Kerbal Mod Extractor v1.5 - Save & Swap entire install setups!

wetmelon

Hi there!

You may have seen this Extraction tool on the Spaceport already, as I've released it and been doing quick updates to it in the last few days. Here's the breakdown of it:

--------------------

April 22, 2013: Updated to version 1.3. Will now both uninstall and enable/disable mods. Will unpack Internals correctly. (B9 users be aware, if you installed with version 1.2 or lower you may be missing B9 internals!)

This mod extraction tool will extract one or many .zip files containing Parts, Plugins, Plugin Data, and/or Ships to the respective KSP folders. It does not care what internal structure the .zip file has, as long as it contains the aforementioned folders.

Parts management is coming! Things to look forward to:

* Load sequence modification!

* Grouping of parts!

* Group loading (Organize your parts!)

* Modify part type! (Did someone put a satellite dish under Aero? Fix it! By group!)

Change Log:

1.00 – Basic unpacking functionality!

â€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€Ã¢â‚¬â€-

– Basic unpacking functionality is updated to be cleaner, ease of use improved.

– Added the ability to delete mods

– Added the ability to disable mods

– Now handles unpacking of Internals

- Fixed Overwrite issue. Now have the option to allow or disallow overwriting of mods.

- Added option to retain overwritten mods in special "Overwritten" folder

- Now handles unpacking of Resources

RemoteTech users beware! If you have installed with a version prior to 1.4, you may be missing RemoteTech resources!

Everything up to 1.4 is available here:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbal-mod-extractor/

-------------------------------

Beta release:

* - Added a Backup/Restore option. *

This option allows a user to have multiple "installs" of KSP and swap them out on the fly while retaining a single ksp.exe file.

This is particularly useful for Steam users who cannot have multiple installations of KSP with differing mods.

1.5 is available here: Mega.co.nz Download - 1.5

---------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

Edited by wetmelon
Updating to 1.5

Unfortunately not. All it would take to work for OSX is I need to figure how what the file structure for OSX is. Once I do that i can get it working just fine. I don't have a MAC or know anyone who has one unfortunately

• 2 weeks later...

Hey every one. Wetmelon has let me into the playing field to manage the code on the linux side of things. Some OSX support as well.

What I'm here to do; So Wetmelon can focus on the code.

Fault testing: If somting does not work let us know. Please include a link to the mod if its a mod issue. We need to know your OS your using as well.

Gerneral Howto's: Need help using the program, don't know how it works let us know what you need.

Have a suggestion? Let us know. Wetmelon might just put it in a later relese.

Again I'm not the boss but I can try to help when hes not around. So don't go asking me to change the core of the program its out of my preview.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.