your own. edit. refine. Bam!

ur best episode.

i would be willing to do this any time i get a save file presistant.

- - - Updated - - -

in unrelated news:

i have been getting ready to produce my own KSP combat series.

here is what is going to be the main enemy capitol ship:

THE BREAKER!

Gpbv1DK.png

MRituOu.png

What's wrong with that outcome?

Nothing, I'm still learning how to do this, but this just told me how much I have to learn...

[quote name=ou seem to be having a hard time with battles .

but i may suggest a solution!

remember how macey dean orchestrated his final battle (with the exchanging of saves/videos via email, and tacking turns. then editing enimies terns and allies terns into a REAL battle).

you could use the same system to create a REAL BATTLE experience!

i could move the enemies (Not narrating, but recording my moves), send my saves and video to you, you will respond with your moves, send the save to me.... etc... etc...

put music over my moves, voice over your own. edit. refine. Bam!

ur best episode.

i would be willing to do this any time i get a save file presistant.

I like your idea, but it's a three way war, I'd need to get one more person, so maybe we could do that for season 2

Have you not read my previous posts? I've been saying that this is part of my big summer season 1 part A release. Anyway, yes, It's a 12-16 minute episode, and the first of many in season 1

What makes a Dreadnought a Dreadnought?

not srb-5s :P

typically dreadnoughts carry the largest ordnance possible. srb-5s just dont convey that.

although an srb-5 with six srb-5s attached to it radially makes for a highly devastating, very compact, and stackable dreadnought main weapon.

srb5cluster_zpshvtiuq1c.jpg

Also here's a preview of UKSC's new Fleet Carrier. Has 8 fighter bays. 3 light fighters can fit in one bay. 2 of any other strikecraft fit in one bay. Can be loaded with 5 different strikecraft (see below).

All strikecraft have RCS engines for spaceflight and are capable of unpowered glides to land on Kerbin (making them double as escape pods).

carrier1_zpspsh5p6w8.jpg

carrier2_zpsoow2rrho.jpg

Light Fighter

lightfighter_zpsjlxl0ufq.jpg

Heavy Fighter

fighter-mk2_zpsplwuwkd8.jpg

Bomber

bomber_zpsxpmt7cql.jpg

Dropship

dropship_zps1tury2mw.jpg

Atmospheric Attack Jet

microwing%20attackjet_zpsap4h4e7z.jpg

Edited by Khobai

not srb-5s :P

typically dreadnoughts carry the largest ordnance possible. srb-5s just dont convey that.

although an srb-5 with six srb-5s attached to it radially makes for a highly devastating, very compact, and stackable dreadnought main weapon.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/Khobai/srb5cluster_zpshvtiuq1c.jpg

Also here's UKSC's new Fleet Carrier:

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/Khobai/carrier1_zpspsh5p6w8.jpg

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/Khobai/carrier2_zpsoow2rrho.jpg

Carrier has 8 fighter bays. 3 light fighters can fit in one bay. 2 of any other strikecraft fit in one bay. Can be loaded with 5 different strikecraft.

Light Fighter

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/Khobai/lightfighter_zpsjlxl0ufq.jpg

Heavy Fighter

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/Khobai/fighter-mk2_zpsplwuwkd8.jpg

Bomber

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/Khobai/bomber_zpsxpmt7cql.jpg

Dropship

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/Khobai/dropship_zps1tury2mw.jpg

Atmospheric Attack Jet

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/Khobai/microwing%20attackjet_zpsap4h4e7z.jpg

looks like a formidable fleet!

i like the compact designs of the fighters so that they can fit into the carrier!

how many parts is the carrier?

- - - Updated - - -

oh just saw it... 533

Have you not read my previous posts? I've been saying that this is part of my big summer season 1 part A release. Anyway, yes, It's a 12-16 minute episode, and the first of many in season 1

I'm just excited, okay? Not seeing this in your channel is frustrating, stop giving the hypes :D

- - - Updated - - -

Sleek light armored SSTOs? Not much military potential, but really cool-looking recon spacecraft :D

previes :D

z8NvLvF.jpg

r0wGh7p.jpg

8yq0t5s.jpg

emaIjeM.jpg

Ano00EC.jpg

2Qjr7vF.jpg

LZAqUou.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

jklrLZO.jpg

FZyKsc7.jpg

HajJE8X.jpg

i0fO7if.jpg

l36Y5nh.jpg

w9YSb9A.jpg

Significant military potential if they're downsized enough to be carrier-borne.

ujHAfsW.png

Still struggling to put the Razor back into action. It needs two more of the largest LF tanks to even have the same D/v and that pumps the mass up by 7 tons(so much for new nukes' fuel being larger but the same mass) 2900 is kinda enough given the possibility of refuelling but a Duna return while armed used to just about be in the fuel budget, not now. It's going to have to be a lot larger now.

Just downloaded a certain Corvette, gonna go prove a point.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/Khobai/srb5cluster_zpshvtiuq1c.jpg

Also here's a preview of UKSC's new Fleet Carrier. Has 8 fighter bays. 3 light fighters can fit in one bay. 2 of any other strikecraft fit in one bay. Can be loaded with 5 different strikecraft (see below).

As majestic as it is, there is the critical weak spot where the mk3 hulls contract, a clustered Srb-5 could spilt the ship in half!

- - - Updated - - -

Significant military potential if they're downsized enough to be carrier-borne.

Well if it's gonna be carrier borne then it would most probably fall into those tiny fighters :D but oh well, these SSTOs aren't meant for that anyway xD

- - - Updated - - -

Still struggling to put the Razor back into action. It needs two more of the largest LF tanks to even have the same D/v and that pumps the mass up by 7 tons(so much for new nukes' fuel being larger but the same mass) 2900 is kinda enough given the possibility of refuelling but a Duna return while armed used to just about be in the fuel budget, not now. It's going to have to be a lot larger now.

Just downloaded a certain Corvette, gonna go prove a point.

Isn't it rather troublesome to have it made larger? And there is the critical weak point of being able to behead the craft.

The fact that is barely makes orbit anymore means that this isn't going to be the craft.

What's the power plant setup? From the looks of it, this craft seems possible for orbit given the right power plant and flight profile :D

As majestic as it is, there is the critical weak spot where the mk3 hulls contract, a clustered Srb-5 could spilt the ship in half!

thats hardly a weakness. theres very few if any ships that a clustered srb-5 cant cut in half anyway :P

Besides the carrier should get a chance to intercept anything before it gets close enough to launch anyway. Because the carrier gives up having the ordnance and durability of a dreadnought. There wouldnt be much point to a carrier if you couldnt use your fighter's mobility/range advantage to preemptively attack anything moving towards the carrier.

As for armor, the ship is already pushing the limit for part count... I had to choose between functionality as a carrier or durability and I chose the former.

Could I use this ship for my war series?

yes. when im satisfied that the ship/fighters are ready for release ill post a .craft file here and in the uksc thread.

Edited by Khobai

I haven't seen a ship that an rt-10 can't cut in half.

true dat. fire enough rt-10s at anything and youll obliterate it :P

armoring ships just isnt worth it because of the part counts it adds... youre doubling or even tripling your part count and likely wont even bounce an RT-10 anyway. And certainly youre not bouncing an RT-5 cluster round.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.