Photorealistic Kerbin

Chant778

From the main menu using Ninja ripper the files are....

Tex_0627_0.dds

Tex_0627_1.dds

Tex_0720_0.dds

Tex_0720_1.dds

Tex_0723_0.dds

Tex_0723_1.dds

Then you just find the meshes with the same names :P

• 3 months later...
It's pretty easy to rip stuff from the game.

I ripped a whole Kerbal once! :D

1yPxn

I am calling bs on this. I have spent quite a while looking into the files in order to export the models textures and rigs, and the models and textures for parts is easy to access, it is in a .mbm and .mu file type and that can be converted to .RAW and .DAE easily in a hex editor, however the textures and models for the space center, planets, and kerbals are all inside of encrypted .assets files and these files are created by Unity and then encrypted even more by Squad, using a hex editor on these is just about impossible.

Also if you did get the models/textures then the character would be in a T-pose, and you would be unable to move him because exporting bone data is not possible. So you would have then had to rig him yourself to get him in that nice looking pose.

My guess is you Photoshoped this out of one of Squad's animations or from some promotional picture advertising the game. Want to prove me wrong Nutt007? Then go ahead and explain exactly how you got the file out.

I am calling bs on this. I have spent quite a while looking into the files in order to export the models textures and rigs, and the models and textures for parts is easy to access, it is in a .mbm and .mu file type and that can be converted to .RAW and .DAE easily in a hex editor, however the textures and models for the space center, planets, and kerbals are all inside of encrypted .assets files and these files are created by Unity and then encrypted even more by Squad, using a hex editor on these is just about impossible.

Also if you did get the models/textures then the character would be in a T-pose, and you would be unable to move him because exporting bone data is not possible. So you would have then had to rig him yourself to get him in that nice looking pose.

My guess is you Photoshoped this out of one of Squad's animations or from some promotional picture advertising the game. Want to prove me wrong Nutt007? Then go ahead and explain exactly how you got the file out.

Wow don't get you panties in a twist. All I did was use 3D Ripper DX while in the main menu. Haha. If only I was able to rip out the character in a T-Pose. I would have released the model for people to use in their animations. Next time you want answers don't act like a smartass k?

And just in case you still feel like you're right here's the file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56154768/stuff.rar?dl=1

Since you were a dick you have to clean up the file yourself. Have fun!

Edited by Nutt007

Sorry I was not trying to come across as angry, also you are the same dude from reddit right? XD

Uh yeah. Anyways, after you extract with 3D Ripper, you're going to have to rescale and delete things. And it's a real pain in the ass.

But after you get it cleaned up you can get some nice results.

KerobnautinWSpace.png

• 1 year later...

Google images shows me a photorealistic map here, but I see it no where. What happened to it? High quality map of Kerbin desperately wanted!

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. But it does seem to be low-quality.

(This one: http://i.imgur.com/bFnsbkv.jpg)

EDIT2: It's a jpg. Of course it's low quality. Please high-quality version?

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.