The Bismarck

Broco

My first design I upload here, it's very heavy and bulky: The Bismarck.

It was a nightmare to get his fatty into space...

Tried many different ways to launch it. This one looked pretty good but it went terribly wrong:

myjpq94x.png

Decided to turn the ship 90° but it was still alot of tweaking.

x9ferch6.png

The launch itself was kinda complicated but finally did it:

pvo2nsfa.png

And now lets go to the orbital gas station kinda QUICK.

5y3svy43.png

Craft-file:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7505344/Bismarck.craft.html

Excuse the poor graphics but my PC is not the best and if I try to dock to my orbital station I have like 1 FPS on better settings :-D

Coming soon: Big Jool Orbital Station

Your first launch profile xD! I like it!

Thanks alot :-D

Does it fly well?

Still needs some tweaking... Wasn't able to test it in space until I got it into orbit. THAT was the major problem. And with major I mean 5-star-general-problem.

It's ok but you can not use full throttle. RCS placement must be overlooked, too but it's really flyable.

How hard is it to sink?

It's not the Titanic which is - as we all know - unsinkable. But I will eventually TRY to land it on water :-P

What is its blast radius when exploding?

At least 500 metres.

How many cannons and torpedoes does it have?

I actually thought about making small rockets for it which are launched and then undocked but the effort-to-fun-ratio wasn't high enough because it wouldn't look good and I just wanted to use stock parts...

What really would be cool in future versions would be if you could perform time-oriented sequential controls with action groups like "activate engine and decouple 0.1 second later".

I think action groups are one of the coolest tools in KSP.

Edited by Broco
Suggestion added

@bacondeity: Many thanks, looks brilliant. Will overlook the design a bit though and try to make the ship more balanced.

New laptop is on its way and coming the next week I hope so I can run this game on full settings aswell and do screenshots like those.

The manouverability is not that good, don't you think? :D

Yeah, when throttled up it makes a VERY angry turn up, lol. It's unbelievably hard to control.

I didn't realize this would happen, so when I built my Hyperion, I didn't balance its thrust either, luckily, it's actually still pretty easy to control. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.